The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lost and Found Owners Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Lost and Found Boss Owners Kits

tigerbillsbikes said:
I just bought 2013 Boss Laguna Seca #363. I am looking for the owners kit and track key.
Welcome to BMO. Some of the pieces should be available from Ford Racing soon so keep checking back. Be sure to introduce yourself and post photos of your Boss.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3503.0

Just saw on Ebay: Owner kit for sale
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Mustang-Boss-302-Owners-Kit-/181608623226?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item2a48b7ac7a&vxp=mtr
Gotta have it Green 2013 BOSS 302
non Laguna Seca model (of course, with this colour)
VIN ending with 5258734
car #2375

I have been watching the green one on ebay--stuck at 260 with 2 days to go......right about the max I want to spend.

I may be confused on the owner's kit thing. I just read a comment on one of the links here that implied "....Ford sent these to the original owner...". I've been under the impression the owner's kit came with the car when first shipped from Ford. True or untrue?

The reason I ask is that I just got my '13 LS and it didn't have the package. However, the car had never been registered as it was "owned" by a dealer who just carried it in his inventory. It is now registered to me, I had the Certificate of Origin from Ford, so it was/is a legit first time registration. The rub is (perhaps) the dealer I got it from was not a Ford dealer, he got the car from the original destination Ford dealer. So, if the package was "sent by Ford" after the first sale, perhaps it has never been sent out on this car. Is there a number or email I can/should contact to see if this is the case? Yes, I have been trying to get "the package" from the selling dealer, but it's a bit complicated. Nobody at the dealership knows of the package, it wasn't in the car's file with all the other documentation. The optional mats and car cover in sealed bag came with the car, and the brake ducts, trans cooler scoop, and splitter were installed. So the car was complete in that sense. Unfortunately, the aged dealership owner who "owned" the car is mostly retired and apparently not real responsive to the sales manager (supposed) inquiries. If there's still a chance that Ford has the package I'd love to know how to get it. TIA.

The owners kit came several months after you received the car. I would call Ford up and have you Vin# ready and ask if your cars kit was ever sent out. Being new there is a very good chance Ford still has it. Just for the record...the kit did not come when the car was delivered. it came by the UPS person. My kit looked like he threw it from the truck and banked it off the house to land in front of my garage. Call Ford Racing corporate head quaters. others on this site may have a #...

Good Luck and let us know if you located it.

Check this out also
http://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/boss-302-owners-package-500496/

Reach out to Deysha

I used the number a couple months ago and it still works. My kit is AWOL but I ordered the certificate. Are you sure it was the UPS man? :)

You guys rock. Super, before I saw your edit I called that office and while they were helpful their particular part of the database didn't answer the question, however, thanks RR that was the number I was hoping to get. Those folks were able to look it up right away. Unfortunately for me the dealer must have submitted an order for the package for himself and had it shipped to him, so if I want the original I've got to keep pestering.

Failing that, I see that yesterday someone here posted up a link to fordshow where they're offering a partial package similar to the original for $119.95 so that may have to do......sigh.

cobrakidz said:
I have been watching the green one on ebay--stuck at 260 with 2 days to go......right about the max I want to spend.

Looks like it sold for $360 + 25 for shipping. They always wait for the last minute to bid.

Guess I pulled the trigger too soon. I bought the certificate, book and window sticker before the kit came available. Oh well,
I'll probably go ahead and buy the kit from Ford anyway. Won't hurt to have some duplicate stuff and the price is right. Now, if
I can find a 2013 car cover I'll be set.

tigerbillsbikes said:
Guess I pulled the trigger too soon. I bought the certificate, book and window sticker before the kit came available. Oh well,
I'll probably go ahead and buy the kit from Ford anyway. Won't hurt to have some duplicate stuff and the price is right. Now, if

Levittown Ford Super Centre Part Number DR3Z-19A412-A $348, Tasca Ford Parts $342, Autonation Ford White Bear Lake $327, all plus shipping.

RR2334 said:
Levittown Ford Super Centre Part Number DR3Z-19A412-A $348, Tasca Ford Parts $342, Autonation Ford White Bear Lake $327, all plus shipping.
Autonation doesn't have one. I just bought the last one from Levittown ( some douche stole mine and the search for a replacement was frantic). Not sure about Tasca. I would suggest that you call the vendors and make sure they have one on hand before you place your order. These covers are no longer in production. Whatever is on hand at some vendors is all that is left. You should call Covercraft, they are the manufacturer, maybe they would be willing to make one for you.....

tigerbillsbikes said:

There is one for sale on Kijiji.ca in Nova Scotia Canada for $400 and is reported to be new in the box.

I understand. The one that comes with the car is only in a bag. Makes sense. Orginal=bag / store bought=box. Good to know!

superhero said:
I understand. The one that comes with the car is only in a bag. Makes sense. Orginal=bag / store bought=box. Good to know!

Yeah, I was skectcal when I recieved it, as I have my original un-used cover in the black bag and was expecting the same for the replacement. It had the same cover craft paper documents inside the box and tags on the cover.

Just for the heck of it I checked with my Ford Dealer in Canada and there are 6 left in Canadian stock, but cost $587 CAN. Guess now you know why I buy my Ford parts in the US.

TMO Supporting Vendors