The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Floods, Fires, Fear of Covid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That does it!!!!..I'm moving to Florida......just far away as possible from Belle Glade..................covid , obviously, made you pack that chute wrong..it's all starting to make sense now!!!!!!!!!!! ....1603556770990.png

Last edited:
That does it!!!!..I'm moving to Florida......just far away as possible from Belle Glade..................covid , obviously, made you pack that chute wrong..it's all starting to make sense now!!!!!!!!!!! ....View attachment 59088
Belle Glade is one of the armpits of America, remarkably, it's not far from Palm Beach, one of the richest counties in Florida, and occupied with morons that are unable to read a ballot correctly (election 2000) then implied that the whole state was as stupid as they were. That area is very bizarre, Palm Beach has Moroso dragstrip and of course the road course where Lynn St. James learned her skills in the SCCA. When I went down there for my SCCA schools we literally jackknifed the rigs into the hotel parking area against each other to prevent them from being stolen. If you go down there you will go from a gated community, cross a bridge and into a ghetto, it's like that all across that area. that's the problem, there is no functioning middle class, you are either rich and live in a mansion, or dirt poor broke and doing drugs, no middle ground. I never go there unarmed.

popTXKgl.jpg

one of the armpits of America,
I live in Bridgeport CT...It has been known as the armpit of New England.It was a city full of industry, factories and jobs. All that started to vanish in the 70's and now there's not much left.If it wasn't for Sikorsy Aircraft in neighboring Stratford, we'd be up the creek without a paddle or a boat .BTW, Sikorsky is where I retired from after 40yrs of service.

There are basically two hell holes in Florida, Palm Beach county and Broward County, the Miami area is pretty conservative politically because of the Cuban population that still harbors a lot of ill will towards the Castro regime. ( My family sponsored many families form Cuba, escaping Castro in the early 60s).
Broward County, as many of you will remember, is home of the Broward Coward, the deputy who stood bye outside of the high school while a punk shot the place up, killing over a dozen kids. Not only was he a bum, but the entire command staff of the Broward County sheriff's office is of the "woke" variety, they all stood bye while this was happening, afraid to make a commitment, they should all have been fired. The local cops, on the other hand, with a bunch of unarmed firefighters went in and ignored the sheriff's office who was technically "in command". This county also has the election supervisor who spoiled several hundred votes by intentionally mixing improper votes with legit ones, meaning they all had to be tossed. If God was going to put an enema into Florida, He would have to choose between Palm Beach and Broward counties.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
With regards to COVID, I was talking to the officer at my firehouse that took my spot when I retired, he was telling me that you could jump out of an airplane, your chute malfunction, and if the autopsy said you tested positive for COVID, that's what you died from.

Yeah, they're doing that up here too. Anyone that dies with a positive COVID test, or even a strong suspicion, is recorded as a death from it. Asinine. Just trying to justify the profligate waste of money that's going on up here because of this.

This thread has grown to host multiple opinions as to what is happening around here and nearby!!!..A yr ago, We'd never would have this conversation...now we must learn and listen to and from everybody...united we stand ..divided............you know the rest...................................

In a few days I head to Laguna Seca for the IMSA race hopefully, the clown they have for a governor won't mess that up. Funny how looting. burning, and protesting won't spread COVID but going to church or political rallies will.
2 sets of rules, one for us and one for the elites

Floods...The hurricane season is winding down, we may be out of the woods......Fires are still a major concern in the west!! covid...you either fear it or you don't...I'm betting age has a lot to do with that.. the young ones feel they are invinsible ..the older folks realize they can be very much in trouble if they get infected ....will "normal" days ever come back???..even if a vaccine is developed...how many will take it??..how will it be disbursed???...lots of questions ...not many answers...................

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I am not sure about all the sceptics though...... The Spanish flue was real enough and we are doing less about it then they did back then.

1603579724046.png
This was us down here in Chile. We though they were going to escape with very few cases... But May and June were cold and wet and only In July they got their act together with a surprisingly good system of controlled lock downs by area, Here, you have a mask or your going to jail. Being out and about with Covid is a serious fine and jail.

Our deaths/million is at 725 in the US its 694 and climbing fast.

This is the US.. It does not look so good, you will by overtaking us by the end of the month in deaths per million. Not a good thing.
1603579879751.png

I really hope its just unreal numbers, but take care guys!! Particularly us older fatter types who like to race cars!! The world needs us!!! Who will bring the young kids to the Dark Side.. where engines rumble and the smell of gasoline and hot brakes makes us smile.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The Spanish flue was real enough and we are doing less about it then they did back then.
I'm not sure I can agree with this statement. In 1918 there was little they could do to treat the effects of the virus.
I was given steroids and antibiotics when I tested positive. Neither were available in 1918. I developed almost no symptoms, 0.5 raise in body temp and mild fatigue were all I experienced. In 1918, when they could really do nothing, masses died. The only choice back then was "Run Away" and that didn't work. Choosing the same failed techniques will do what??
In 1918 50 Million died world wide. In the US alone we lost 675,000 during 1918 and 1919. We are nearing 1.5 million deaths world wide, with 7.8 billion people. If you believe the Fuzzy Math used today.
Don't forget the difference between the news and the facts. The Sky is NOT falling. Covid is not a death sentence. Although it has killed economies through poor choices. Ask me how I know.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I'm not sure I can agree with this statement. In 1918 there was little they could do to treat the effects of the virus.
I was given steroids and antibiotics when I tested positive. Neither were available in 1918. I developed almost no symptoms, 0.5 raise in body temp and mild fatigue were all I experienced. In 1918, when they could really do nothing, masses died. The only choice back then was "Run Away" and that didn't work. Choosing the same failed techniques will do what??
In 1918 50 Million died world wide. In the US alone we lost 675,000 during 1918 and 1919. We are nearing 1.5 million deaths world wide, with 7.8 billion people. If you believe the Fuzzy Math used today.
Don't forget the difference between the news and the facts. The Sky is NOT falling. Covid is not a death sentence. Although it has killed economies through poor choices. Ask me how I know.

I would agree with that in respects for the modern medicine etc. Considering what they had available, they made the best effort they could.. No, the sky is not falling, but its been a unforgettable 2020. Hoping for a much better 2021!

Glad you went through it well!!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I would expect an increase across the globe since we now have the fall season, schools back in session and people staying in doors more.
And add that to certain behaviors and yes, we’ll have an even bigger problem come winter.

In other discussions about Sweden a while back where their example was cited...I said, “Just wait. 6 to 8 weeks, and it’ll be another story...

And there you go.

FWIW, I’m not afraid of dying from Covid, at least not short term wise. But I certainly don’t want to be a guinea pig for what chronic issues there may be as a result.

TMO Supporting Vendors