The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HOD "Do the Screw in Your 302" Special Event August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Boss said:
Come and hang out in the paddock. Bum a ride or two.
This.

Or

HOD will set you up with an instructor to drive with you. They're a great organization to do your first track day with and you'll have a blast.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Tucson302 said:
I'm torn because I really want to drive my LS at LS but I'm scheduled for track attack the following weekend! And I honestly have no business tracking my car before I learn more about doing so...what to do?

You'll still enjoy Track Attack no matter what and you'll still learn a lot from Track Attack. Come down and enjoy the track.

if you are planning on attending this event and are coming from out of town make hotel reservations immediately. HOD has a good rate at the Hyatt and the Marriott Courtyard in Salinas is another good option and probably where I'm staying. This is a rare Sunday event so don't miss it.

So far we have Ron, Andy and me all driving in the Advanced group. A couple of friends of mine, one with a PW Boss and the other with a Z06 are probably going as well. Who else is going? Are any of the SoCal members going to make the drive up?

Wow...6 Boss 302's signed up...Great start...don't forget the deal at the Hyatt and the early check in at Knuckles Sports Bar...lots of fun.

Another thing to consider is the SCCA World Challenge race is the Friday before the event, August 23rd, at Sonoma. If anyone wants to meet up at the race and make a long weekend of it let me know. I'll be there on the 23rd and I'm sure we can catch up with someone from Ford Racing for a discussion about the 302S race cars.

http://www.world-challenge.com/event/index.php?ID=9162

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Stock GT Mufflers will keep you under 90dB even without the cats. For me with ARGH headers, high flow cats and Corsa Sport mufflers I'm at 92 to 93dB. With no cats I'm at 95-96dB. Also if you short shift at 6500 it really lowers the noise. We have an 87dB limit at Lime Rock so I have to keep the RPM down where they are sampling (main straight) costs me 4 mph and .5 seconds a lap.
Steve

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and just bought a 2013 Boss a month ago. I will be at the August 25th event at Laguna (B intermediate). It's my home town track, I live in Carmel and look forward to a great day. Will try and get my brother up here from San Diego for the day as well, he has a '12 Boss.

Surfergeek said:
All signed up to join everyone in the C group with my FRPP 624HP Supercharged '13 GT :D

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you on BMO my friend.

Guys, surfergeek has a great car and hopefully he'll show some pics. Like of him at a freakin super speedway last week! Lots of mods and in beautiful Race Red! He's got a super rare membership card that requires me to buy him a beer at any time or place. He stayed with me at Spring Mtn while I waited for a tow truck, waited while we loaded 'er up, followed at what was likely a snail's pace all the way to Shelby American, then drove me back to the hotel- missing the beginning of the nice banquet dinner.

Aite, here's a pic of his car between mine and Austin's '13 Shelby on the way to Vegas this year. For a second there I thought Marty's car had snuck into another photo..!!

040_zps872c0433.jpg

Guys in areas where it's blazing hot, just get on a plane (not a 777) and come out to the track. When I look at the ten day forecast for Monterey in the MIDDLE OF JULY it's predicting highs of 65-70*. Sixty five degrees. Yeah the track will be warmer, but you can get your cool going down at cannery row. One of you guys out there is drinking a beer that is sixty five degrees right now! The wife will absolutely love Carmel by the sea and you get to go to one of the most iconic tracks in N American to hang out with your bestest of internet friends. ::)

While you're there, go play a round at a little course on the ocean called Pebble Beach.

PebbleBeachGolfLinks-Hole7-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Monterey+CA+USCA0724:1:US

25hours600.jpg

Andy,

You'd make a great travel agent... I'm down for some spectating and taking pics! See you on the 25th.

Fat Boss said:
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you on BMO my friend.

Guys, surfergeek has a great car and hopefully he'll show some pics. Like of him at a freakin super speedway last week! Lots of mods and in beautiful Race Red! He's got a super rare membership card that requires me to buy him a beer at any time or place. He stayed with me at Spring Mtn while I waited for a tow truck, waited while we loaded 'er up, followed at what was likely a snail's pace all the way to Shelby American, then drove me back to the hotel- missing the beginning of the nice banquet dinner.

Aite, here's a pic of his car between mine and Austin's '13 Shelby on the way to Vegas this year. For a second there I thought Marty's car had snuck into another photo..!!

040_zps872c0433.jpg

Thanks for the intro Andy!

Looking forward to another great day at LS.

Here is a quick teaser of the aforementioned Super Speedway:

1012159_10151654551868956_2109950375_n.jpg

ufnavy06

I met a gentleman today who has #7xx in CO who used to take Porsches out to LS all the time. He said he'd look into signing up for the event.

ufnavy06

Is this advertised on some of the other bigger Mustang sites (source, net, SVT, etc)? I was looking for it on the Source yesterday and didn't see it. I ask because the gentleman I spoke of in my previous post frequents source much more than here and he wasn't aware of it.

ufnavy06 said:
Is this advertised on some of the other bigger Mustang sites (source, net, SVT, etc)? I was looking for it on the Source yesterday and didn't see it. I ask because the gentleman I spoke of in my previous post frequents source much more than here and he wasn't aware of it.
I have it posted on the Team Shelby site under the Pacific Coast region. There are a lot of guys there that belong to NorCal Shelby and track their cars. Not many guys tracking their cars at TMS. We're up to 12 now and I know there are a couple of guys waiting in the wings.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/96-pacific-coast/

ufnavy06

NFSBOSS said:
If anyone would like a garage at LS please post or send me a PM immediately. It's $100 per garage or $50 per car. Each garage holds two cars and we'll get the garages next to each other. So far we have:

Garage

1. Paul/Bret
2. Andy/Rick

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/Cool_Track_in_the_Summertime!_Mazda_Raceway_Sunday!

Attendee List:

Fat Boss - Andy
Moto - Ron
Yo Pauly - Paul
ufnavy06 - Sean
mustang_girl - Nicole
neema - neema
Z06 - Bret
Rondog - Ron
Rondog's brother - Bobby
Surfergeek - Jared
Calii_KR - Tom and Taylor
NFSBOSS - Rick

Garage? I don't need no stinkin' garage!

The do the screw event is just about sold out...room for advanced drivers, but there may be few openings.....if you want to register late, contact [email protected] and he will try and make space for a few more...if you are an advanced driver, register today. If any of you want to just drop by and see what his is all about, please do. We will get you on track as a passenger in one of the coaches car and you will do the screw in the right seat. The day will be a blast for everyone.....

TMO Supporting Vendors