The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First Major Failure??? PCM crapped out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlazinBoss302 said:
I hope you get this worked out soon. It's definitely no fun to buy a limited edition car like these and have issues like this. Takes the fun out of owning the car and leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Good luck to you!!

It kind of makes you wonder how these cars will be in 30-40 years from now?
Will they be able to be worked on or will they be boat anchors by then,because the electrical systems can't be fixed or repaired correctly?
Lynn

Will they be able to be worked on or will they be boat anchors by then,because the electrical systems can't be fixed or repaired correctly?
Lynn
[/quote]30 - 40 years from now the technology in these will be a simple as we might find working on a '68 Fastback; although I have to admit screwing with the jets on a 4bbl carb always did scare me.

Anyway, by then the current technology will seem ancient so even though I won't be around probably, the surviving 2012's should be easy to diagnose and fix with the technology available. The main issue will likely be parts availability I'd think.

LynnBob Mustang said:
BlazinBoss302 said:
I hope you get this worked out soon. It's definitely no fun to buy a limited edition car like these and have issues like this. Takes the fun out of owning the car and leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Good luck to you!!

Lynn
Man I'm not gonna worry about 30-40 years from now. If I'm still vertical, I doubt I could handle this beast. ;D

C'mon Wally...you can get one of the grand kids to drive you around in it on a Saturday night! ;)

I think I hold the malfunction record! On my 2nd day of ownership the coolant line to the oil cooler blew off (49miles) and drained the motor of coolant and then overheated and went in to limp mode on the side of the interstate! All in all the dealership I bought it from SUCKS would not do a damn thing to compensate me...nothing...said it was my problem. Called ford and they offered to give me a free bumper to bumper no maintenance warranty. So i called the dealer and said cancel the one I have with them...they said they couldnt it was in the financing...what!!! I have canceled and extended warranty before that was worked into the financing and I got a check for the remainder of the warranty value. Eventually ford usa gave me 1 free months payment. i insisted that they send out a materials engineer or automotive engineer to determine if any of the internal engine temperatures would have compromised teh durability or longevity of the car...have not heard back and it has been 5months. Then! I got into a fender bender(not my faullt) and the ford body shop was the worst experience I have ever had with a dealer hands down. Couldnt get me the hood decal, so I said paint the hood black where the decal should be and if your tech cant do the pin strip just paint it with out the pinstripe. Also asked them to install some clip in corbeau racing harnesses, fix a scuff on the door handle and on the door! So it takes them 10 days to do this!! I was told five days, on day five i get a call ohh we are waiting for the paint to dry we need 2 more days...day seven oh ford sent us the wrong grill we are making one...what? dont put anything on my car that isnt a ford part please! Dealer: ok fine! Please paint mine and put my car back together (they were supposed to be waiting for paint to dry remember) 2hrs later I get a call for sent us the wrong headlight...wtf I told you to order the xenon hid from the shelby(as i added this on the day of purchase), you ordered the wrong part ford didnt you send you anything wrong(i thought u were just waiting for paint to dry). 2 days later your car is ready...sweet did you put the harnesses on> Oh no we didnt the tech says its a 6hr job he would have to rip apart your entire interior...what!!! I have done them with hand tools in 1hr! whatever im coming to get my car in 1hr how does it look? Oh it looks awesome. So i roll up to the dealer...HOOD NOT PAINTED WITH BLACK DECAL THEME!!! wtf...door handle not re painted new bumper has a paint chip on and grill shroud not repainted!!! Car not washed, vacuumed or delailed at all!!
So dont ever buy a car from westway ford in irving or bring your car to the body shop! They are totally incompetent. I didnt buy an entry level focus, i bought a boss 302 the 3rd one in dallas. where is the love!

Looks like you found a bad apple. Sorry to hear about your experience. Those guys should probably just sell used cars under the name of "Bubba's". Rest assured not all dealerships are as incompetent as Westway". You should elevate this to the manager or owner. The guys at the top should know about the pathetic level of service their employees are providing. I would even go to the local media. In the end, find another dealership. Good luck.

There's bad apples all over the place. My friend with the new Camaro SS brought his car in for an air conditioner service recall. When he took the car back home he noticed oily hand prints on the hood & door jamb, scoff marks on the lower jamb getting into the car & a fresh 1" scratch on the lower front bumper. He called the dealer the next day to express his "disappointment" & they made good by giving him a $100.00 dealer voucher & repainting the front bumper.Still, this stuff shouldn't happen in the first place.

Hey PharmBoss!

Sorry that you had such bad luck with Westway. I live in Irvng and know about them. Things have really changed there since Van Tuyl bought them years ago. I bought my 91 GT from them and they were great back in the day. BTW, I wouldn't go to Grand Prairie Ford either since they are owned by the same company. I have had good luck taking my cars and truck to Park Cities Ford.

Did you buy the White BOSS or the Silver LS from them?

I hope to see you and your BOSS around.

PharmBoss,

Don't forget to post your info here:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/2012-and-2012-boss-302-and-boss-302-laguna-seca-registry/boss-registry-give-us-you-info-here!!/

pharmBoss - we've discussed how lame many dealerships are with anything related to the BOSS. I certainly understand your frustration, but would advise not to confuse the dealership with the car. I found dealing directly with Ford to be beneficial in resolving my issues. They did seem to be very concerned about my satisfaction with the car and also seemed to understand a Boss owner was a slightly different type of customer.

One other thing - you don't have to take warranty work to the dealer who's jerked you around. Do some research and take it to another dealer who might have a good reputation for their service work. Maybe a bit inconvenient, but probably will make you a more content owner from the experience you receive.

Good luck!

TMO Supporting Vendors