The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Floods, Fires, Fear of Covid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Funny, have a large multigenerational family all under one roof. Nobody got the flue this season (ours is June, July and August), must have been all the masks when out of the house and social distancing. Lets be positive! Looks like a most of us willl be vaccinated in 2021 and as a tried and true conservative... I tell my self all the time...If Biden was running for leader of the UK or Canada.... He would be too conservative for the respective conservative parties;)... The world in not ending..... (yet)

PS. Even survived 7 months with out eating sushi!! (its not cooked and dont know who handled it)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
It doesn't matter what you believe about COVID, frankly. Tyrants all across the world are happily decimating economies while simultaneously cheering on a Marxist revolution. There will be no going back. The ratchet of authoritarianism only turns one way and more than half the country is gleefully turning it as quickly as they can. Considering offloading the Mustang (I had to mention it in order to stay on topic I think) in order to lean out a little bit because it's going to get a whole lot worse.

This entire video is worth a watch.
47 minutes...I'll have to watch at home tonight. Thanks for the link.

Alcohol might limit the spread of covid...I may stock up for the winter!!! covid may come back with a vengence !!!! covid infection rates were under 1% during the summer into early Sept. in Ct...latest figures 6.1%.....The colder it gets the more people stay inside and cough and sneeze WITHOUT MASKS!!!....This is something that will not end soon!!!!!!!!.......I'm NOT selling my Boss no matter what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....or the Tacoma!!!!

In the V6L
One of the factors in play with the pandemic is the way it's being treated by media in general and by some politicians. Not just in the USA or Canada, but around the world. One phenomenon that really makes things worse is the modern media headline strategy that goes "If only you knew [xxxx], you'd be [angry or frightened] as heck". Mainstream media does it, clickstream media does it, and in some places, politicians do it. It's a broad strategy that applies to local news and global news, to the pandemic, to car accidents, to civil strife, to anything that might sell column inches or drive clicks, and it's relentless. Generating fear or anger gets people to act - absorb advertising (that pays media's bills) or gets people out to vote, or whatever.

To get away from this narrative, I've been managing my own stress over Covid by educating myself on the virus and the disease. I counted this morning, and I have 205 academic papers, research reports, preprints and clinical trial reports, some that I've just scanned and other that I've read in detail, depending on topic and usefulness. The data I've looked at comes from all over the world - Europe, South America, Asia, North America and Africa. Some things are different in different places and other things are the same the world over. As part of the process of digesting the data, over the summer from May to late September, I prepared and sent out a Covid Update newsletter to some of my friends and former work colleagues. Interestingly, this approach is working for me - my stress level is actually quite low. I've developed a pretty good grasp of the state of the science, the way the virus operates and the way the disease damages the human animal.

Most of what I see in the media is small snippets of information, usually factual, that's used to feed the fear or anger headline narrative. A good recent example is the "75% of sick people in the study wore masks" headline. It's true - I read the study. But it's irrelevant because 75% of the healthy people in the study wore masks too. The study was about a facet of the disease that required both the healthy group and the sick group to have the same level of mask-wearing so the groups could be compared properly. Participants were selected accordingly. And yet, some media outlet grabbed onto this irrelevant fact and launched a "if you only knew what we know, you'd be angry" campaign with it. It created a cascade of clicks and drove a lot of ad revenue for the publisher, but it was totally unhelpful to the public at large. It's sad, really.

One thing to express in all this covid baloney is that wearing a mask will not help from getting covid much, but it will help to slow the spread by slowing down infectious droplet exposure when someone sneezes or coughs if they are a carrier of the disease...someone mentioned that the Flu was much worse than covid....I beg to differ! There have been over 4600 covid related deaths in Ct since March...the Flu numbers don't come close.............................

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
One of the factors in play with the pandemic is the way it's being treated by media in general and by some politicians. Not just in the USA or Canada, but around the world. One phenomenon that really makes things worse is the modern media headline strategy that goes "If only you knew [xxxx], you'd be [angry or frightened] as heck". Mainstream media does it, clickstream media does it, and in some places, politicians do it. It's a broad strategy that applies to local news and global news, to the pandemic, to car accidents, to civil strife, to anything that might sell column inches or drive clicks, and it's relentless. Generating fear or anger gets people to act - absorb advertising (that pays media's bills) or gets people out to vote, or whatever.

To get away from this narrative, I've been managing my own stress over Covid by educating myself on the virus and the disease. I counted this morning, and I have 205 academic papers, research reports, preprints and clinical trial reports, some that I've just scanned and other that I've read in detail, depending on topic and usefulness. The data I've looked at comes from all over the world - Europe, South America, Asia, North America and Africa. Some things are different in different places and other things are the same the world over. As part of the process of digesting the data, over the summer from May to late September, I prepared and sent out a Covid Update newsletter to some of my friends and former work colleagues. Interestingly, this approach is working for me - my stress level is actually quite low. I've developed a pretty good grasp of the state of the science, the way the virus operates and the way the disease damages the human animal.

Most of what I see in the media is small snippets of information, usually factual, that's used to feed the fear or anger headline narrative. A good recent example is the "75% of sick people in the study wore masks" headline. It's true - I read the study. But it's irrelevant because 75% of the healthy people in the study wore masks too. The study was about a facet of the disease that required both the healthy group and the sick group to have the same level of mask-wearing so the groups could be compared properly. Participants were selected accordingly. And yet, some media outlet grabbed onto this irrelevant fact and launched a "if you only knew what we know, you'd be angry" campaign with it. It created a cascade of clicks and drove a lot of ad revenue for the publisher, but it was totally unhelpful to the public at large. It's sad, really.
Its the old "Bread" story. 90% of ax murderers also ate bread, therefore you should stop eating bread to preserve your sanity and be be very leery of anyone eating sammiches on a regular basis. Especially on Tuesday's. In tennis shoes. Agreed, the disinformation campaign isn't helping us, regardless of the position it takes. If it's not 100% honest and fair it's only adding to the confusion and fueling the diametrically opposed perspectives we see. Give me facts, regardless of opinion and let me decide for myself. I want to see facts so that I can decide for myself if I need to alter my perspective or behavior. Don't spoon feed me BS even if it agrees with my perspective because if my perspective is flawed I need to know about it. Can't people just be honest? No. The answer is unfortunately no.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
One thing to express in all this covid baloney is that wearing a mask will not help from getting covid much, but it will help to slow the spread by slowing down infectious droplet exposure when someone sneezes or coughs if they are a carrier of the disease...someone mentioned that the Flu was much worse than covid....I beg to differ! There have been over 4600 covid related deaths in Ct since March...the Flu numbers don't come close.............................
That's not entirely accurate, the deal with the flu is that people with flu are being tossed into the covid camp to bolster the numbers....so a lot of "Covid cases" aren't necessarily truly covid. Its BS and people get all defensive about it but they are cooking the books. Look at the numbers of deaths in America and what the causes are. Deaths from "other causes" are way down because they are attributing many of them to covid when many of them are not.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I don't believe anyone suggested that the flu was worse...lets stick to the facts here or we become part of the problem.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sal, I hope you are right, but codvid infections are shutting down where my wife is employed.....not flu.....................It's a pandemic for a reason because it's out of control.
Yes, people are getting sick. Nobody disputes that, just the numbers are being inflated to suit an agenda.
It's important to know when you are being fed a line of BS so you don't fall for whatever they are pushing.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
The problem is the pandemic, not how We feel it's being portrayed by the media and politicians. They have their own obligation to address....
The problem is much bigger than that when people make their judgement's based on faulty data.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sal, You have conspiracy in your mind ..I have what I see in mine....they both can be intertwined very easily....peace my friend..we'll see what our future brings........
After all the BS claims on various subjects we've seen in the media you are surprised to think many of us see conspiracy? Its because they are lying to us. Do you base your ideas on lies? Do you blindly believe every thing they tell you? Would you like to buy some beachfront property in Arizona?

Does media make up the death rate from codvid in this country...closing in on a 1/4 mil...My little state of Ct is over 4600 deaths...............I didn't know they had beaches in Arizona...something to look into.....................

TMO Supporting Vendors