The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup Pineapple on pizza and EPAS racks. Two things I am a big fan of. Sorry you had some bad luck, can you get the car modified in time to take the Championship?

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Well, Thunderhill was a bust.
Another power steering failure sent us home after the first session. This is the 3rd failure and I’m sick of it.

Time for an electric rack.

View attachment 68053

One thing I learned about this track, the road disappears…a LOT. If you don’t already know where you’re going you could be in the weeds in half a second. Wish I had more laps to learn this track but nooooo…

So instead we’re having breakfast at round table….drinking pizza and eating beer.

View attachment 68056

And yes, that’s pineapple on my pizza….don’t like it? Fight me.

That's a fruit salad.

*Raises fisticuffs*

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Yup Pineapple on pizza and EPAS racks. Two things I am a big fan of. Sorry you had some bad luck, can you get the car modified in time to take the Championship?
I sure hope so.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No need for Mad or I to fight you , big fan of pineapple ( and Canuck round bacon ) on my pizza too. Pretty sure most approve or you cereal malt beverage and would be happy to join you in that repast!?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
You know you’re in a race track bathroom when the stalls are held together with zip ties.

239326504_224186366343488_7693434072907566046_n.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
25 min. to 1½ hrs. from Sonoma (ugh... traffic!)
And yes, that’s pineapple on my pizza….don’t like it? Fight me.
Can anything with pineapple on it still be called pizza?
NO!

Does it still taste good?
Probably, but no thanks.

Are we gonna fight now?
I pick my battles and this ain't one. Hope you enjoyed, you deserve it!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Can anything with pineapple on it still be called pizza?
NO!

Does it still taste good?
Probably, but no thanks.

Are we gonna fight now?
I pick my battles and this ain't one. Hope you enjoyed, you deserve it!
Try it. you'll like it.

Fabman, You surely expanded your build thread with the mention of pineapple on pizza!! My motto is "To each his/her own"...that's why they have menus in restaurants.I,personally don't prefer anything sweet on my dinner plate....no pineapple on pizza, no cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, no mint julep with my leg of lamb......You get the picture. I save the sweetness's for dessert..........no fight, no foul...just enjoy whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Fabman, You surely expanded your build thread with the mention of pineapple on pizza!! My motto is "To each his/her own"...that's why they have menus in restaurants.I,personally don't prefer anything sweet on my dinner plate....no pineapple on pizza, no cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, no mint julep with my leg of lamb......You get the picture. I save the sweetness's for dessert..........no fight, no foul...just enjoy whatever floats your boat.
I find that most who rail against pineapple on pizza have never actually tried it....not all, but most.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
sal.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
By Gum!! Those meaty tires look big, even for the 18x12 wheels.
Big wheels for mustang are hard to find and expensive.
I was lucky to get these and I had to wait forever for them to be made.
Now I could get some CCW or similar brand for $1000.00/each but I needed 12 of them so that just wasn't going to happen.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Understandable... I forgot what wheels you have, Did Apex make some 18x12 wheels?
I wish. These are Forgestars. Decent wheels, but not on par with Apex.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Ahhh,,, forgot abut that .. I deleted the word Forgestar from my memory banks after buying some 18x12s for some Camaros. Not a pleasant buying experience.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel