The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Garage Photo thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some nice garages there!! I've got nothing but a cluttered up mess right now but getting ready to bump a new 2 garage off the existing 2 car next Spring. Decided it was money better spent than pouring $ into my pole barn.

Anyway, I wanted to point out something for all to remember. NFSBOSS has a nice setup but better hope that blue Boss never developes an undetected fuel leak as that gas fired water heater over in the corner with a pilot light will make a loud boom.... Saw that happen many years ago. Car sprang a leak and pilot light caused ignition setting the house on fire and burnt to the ground. :( :( :(

Im in the process of designing my garage (2 stall 19'x19') that is built into my house. Right now its just Blank Drywall, but soon it will be painted and have some stuff in it... Stay tuned...

Gary - This is the first time I have looked at this thread and I saw the pic's of your garage. That is one nice garage. I knew you had a Shelby but that is the first photo I have seen of it. How the heck do you decide which car to drive...

blk12svt said:
Anyway, I wanted to point out something for all to remember. NFSBOSS has a nice setup but better hope that blue Boss never developes an undetected fuel leak as that gas fired water heater over in the corner with a pilot light will make a loud boom.... Saw that happen many years ago. Car sprang a leak and pilot light caused ignition setting the house on fire and burnt to the ground. :( :( :(
So what you're telling me is every home built in the Southwest for the past 50 years with an attached garage is going to blow up? Ok. ::) I'm much more worried about earthquakes. ;)

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
NFSBOSS said:
So what you're telling me is every home built in the Southwest for the past 50 years with an attached garage is going to blow up? Ok. ::) I'm much more worried about earthquakes. ;)

+1 as you should be Arizona will be beach front property someday!

NFSBOSS said:
Your not going to blow up....Code calls for the water heater burner to be 18" above the finished floor in garages. The reason for this is....gasoline fumes are heavier than air and settle at the floor. Your heater looks like it up on a platform and should meet the recomended height clearance. As far as the earth quakes>>>>your on your own! Lol

Excuse me........Didn't mean to ruffle anyones feathers just trying to point out a potential safety hazard. Regardless of building codes and the height of the pilot above the floor, if you dump 10 gallons of gas in the floor of an enclosed room with a flame at the ceiling I wouldn't want to be nearby.

Oh well, I'll take the heat if only one guy sees this and it reminds him of the dangers of gas and an ignition source. My cousin was burning a brush pile and was 50' away from the fire standing next to a 5 gallon can of gas that exploded because the wind was just right. He is dead as a result.

blk12svt said:
Excuse me........Didn't mean to ruffle anyones feathers just trying to point out a potential safety hazard. Regardless of building codes and the height of the pilot above the floor, if you dump 10 gallons of gas in the floor of an enclosed room with a flame at the ceiling I wouldn't want to be nearby.

Oh well, I'll take the heat if only one guy sees this and it reminds him of the dangers of gas and an ignition source. My cousin was burning a brush pile and was 50' away from the fire standing next to a 5 gallon can of gas that exploded because the wind was just right. He is dead as a result.

You raise a very good point, and I need that reminder. I have a natural gas heater in my garage, hanging from the ceiling and designed for garages, but none-the-less, I still find myself not thinking clearly and storing several 5 gallon cans of gas in there. I need to stop doing that.

blk12svt said:

It's always a good reminder of the potential hazard.

NFSBOSS said:
Awesome garage and welcome to BMO. Tell us about the 911.

Thanks for the welcome!

2nd post on the Boss forum...about my 911.

It's a 1966 I found on CL about 8 years ago for $6500 and I worked on it everyday for 13 months. It had a blown motor and everything else was worn out, except for the paint. It's got a '70 2.2 motor (Webers, MSD, SSI's, R-style muffler), rebuilt 901 5-speed, ER poly-bronze bushings & monoballs, Bilstein HDs, 21/29mm t-bars, 19mm H&H front swaybar, adj. spring plates, all new brake system, new front susp. pan/tank support, new carpet, GTS Nurburgring seats, Crow harnesses, TRE rollbar w/harness bar, RSR-style strut brace...there's more, but I wanted to basically built a car that looks like it could have existed back in the 60's. I put about 5000 miles a year on it, most of that is an annual trip from Seattle to California in the spring. This year will be less...I haven't even started the 911 since I got the Boss about a month ago. I feel kinda bad, but the Mustang is just too dam much fun to drive.

This is out in front of my former garage.
DSC_0004-L.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors