The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fat N Furious tv show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/fat-n-furious/photos/1969-mustang-boss-and-a-1960-thunderbird/

tonights episode on the discovery channel is suppose to have a new boss vs an old boss

Set to record, thanks!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
2 things: first why would you do that to a numbers matching Boss? I get he wanted to beat his son but way to throw a ton of money out of the window. Second, not a real race. They weren't even wearing helmets and the film was obviously played at a higher rate to give the impression of speed.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I saw where the boys gave a value of the '69 around $80K. That matching numbers car looked fantastic and I've been looking, you can't touch a car like that for under $100K unless there some underlying issue that wasn't brought up.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
TymeSlayer said:
I saw where the boys gave a value of the '69 around $80K. That matching numbers car looked fantastic and I've been looking, you can't touch a car like that for under $100K unless there some underlying issue that wasn't brought up.

It was missing the 'g' on the rear decklid. ;)

It was missing the 'g' on the rear decklid. ;)

Noticed the G missing too, go back and watch the burn out; notice the One wheel spin? And the non stock front seats, steering wheel, Sunpro tach? The guys never had their seat belts on, not that the belt would fit around them! They are some large boys.

I was hoping for a better comparison between the two!

The owner of the 69 Boss 'Ron' was in my class at Track Attack. At the meet & greet dinner he surprised me when he said that he owned a 69 & 12 Boss also. I don't remember if his son was there or not. I didn't find him in the Group or Class photo, but Ron was. I really believe Ron owns both cars, and the father-son competition was made for TV and our entertainment. Since he was at Track Attack, he should have known about helmets and safety belts, etc. Just good or bad TV, depending on your point of view. Still nice to see a Boss 302 get some airtime and the show was funny here and there.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Sorry to say I missed this show, but I did follow the link and noticed the engine on slide 6 of 7. I'm not sure which car this engine is for, but it's not an original Boss 302 as it doesn't have a "Canted" valve set up. Anyone know the ID of this engine?

Thanks,
302 HP

Definitely made for TV entertainment. The 12' still would have owned regardless of the power upgrade on the 69'. The braking, tires, suspension geometry; there is no way that car would win....

Still nice to see a boss on TV...

The engine they transplanted into the 69 boss looked like a 351 Windsor, probably with a set of Ford Racing aluminum heads and roller cam. At that track, Pitt Race, formerly Beaver Run, a reasonably well driven stock boss should be under a 1:10 lap.

302 Hi Pro said:
Sorry to say I missed this show, but I did follow the link and noticed the engine on slide 6 of 7. I'm not sure which car this engine is for, but it's not an original Boss 302 as it doesn't have a "Canted" valve set up. Anyone know the ID of this engine?

Thanks,
302 HP

That looks like an SBC (notice the siamesed intake ports). Clearly not what went in the '69 B2 re-engine...that had to have been a FRPP 363 ci "Boss" crate motor, P/N M-6007-Z363FT, which uses Windsor-style heads (unlike the Cleveland-style canted-valve heads on the original B302).

Yeah, that episode was pretty goofy. For sure not a serious shootout between old and new. Even with the mods the old Boss wouldn't stand a chance vs. even a respectably driven new one.

BigTaco said:
Definitely made for TV entertainment. The 12' still would have owned regardless of the power upgrade on the 69'. The braking, tires, suspension geometry; there is no way that car would win....

Still nice to see a boss on TV...
There is no way with the tires on the '69 Boss that it could keep up with the '12 Boss when driven blindfolded. ;)

My son and I enjoyed the episode.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
NFSBOSS said:
There is no way with the tires on the '69 Boss that it could keep up with the '12 Boss when driven blindfolded. ;)

My son and I enjoyed the episode.

Agreed. Plus it was all about Dad's car. The feel good story just had to end with Dad and his beautiful '69 winning. The kid looked nervous too. I bet the kid has a lot less experience driving on the track than Dad.

TMO Supporting Vendors