The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For all of you Boss owners who paid MSRP or less...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling said:
rpm3dinc said:
You can also say the demand for the 2012 BOSS was way greater than the 2013, and there are still over 600 2012 BOSS Mustangs out there that have not even sold yet.

Over 600 2012's on dealer lots?

Have been keeping track of the remaining 2012 Boss' for sale. More like 60, not 600. This is new & alot do have an ADM.

Paid MSRP for mine last July, had to drive to the next state, but was a nice ride back home :)
At the time, all the local dealers that actually got a Boss had some markup. Wasn't going to pad their greedy pockets.

I periodically goto AutoTrader.com and look for Boss'. What I have found is some new '12s still out there, mostly msrp and up, also found some low miles used (usually not at Ford stores) from around $ 39K and up, some over msrp, go figure that. The good news for us Boss owners is they are holding their value now. I think there will be a point when the market becomes saturated (hope not) and the prices will drop some. The good news, is any car that is a serial numbered limited edition tend the be at the top of the market compared to the standard versions. I do not know this for a fact, some of you may, but a Mustang enthusiast told me that the Boss is a 2 model year deal with around 8K total projected to be built. I know that Ford did that with the '08-'09 Bullitt (had one of them too). Still the Boss stands out in the crowd, I like that. Gotta go it's Cruiz Nite here in AZ.

snowboss said:
I periodically goto AutoTrader.com and look for Boss'. What I have found is some new '12s still out there, mostly msrp and up, also found some low miles used (usually not at Ford stores) from around $ 39K and up, some over msrp, go figure that. The good news for us Boss owners is they are holding their value now. I think there will be a point when the market becomes saturated (hope not) and the prices will drop some. The good news, is any car that is a serial numbered limited edition tend the be at the top of the market compared to the standard versions. I do not know this for a fact, some of you may, but a Mustang enthusiast told me that the Boss is a 2 model year deal with around 8K total projected to be built. I know that Ford did that with the '08-'09 Bullitt (had one of them too). Still the Boss stands out in the crowd, I like that. Gotta go it's Cruiz Nite here in AZ.

That's what I'm reading 4000 units in '12 and 4000 units in '13. 750 LS models each year out of that total.

That's what I'm reading 4000 units in '12 and 4000 units in '13. 750 LS models each year out of that total.
[/quote]

Correct, 3250 regular Boss 302's & 750 LS. Was close last year, 3249 regular & 767 or so LS models.
Similar to the total production of the 69 & 70 Boss. 1628 for 1969 & 7013 for 1970, so about 8600 in total, little more than our 12's & 13's.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
ace72ace said:
Good for you! Keep up the good work! Friends don't let friends pay ADMs!! ;D

Rather than post a link that might be dead in a week or 2, if you care, login to autofairford dot com and check out their 2013 Mustang stock. Hey look, a SBY and GB Boss Mustangs yours for the taking for only $10,000.00 over MSRP!!! Quick! What are you waiting for?!?! ::)

This is the crap I went through last year when shopping for a '12 Boss here in New England, and was told they were either already sold, or they wanted a hefty mark up. I'll never forget the guy who smugly told me their last Shelby sold 'with a markup' like, of course such a magnificent automobile, of the finest pedigree was worthy of such a modest and well deserved premium for the discriminating purchaser... This was at another stealership, but you get the idea.

Hey, it's capitalism, go ahead and ask for whatever you can get, I just won't be buying. I'm almost tempted to go into the dealership with my son holding the vid cam, filming me walking up to either car, looking at the window sticker, putting on my reading glasses, peering closely at the price, taking them off to quickly clean them, re-examining the price, and then burst out laughing, so much so that I lose my breath and double over in pain from lack of oxygen... Continue laughing loudly while pointing at the sticker (here is where Junior needs to quickly run over and get a shot of the ADM) until they kick me out and tell me never to come back. That Youtube vid would go viral to 10k hits easy.... bwhwhahahahaaaa

Do I dare? Am I really that juvenile? Hmmmm......

How goes the hunt?

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Didn't bother checking them out, they since sold the GB, still have the SBY. My guess is some dope paid around 4-5k ADM and thought they got a 'deal' marked down from a 10k ADM, just a hunch. Seems to be enough people around here with more cash than brains. My ordered Race Red has been built, just waiting for it to leave 'area 51' and get loaded on a rail car.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Found this in my glove box when i took delivery of my boss... REALLY??? Obviously I did not pay that... paid below MSRP

[ ]

I Paid a premium..... They wanted a 10k markup, Ended up paying 5100 in "ADM" 2013 Boss LS,

They wanted a 3k "ADM" on the Standard equip boss, However they told me if I bought the Standard boss @ the "ADM" they would let me choose a new set of rims & tires for it (I told them I couldn't stand the black rims and that's why it was LS or nothing) so basically msrp plus rims & tires.

Smoothgrandmama said:
I Paid a premium..... They wanted a 10k markup, Ended up paying 5100 in "ADM" 2013 Boss LS,

They wanted a 3k "ADM" on the Standard equip boss, However they told me if I bought the Standard boss @ the "ADM" they would let me choose a new set of rims & tires for it (I told them I couldn't stand the black rims and that's why it was LS or nothing) so basically msrp plus rims & tires.

$5100 ADM for an LS is acceptable and even pretty good. I think even now you shouldn't pay any ADM on a regular Boss, 12 or 13. The LS is a different story.

Hi
Went to Joe Cooper Ford in Yukon, Oklahoma to buy my 13 Boss. They called me on Friday telling me they had a white one coming in on the train and if I was interested to come talk to them.I went up there on friday and they offered to sell me the car for $67,000 with my 11 5.0 trade in value of $20,000 and with $12,000 cash down.
I just looked at them and said no way and came home.
They called me back on monday and said the car was in and I should come and look at it. I told them there was no use in me comeing to look at it as I wasn't going to pay that much and it is a 180 mile round trip and I would be just wasting both of our time.
They asked me what I would offer and I told them MSRP and no cash down,$28,000 trade in for my car and we would just trade key's and I would drive it home. He said he would ask and call me back. I figured no deal and forget about it.
Three hour's later they called me back and said if I would take $26,000 for my trade we had a deal and to come pick up my new car. Needless to say I toke the deal and am glad I did.
I asked them why they took my offer and they said that I had bought 3 new car's and a pick up from them in the last6 year's and they wanted to keep my business.
Greg

Russellsam said:
I got a 13 LS at sticker but yet to be delivered , it is 3rd qtr build.

That's awesome. Good job!! More people should have demanded no ADM. I have noticed some dealers getting pretty crazy with the 13 GT 500s. $20k or more ADM. They can keep them for that much.

Had a LS reserved at MSRP, but was/is a Q4 build, so I let it go and got a regular Boss. It may still be available is anyone is looking for an LS, I could look into it, PM me.

hello to all got my 2013 for $1500 under sticker from lewisville ford. found on internet for 1500 under sticker printed it and they stood by it but could not figure out how it got printed that way other 2 they sold were over $4500 over MSRP!!!

I ordered my 2013 for under MSRP from Covert Ford. Their other dealership in Hutto, TX has a SBY with Recaros and Cover/Mats that can be bought under MSRP.

Won't find one at Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake VA. They took delivery of two Boss 302's and on LS. The Boss's were listed with a $10k ADM and the LS was a staggering $25K ADM. Unbelieveable!

Paid $46K for my SBY '13 Boss, or $535 above sticker from Lee Sapp Ford in Ashland, NE, about 25 miles west of Omaha. Dealer threw in Trackey for free, so essentially paid sticker. Most other dealers in the area were/are asking $3K-$5K above MSRP for the non-LS Boss.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
wwilde001 said:
Won't find one at Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake VA. They took delivery of two Boss 302's and on LS. The Boss's were listed with a $10k ADM and the LS was a staggering $25K ADM. Unbelieveable!
I bought the white one. Didnt pay anything close the the 10k adm more like 500 bucks. But it did take 6 hours to get them down to that. The red one they were willing to take MSRP for but I didnt want red I wanted white. The poor guy that bought the LS did pay the 25K mark up cause he just walked in with a check or something the guy said.

I was able to buy my 2013 PW for D Plan. I'm fortunate that my daughter is the Office Manager at a Ford dealership (17 years).

Don't let anyone tell you that Ford won't honor A/D Plans etc. She had to provide proof of family with birth certificate, etc.

After owning this car, I would definitely do all I could to purchase one if I was not eligible for A/D plans, etc.

I used to be in the Sales side of the Automobile business and I can tell you that if you are willing to put in the hours to search and negotiating with all kinds of people, then it is worth it.

Sometimes, the Sales Managers/Salespeople take it real personally about their car deals, especially if it's truly limited production items like the Boss, Shelby, etc.. This is their chance to "hit the home run!", since so many deals they make are small profit, especially on new vehicles with all the competition in the marketplace and the economy.

Remember, if you finance, then the dealership can also generate profit on the "back end" of the deal.

I don't begrudge any dealership trying to make a profit b/c Capitalism works. You just have to be happy with the deal you got.

There are probably many owners who paid more than MSRP for theirs; Doesn't matter, we own a very special car. I really don't think about my financial side of the deal, although I am very grateful for it; but if I had to pay another 50-75 per month to own The Boss would I feel bad? Heck no.

Bottom line: I wouldn't pay anything like 10K over! keep looking, keep seeking; you'll find it!

TMO Supporting Vendors