The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Man Down" - Lost Bosses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am hoping to get info on this pic. We know the car on the left is 0264. The one on the right looks to be a 302s, unless some has gutted and caged their 302.

gallery_12758_66_68219.jpg

Is this old news? Had a buddy to tell me about a stolen Boss in Florida from Waycross Ford show roomhttp://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-03-13/story/ex-navy-man-kills-himself-after-taking-mustang-waycross-dealership-wild A sad story for a young Navy man

Boss3o2

Wow, they want $42,196 for that wrecked 2012 Boss. A side from the Salvage title, there is at least 10k worth of work to do.

Eric

Boss3o2 said:
Wow, they want $42,196 for that wrecked 2012 Boss. A side from the Salvage title, there is at least 10k worth of work to do.

Eric

By what possible figurin' could they come up with that number. ??? ??? You can probably find a brand new 2012 sitting on a dealer's floor for less than that with the 2013 coming anytime now.

DigiCowboy said:
Boss3o2 said:

Eric

By what possible figurin' could they come up with that number. ??? ??? You can probably find a brand new 2012 sitting on a dealer's floor for less than that with the 2013 coming anytime now.

That's not the asking price - that's the estimated retail price in a pre-damage condition, according to the website.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Boss 302 or not, a salvage titled car , even repaired will bring a sizable sum behind normal retail. Some Banks will not finance, no chance for any warranty coverage or a service contract extension, etc. I would estimate fixed it would be 10K back of average retail.

Good car to turn into a track car if priced right ,but otherwise not a good investment long term, as folks who will want a used Boss , will want one that has a clean pedigree --IMHO.

I have purchased and repaired for myself and customers many wrecked cars over the years. Some should never be repaired and others if done correctly are fine. Something I have noticed in the last few years is that the crumple zones really do absorb more energy and the impacts don't appear to transmit as deep into the car as they used to. Unchanged however is almost all front impacts will push or bend either the main unibody frame support rails, and or fender aprons over or out to one side. Replacement of fender aprons and radiator supports are not difficult. Many times replacing these parts rather than pulling and repairing them makes it easier to line up the new parts and a better finished product.

The pics are limited on this Boss (the one with the right front hit) so there could obviously be more severe damage but from what I can see I wonder why it was processed as a total loss. It looks like a easy fix.

jec246

5 DOT 0 said:
I'm surprised that one was totaled.
Yeah, I was too at first. I'm thinking there is some serious under carriage damage. The way the car is setting in some of those pictures just doesn't seem entirely correct.

TMO Supporting Vendors