The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

Which Color Wheel Would You Prefer

• Gloss Black

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We will have official weights posted shortly when they come in that the first thing im going to do.

Also if anyone desires tires, sensors etc ill be calling everyone to take care of the paperwork, some members have opted to have us do the full package with out complimentary mounting and balancing services as well.

So who's ready for their new shoes ?

Wheels are in and we have already gotten 10 sets going to their new homes same day turn around.

More going out tomorrow.

Feel free to call me directly to complete all paperwork if I have not reached you just yet.

I will be calling people as well.

Paul do you have the weights for all of the 19"?

Good evening everyone, I want to thank everyone for their patience. It has been a very busy 24 hours for us getting things ready.

Here is the weights for everyone.

Weights

19" S550 Standard setup

19x10 ET 35: 26.15 lbs

19x11 ET 50: 24.4 lbs

R Spec Sizes

19x11 ET 24: 27.35 lbs

19x11.5 ET 56: 24.7 lbs

Should anyone have any concerns please feel free to contact me.

Agree, not a bad weight savings. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in the final numbers. In reading back through this thread there were some pretty precise estimations specified here that were based on the sample that came in a few months back. The fronts ended up 2lbs heavier than estimations to the tenth lb. To miss it by that much is disappointing, and although lighter than stock, 27lbs is pretty hefty. So be it, it is what it is and I'll certainly have fun at the track. No disrespect to anyone, just offering up my opinion on a spec of this wheel important to many of us.

Austin
VoodooBOSS said:
Very nice. Which lug nuts are you going to use with the wheels?

I haven't decided yet. Is there a consensus yet on the best option? I'm probably going to get some ARP studs at the same time.

Awesome !

Thanks for posting pictures and enjoy them, if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me directly.

Most members are getting standard 14x1.5 hex acorn seat lugs.

Austin
VoodooBOSS said:
When you say standard I think full size. So you don't need smaller diameter "tuner" lug nuts to fit these wheels?

I found the bag of lug nuts in one of the boxes after I posted. They are the tuner style thin ones. The lug holes are too small to fit the OEM nuts which is probably the only thing I'm disappointed with. Has anyone found open ended lug nuts that will fit these?

Re: Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

I have found several options of the smaller diameter lug nuts. What I don't know is how far the front wheel lugs stick out from the seating surface(front R-spec), which is set back into the hole. Therefore i am looking at some long closed acorns and some open-both in black. I have the R studs. What studs do you have chop and why do you have to have open lug nuts? I get my wheels mid week so will know then.

Austin

Moto said:
I have found several options of the smaller diameter lug nuts. What I don't know is how far the front wheel lugs stick out from the seating surface(front R-spec), which is set back into the hole. Therefore i am looking at some long closed acorns and some open-both in black. I have the R studs. What studs do you have chop and why do you have to have open lug nuts? I get my wheels mid week so will know then.

Right now I just have the OEM non-R studs. I was planning on getting a set of the Cortex Racing ARP studs which are longer than OEM, so I prefer open ended nuts for that. I think the Cortex studs actually come with a set but I thought I remembered there being some uncertainty as to whether or not they'd work with these wheels. I could be wrong though. Honestly, I'll probably wait until one of you guys sorts it all out. :)

ChopSui said:
Right now I just have the OEM non-R studs. I was planning on getting a set of the Cortex Racing ARP studs which are longer than OEM, so I prefer open ended nuts for that. I think the Cortex studs actually come with a set but I thought I remembered there being some uncertainty as to whether or not they'd work with these wheels. I could be wrong though. Honestly, I'll probably wait until one of you guys sorts it all out. :)

Have you test fit the fronts yet? If so how far do the OEM non-R studs extend from the seats?

ChopSui said:
Chop, can you please measure the lug nut hole on your wheels?

TMO Supporting Vendors