The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway February 18th and 19th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everyone that stayed for the second day dropped their lap times and the rest of you would have done the same. John that is cool, what are you using for that?

The in car timer is a starlane GPS 3x. The computer software is free from starlane and its called DigiRace MMX.
Apparently you can synch videos as well - we'll try that with Mikes videos as my gopro decided not to play.

Here's another plot comparing mikes 2:02 session (yellow) to my 2:10 session (red) - I may be up all night ;)

MikeVJohn_zpsdf38085e.png

NFSBOSS said:
Everyone that stayed for the second day dropped their lap times and the rest of you would have done the same. John that is cool, what are you using for that?
No doubt about that. Second day on a new track will almost always be faster than the first. Next year we'll have a little better idea of where we're going and should be able to get a lot faster yet.

cloud9 said:
John that looks pretty cool. Looks like you can find the fast lap (and split) to see the fastest line through every corner. Where did you find that unit?

http://www.solomotoparts.com/Starlane-Stealth-GPS-3-Lap-Timer-with-Track-Mapping/

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
OK cliff's notes--great weekend, great people, I will post more later after work.

Finally got around to figuring out how to view my laps in Harry's Lap Timer. My last session on Tuesday, I cranked out a couple 2:06 flats and a couple high 2:05s. Here is the video from my fastest lap! I will post up a bunch more videos featuring some great runs with (Moto)Viper, CaptDistraction, and our buddy w/ the FR500S "sometime later" this week.

This video only took about 3 mins to compile with Harry's Lap Timer app on my iPhone, awesome time saver. Normally I'm editing video for an hour in Sony Vegas and overlaying data from Trackmaster just to get a few laps output!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGWJRiFPQE&hd=1

Edit: I dunno why the embed isn't working but the link should work.

I use Racerender 2 to overlay the Hero Gopro video with the Harry's Laptimer info. I really like the lap overlay that starlane did above and will look at that. I will post my videos to youtube when I process them after work.
This was a great event and I enjoyed talking with all the knowledgebase that you all have, both driving skills and technical.

It was cool watching you Chris and Ron out there tearing it up yesterday. Your cars sound phenonemal. It gave me something fun to do while we were waiting for them to put the cars back together :p

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
It was cool watching you Chris and Ron out there tearing it up yesterday. Your cars sound phenonemal. It gave me something fun to do while we were waiting for them to put the cars back together :p

Yeah I am interested to see Ron and Chris' videos, as well as my own...haven't even started to download the stuff from my Flip cameras.

Your car is going to be even louder than Chris' on-track now that you have LTs! Looking forward to some on-track clips of that.

I didn't get a lot of pics but here are few from the phone.........

It wasn't my time ;)
20130219_100359_zps97d7dda0.jpg
20130219_105718_zps51dea0ee.jpg
20130219_100409_zpsd5fa3ce6.jpg

20130218_141757_zpsa04c48f3.jpg
20130218_141436_zps0153d07c.jpg

Grant and his spare parts:
20130218_132519_zps6ef74f4d.jpg

Drew and Chris camping out:

20130218_132459_zpsabf2369e.jpg

John and Mike:

20130218_132433_zps60875217.jpg

A GTR that got caught in a "stampede" ;)
20130218_132411_zps7dbb2c02.jpg

Racecar 8)
20130218_132326_zpsc3fefc6a.jpg

Rentals:

20130218_132244_zps5bbe2d4b.jpg

would love to hear more about prep on the cars and what we might be able to take away / learn from what they've done. sounds like the cars might not have been as 'race-prepped' as one could have hoped for...but anything interesting about suspension / brake setups? and what kind of safety gear was in the car?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
It sounded like those guys may be coming on here to learn more about what we are doing to track prep our cars so they can improve their school cars. :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel