The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How many miles on your boss? and how hard do you drive it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

17,000 miles since June '11. I drive it like a rented mule, AFTER I warm up the engine, gear box, diff. I've tracked it a couple times at Laguna Seca and also at Spring Mtn. at the Shelby American 50th Bash in Vegas. Seems like I'm either going to a cruise, show, or picnic every weekend now.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
7007 when I left it with my in-laws for my deployment. No track time yet. But that will change soon. I drive it moderately, nothing too harsh but I enjoy it.

I bought mine used in Feb. with 2800 miles. I have put about 1400 on it. I drive it on week-ends when the weather is nice. Stock except for the GT 500 axlebacks i am putting on friday. Get on it some but have to be careful because i sleep with my Insurance agent (my wife).

Bought mine July 13th 2012 it has 4654 on it and loved every mile so far! no track but have had it to 137mph no vibes and very smooth actualy felt like 110mph till i looked at speedo and got off it.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
590 miles in 4 days of ownership :D.

Drove it home from the dealer in Los Angeles...been easy on her so far. Going to probably see around 5000 miles/year and will mostly be autox and track days.

Purchased my C/O BOSS on 3/1/2012 and just rolled over 6k miles.
Big Family and Big job = no trak time yet but jumping outta my skin to.
Weekend and nice night quick drives and once in a while, a Sat night car show - lots of spirited pulls and twisty roads - only problem i ever had was from the dealer screwing up my rim, the oil change and when purchased they had to adjust the exhaust from removing the restrictor plates :mad: I don't beat on it but i dont treat it like a vagina either ;)

Rob

Bought my RR/White last November. 2500 miles of weekend cruising, and the occasional weekday evening blast(helps me blow off some steam from the workday). Taking it in next week for its first service(oil change with a nice dose of gear whine on the side). LOVE this car. Seriously, how could you consider yourself a car guy(or girl), and not?

jec246

11,500 Since September 2011

Daily Driver / Fun time driver :p. Never Tracked.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
2012 PW Boss Took Delivery 5/12/12 .. 628 Miles... Weekend Warrior - Weekly Sunday morning car shows, still have not left a burnout due to break in.. Car is a beast!

MA
4.700 miles so far. Purchased 12-23-11.

It is a weekend car. So far I've had it to a few cruise nights, date nights with my wife, ice cream trips with my daughter (we do NOT eat in the car).

I've had the chance to do 2 HPDE's at Lime Rock with the car, and have been to the drag strip 2 times as well. Will be driving it 3 hrs to Lebanon Valley this Sunday for Musclepalooza, and I intend on dragging it and driving home 3 hrs that night.

This car is an utter blast. I'm used to cars that have so much power, 3rd and 4th gears are your only acceleration gears because of crazy wheel spin. I have to say, for a moderately powered car, these Bosses are a blast to drive. I actually prefer it to 700 rwhp cars. So tight and balanced and they make great sounds!

98RedGT

2012 #552
1200 miles in 11 months. get on it every time there is a chance but no track time. mainly weekends drives and to work every now and then.

TMO Supporting Vendors