The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Juggernaut Mustang only even at Thompson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thought I would put this up here as it still has slots left:
http://www.bowensgarageinc.com/juggernautregistration.html

I will be going and I know a few others who will be there. It will be a lot of fun!

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Re: Juggernait Mustang only even at Thompson

Still considering it - probably will be a last minute decision. Headed to Thompson next week and I want to see how the tires and brakes do, as last year TSMP beat up my car pretty well. Brakes faded within 10 mins of each session and the tires complained a bit. Sorted out a bunch of bugs over the winter though, so if next week goes well there I will hopefully attend on the 27th

I know a couple guys going as well

DMichaels said:
Still considering it - probably will be a last minute decision. Headed to Thompson next week and I want to see how the tires and brakes do, as last year TSMP beat up my car pretty well. Brakes faded within 10 mins of each session and the tires complained a bit. Sorted out a bunch of bugs over the winter though, so if next week goes well there I will hopefully attend on the 27th

I know a couple guys going as well

Registration is only $200 still. It's a good deal. You wouldn't happen to know Jonathan with the Blue '12 Boss in CT, would you?

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Cobrarob said:
Just signed up, will be my first time at Thompson, looks like a fun track!
Heard about it thru Dan(Apex32) see you guys there

Rob - the track is fun. It's just a tire and brake eater. You'll have fun tho. Should be lots of track time. Just watch brake pedal feel for fade. Still not sure if I'll make it for this one.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

DMichaels said:
Rob - the track is fun. It's just a tire and brake eater. You'll have fun tho. Should be lots of track time. Just watch brake pedal feel for fade. Still not sure if I'll make it for this one.

Thanks Derek,gonna watch your Youtube vids to get the lines! I'll be using the
Nittos so I should have some good grip. Hope to see you there

Looks like mostly mustangs now, but nothing slow. I can't wait, managed to score some Michelin porsche cup n2 slicks. Lots of OPR on them, though.

The advanced has a trans-am series s197 and a 911 cup car. Should be interesting LOL

Cobrarob said:
Just got the email from Jon... I'm in the green group

Awesome, I'm green 46. Green 302 is a friend with Kooks headers and side pipes. It would be interesting to see if anyone there is louder! My goal is to not let him lap me, but we will see.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Might just drop by for a couple hours. Not going to drive, saving my tires for Watkins the next week and Palmer a couple times later in July.

DMichaels said:
Might just drop by for a couple hours. Not going to drive, saving my tires for Watkins the next week and Palmer a couple times later in July.

If you do that bring a good camera, it would be awesome to have pics on track.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Very nice Wintersucks, I'm Green 48... I'll have my gopro so when you guys pass me I'll have good vids of you! Just mounted my fire extinguisher today, post it in other thread.
See you ther Derek

FYI: The wording says a fire extinguisher must be present, but I was told in an email from the organizer that it was recommended and not required. I will have one to keep in the pits.

So as you might have read, the update on fire extinguishers is we ARE required to have one in the car, but he answered my question about mounting by saying that you could jam it in between the seat and door. ???

So If you don't have one already, if that is a good enough solution then I am thinking of using velcro straps on the seat adjustment handle. Unless anyone here has a better quick fix? It's a bit late to order one from Steve I think.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

WinterSucks said:
So as you might have read, the update on fire extinguishers is we ARE required to have one in the car, but he answered my question about mounting by saying that you could jam it in between the seat and door. ???

So If you don't have one already, if that is a good enough solution then I am thinking of using velcro straps on the seat adjustment handle. Unless anyone here has a better quick fix? It's a bit late to order one from Steve I think.

Hey Wintersucks,I bought a sub belt mount from Rick,I'll bring it and we'll rig it up to work with your FE
Rob

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

So I sort of got invited / invited myself to the BMW event at Palmer for three days this weekend. Going to that one to instruct fri-sun

Have fun to you guys attending. Hope the weather is nice!!

DMichaels said:
So I sort of got invited / invited myself to the BMW event at Palmer for three days this weekend. Going to that one to instruct fri-sun

Have fun to you guys attending. Hope the weather is nice!!

Have fun! Are you going to bring the Boss to show them some real speed?

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Mine is just a GT . But yes it's coming out to play with the bimmers!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors