The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Juggernaut Mustang only even at Thompson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Juggernait Mustang only even at Thompson

I am going to this! Look for the PW Boss with a red hood with the bozo behind the wheel

This is awesome! More of us going than I had anticipated. We should get some pictures together to put in the track day thread. I had to overnight ship a deep offset 21mm wrench...hopefully it will get here in time to finish my CC plates...

It would be great if they did this event again next year. The track was tight, abrupt, and scary. At least for me.

Dave, Rob, and Dan, it was great to meet you guys and get to chat. What were your times for the time trial? I missed it, but my last runs I got on video are consistently 1:24-25.

WinterSucks said:
It would be great if they did this event again next year. The track was tight, abrupt, and scary. At least for me.

Dave, Rob, and Dan, it was great to meet you guys and get to chat. What were your times for the time trial? I missed it, but my last runs I got on video are consistently 1:24-25.

I talked to them, and they plan to do it again next year, and try to put on more events regularly. Overall for no formal instruction in group 1, and all mustang people, it went extremely smooth.

Anthony (grabber blue) and I ran mid-high 1:20s.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

WinterSucks said:

Very good day yesterday at Thompson, tight technical track for our cars!
Was very nice meeting Sean,Dan,Dave and Anthony, very cool guys, and
beautiful cars! Took some pics I'll post em up later. Sean sorry I only have that vid of car
flyin by that I showed you,don't have any pics. Didn't do the timed either but was runnin 1:26s

Let me know if I got the names mixed up, but I do have video clip of Anthony and Dan chasing each other under the bridge and on the straight. I will try to upload today.

WinterSucks said:
Let me know if I got the names mixed up, but I do have video clip of Anthony and Dan chasing each other under the bridge and on the straight. I will try to upload today.

Awesome! I wish I had a go pro, I need to get one. Next time I go to thompson I plan to run slicks and try to break into the :19's

Here is my video. I use a ContourHD. It came out dark since I had the camera set for more sun...oh well. I was much more confident about the track and tires in this footage, but still experimenting in some turns looking for a good line. Still, I am happy with a 1:24 time given experience and mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPYUIhnl7O4

I didn't get any video, but my first run I had a passenger and he took a hand held video which isnt the greatest.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.pradke/videos/10204371636036955/

As of yesterday the event needed 15 more commits in the next few days or else it will probably get canceled. If anyone was planning on going but has not yet registered you should do so immediately. Also, it was loosely open to other cars last year. Now they are looking for anyone since the attendance is low, so spread the word! If I remember correctly, the price was around $285 for the day. They are allowing passengers to ride along for "experienced" drivers (one previous track day qualifies you to solo). Last year I got around 6 sessions on track. 4 were scheduled, then they had a kind of free time later in the afternoon since a lot of guys started packing up and the track was getting quiet. If the attendance is this low I would not be surprised if you got quite a lot of track time. I went through around 30 gallons of fuel so I definitely got a lot of time.

TMO Supporting Vendors