• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Have Your GT350 Order Tracked Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWebb said:
New to the forum searching for answers on my GT 350 order. Wish I'd found this forum much sooner! My build date per dealer was 10/21 and they tell me it's been built but no word on ship date. According to dealer, Flat Rock/Ford ships last in, first out. I'm seeing many with much later build dates taking delivery and I'm shocked, ok...pissed, that that would be Ford's approach to customer service if true? Appreciate any help you can provide jmbboss!

VIN#1FA6P8JZ3G5520391

As of the December 19th update:

In Production - Produced - Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI - ETA Start Date Oct-24-2015 - ETA End Date Oct-30-2015

Your Build Date is October 21st. All early builds were put on shipping hold for quality reasons. They just haven't got to your car yet. Ford would rather hold it until it's right, rather than having the customer bring it back to the dealer.

mattlqx said:
I wasn't as persistent as disneyfun so I didn't get my car on Thursday. Can you tell me if it made it out of the yard? 1FA6P8JZ8G5521813

Thanks jmb!

As of the December 23rd update:

In Transit - Received - B4-4 (Auto Transport Group Llc ) - Ramp 1P, El Mirage, AZ - ETA Start Date Dec-24-2015 - ETA End Date Dec-30-2015

If could show up at your dealer anytime now.

SinisterX said:
Hey Jim , when you have a moment. Just seeing if any change in the last 3 weeks.

Dealer # 44440 & Order # 5030

Anyone know , if there's no build date date as of yet will they just wait until spring? At this point I'd rather just wait instead of transporting it through the salt

As of the December 14th update:

In Order Processing - Unscheduled-Material Hold

You need to contact your dealer, and find out when the allocation is for this build.

bdub85 said:
Any update on 1fa6p8jz6g5522524? thanks

As of the December 18th update:

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Jan-18-2016) - Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI - ETA Start Date Feb-01-2016 - ETA End Date Feb-07-2016

mine 1FATP8JZ2G5520286)

was released to Body Company, then received RAIL (Auto Warehousing), then Returned from Body Company, and is 'Released' as of yesterday. the drama continues.

jmbboss302 said:
As of the December 19th update:

In Production - Produced - Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI - ETA Start Date Oct-24-2015 - ETA End Date Oct-30-2015

Your Build Date is October 21st. All early builds were put on shipping hold for quality reasons. They just haven't got to your car yet. Ford would rather hold it until it's right, rather than having the customer bring it back to the dealer.

Thanks jmb, appreciate the additional info. Although I can appreciate Ford insuring they are taking care of those issues before releasing, it doesn't give me warm fuzzies not knowing what those quality issues are/were. Not to mention, later orders getting priority and being shipped. I guess it is what it is. Again, thanks for your time!

mattlqx said:
Early builds were pretty unlucky, particular this stretch in October. There's a fair amount of stuff they had to go back and fix after production.

Thanks Matt. Any idea on what that "stuff" is/was?

cloud9

Gary
CWebb said:
Must not be all cars though. Mine was built 10/13/15 and shipped 10/28/15. Yours was built a week later so mine wouldn't have had the fixes in a running line change.......

mattlqx

Mustangless
CWebb said:

Wiring harness heat shielding or some such. Another forum has documents on what was done to one car from that time period. Not all of them, but a lot of them from mid to late October were held until recently.

cloud9 said:
Must not be all cars though. Mine was built 10/13/15 and shipped 10/28/15. Yours was built a week later so mine wouldn't have had the fixes in a running line change.......

Yeah, something not adding up. I know of a few others with the same or a few days earlier build that have received their car?

cloud9

Gary
CWebb said:
Yeah, something not adding up. I know of a few others with the same or a few days earlier build that have received their car?
It could be a multitude of different things. None of which should be alarming. I own a dealership in a different industry and I know from being involved with their dealer council that there are an incredible number of things that can happen post manufacturing that you generally never hear about. A load goes into a ditch because of a deer, someone puts a forklift through it in distribution, they identify a finish issue and need to repair/replace something, it spontaneously combusts :p and it goes on and on. In your case, it could be as simple as a stripe coming loose and needing replacement.

ChopSui said:
Hi jmbboss,

Can you check up on 1FA6P8JZ1G5521054 for me?

thanks!

As of the December 28th update:

Awaiting Shipment - Released - Flat Rock Assembly Plant

ETA's haven't been updated, yet.

screamin5.0 said:
Hi jmbboss,

Can you please check the status of 1FA6P8JZ3G5522383 for me when you have a moment?

Thanks!

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Jan-11-2016) - Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI - ETA Start Date Jan-28-2016 - ETA End Date Feb-03-2016

jmbboss302 said:

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Jan-11-2016) - Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI - ETA Start Date Jan-28-2016 - ETA End Date Feb-03-2016

Thank you for the quick response and Happy Holidays! Getting very close now :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel