The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For all of you Boss owners who paid MSRP or less...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I suspect it is up to the dealer to decide whether or not they are willing to accept "D" plan pricing, not as to whether or not it is available on the Boss.

It certainly does help to know somebody on the inside of a particular dealership!

Congrats on your new purchase!

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Paid $500 under MSRP for my PW 2013. Dealt with the fleet manager and had zero hassles with the transaction. Had to go to LA to get the deal but it was well worth the trip.

Ace. Paid MSRP for my grabber blue with no options. Bonnel ford in Winchester, mass. Only allocation they had for the year. Even held the car for 5 days with zero deposit. Straight up dealership! The big dealers (ie herb chambers) are asking 5-7k adm here in Massachusetts. Only about 20-25 2013 bosses coming to Massachusetts this year so I can kind of understand. I just wasn't going to pay more than MSRP.

I am sure that as production #s wind down for the 2013s they will be sticking with there 5 to 10k over msrp and if you want one real bad you will pay it. Anyone thinking of buying should do it now. Just my two cents.

Paid $46K even, or MSRP +$435, for my '13 SBY Boss 302 from Lee Sapp Ford in Ashland, NE, They're a small-town Ford dealership and it was their only Boss allocation. The other dealers in my area that had one were all asking (and not coming off) MSRP +$3K, so this was the best I could do locally at the time. Yes, it's a racket. But I wanted the car, could afford it, and didn't want to mess around with an out of town purchase, so I went with it. They threw in the Trackey s/w for free, so net-net I basically paid invoice.

I don't begrudge those who paid above MSRP, though. It's called free enterprise... the dealer is free to sell a car for whatever they can get for it, and so far as I know nobody's forcing anybody to buy one at whatever price they pay for it, markup or not. It's a free will purchase, and to be an original owner of this very special machine is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for many of us. I, for one, wasn't about to pass it up in the color and with the options I wanted just to save a few $K.

For those who exercised patience and persistence and/or good negotiating skills to get the price they wanted, my hat's off to you. In the end the proverbial "it's all good" applies.

Think we should not only thank Ford for actually building the BOSS, but also for limiting the options. Really you have a lacuna sea or base to pick, seats and color. Made it easy for me as I just searched via ford website what dealers had "in stock" vs "dealer ordered", went to one locally and got at MSRP. Think of the real racket if we had to search and negotiate on multiple wheel, spoiler, radio and forgive me, but auto vs manual trans.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Been shopping for a 2013 Black Laguna Seca for over a year. Not seriously, just shopping. This gave me the opportunity to do my research. When I started to get serious I found a number of dealers within a 125 mile radius with Boss 302's and Laguna Seca's. One dealer I found on the internet, 62 miles away, listed what I wanted almost $3k under MSRP. I called to confirm the price and was told it was correct. I made arrangements to look at the car and talk with them about price. When they laid the paperwork down in front of me it was MSRP+$5k. I asked why the price difference and was told it was an internet price error and that they would not honor it the price I was quoted. Checked the web the next day and they had put a $10k ADM on it. I suspect that it will be there a while.

Found another dealer, very nice to deal with and they assured me that they only do MSRP on all their vehicles. Visited them and at first we could not get the numbers to work. They did stay in touch via phone and e-mail. Nicely, not pushy. I called back one day with another offer and the salesman said ok. He called me back shortly after we had hung-up and said that there was a problem, it was sold. So I am sure someone else got a good deal on a great car. The salesman offered to check to see if they had one on the way and I thanked him and said I would continue looking. Bozard Ford in St. Augustine, FL, good folks.

Found another 2013 Black LS in Jacksonville and went to check it out. The salesperson was friendly and when she came back with her floor manager and he started talking numbers and kept throwing out phrases like "it is a limited production car". When he started he had added a $5k ADM and I said that I was willing to start at MSRP and work our way down. Reminded him that it was listed at MSRP and the BS just started flowing. By the time I left I had no idea what numbers he was talking about and I was not about to agree to anything not in writing.

I finally found the one I bought, on the internet, at below MSRP. This time I did not call first (really was not sure I was going to deal), just wanted to look. I gathered my documentation (printed their web ad and along with documentation showing their dealer cost, recommended selling price, and Ford build sheets) and drove the 60+ miles. They agreed on the price and while I was there they offered to install the brake cooling hardware and trans air scoop. I okay-ed the brake cooling hardware buy opted not to do the trans air scoop (speed bumps). Since the front splitter is so big, they had it shipped to my house. Nice group to deal with. Mike Shad Ford of Orange Park, Fl.

I do not see how these folks can ask, or expect to get, the ADM's that they are asking. There is no shortage of Boss 302's and Laguna Seca's in my area. Most do have ADM's, but there are enough that will deal if one looks hard enough, asks the right questions, and has patience.

I have mine and I am happy. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great job shopping and being patient. Get this, I was getting gas the other day and a sales lady from a local NIssan dealer came up and complimented me on my car(RR white stripes). She said they had one on their lot with 800 miles on it, a 2012 regular Boss. Said they bought it at auction which I found strange. Anyway, I asked how much they were asking, she said $46,000. I about fell down. This is the kind of insanity I don't understand. Plus, my local ford dealers were still asking ADMs on 2012 models when 13s were shipping. Insane.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Where there is a will there's a way. I'm glad I didn't end up with a '12, and got a '13 Boss locally. Sometimes it all works out for the best. Friends don't let friends pay ADMs.

Tflong24 said:
Great job shopping and being patient. Get this, I was getting gas the other day and a sales lady from a local NIssan dealer came up and complimented me on my car(RR white stripes). She said they had one on their lot with 800 miles on it, a 2012 regular Boss. Said they bought it at auction which I found strange. Anyway, I asked how much they were asking, she said $46,000. I about fell down. This is the kind of insanity I don't understand. Plus, my local ford dealers were still asking ADMs on 2012 models when 13s were shipping. Insane.

I also saw (and test drove) a 2012 RR with black stripes on a Ford dealer's lot in September. This car had been purchased at auction in Texas according to the sales manager. I don't recall the asking price exactly, but it was in the 40's. The salesman told me it was a great deal because I wouldn't have to pay the regular sticker of $85,000. ::)

maddog said:
I am sure that as production #s wind down for the 2013s they will be sticking with there 5 to 10k over msrp and if you want one real bad you will pay it. Anyone thinking of buying should do it now. Just my two cents.

maddog is right on...if you are serious about getting a good deal on a Boss, get it now. Once production stops, ADM will kick in. It already has here. There is only one new Boss I know of available in Colorado right now, the the dealer is already refusing to sell without ADM.

I was in a ford dealer in San diego last week

They had:-

SBY and a Gotta have green at $6k over sticker

Black LS at $ 15k over sticker

GT500 and $20k over, yep you heard me, £20k over!

ian

Recent search on Autotrader and MSRP's are starting to creep up all over the place.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=32407&endYear=2014&keywordPhrases=boss+302&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=1328613&startYear=1981&makeCode1=FORD&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=0&bodyStyleCodes=COUPE&showcaseListingId=336762996&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&firstRecord=1&Log=0

I got mine for 40k even at Salem Ford in NH, in January! I called up a dealer with exactly the same car, they wanted 55k. I told him Salem Ford had one for 40k and he flat out told me to go buy it right away, lol.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
After offering MSRP to my local dealer for standard Boss back in December, I couldn't even get a response or counter offer from the sales guy. Two weeks went by and I found an identical Race Red model in Texas. Called them and offered $1K under list and had the car purchased in two days.

When I was having the Trackey installed at the local dealership last week, I saw they still had their Boss and they are asking $5K over sticker. Even adding in the $1500 shipping from Texas to Seattle I still saved $4500.

The dealers have every right to ask whatever they think the market will bear, but the reality is that we have a lot of other options. There are just too many dealers offering fair prices to pay these markups, and the Web gives us a lot of access to them. In the future I won't even bother going local. Your best deal is just a mouse click away.

TMO Supporting Vendors