The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Man Down" - Lost Bosses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: 2013 boss on copart

It's ok to post links on BMO. I promise I won't turn you in. ;D

Re: 2013 boss on copart

I hate to see our Boss limited edition numbers diminish but attrition will surely eat it's way thru our numbers as the years roll by....good news is it will make the surviving Bosses more valuable...if your lucky enough to still have yours... ;)

RIP '12 RR #733 at about 26,500 miles. You were good to me. I feel like a perpetrator of domestic violence! :(

Ins co declared it a total loss and wants $15k for the carcass. Too rich for my blood. I should be back in the saddle soon! 8)

Fat Boss said:
RIP '12 RR #733 at about 26,500 miles. You were good to me. I feel like a perpetrator of domestic violence! :(

Ins co declared it a total loss and wants $15k for the carcass. Too rich for my blood. I should be back in the saddle soon! 8)

Link to the thread with photos? I honestly didn't think it looked that bad. Bad, but not total loss bad. $15 isn't bad. That's the drivetrain. Everythig else would be gravy. Or...race car. My Miata (hey, don't laugh, that's not nice), went on to become a LeMons racer and when the judges did not welcome it with open arms (to the tune of 500 penalty laps), I sold it and it now lives life as a Spec Miata racer. Now that is a proper life for a car.

Anyway, sorry about the loss.

Jimmy Pribble said:
Or...race car. My Miata (hey, don't laugh, that's not nice), went on to become a LeMons racer and when the judges did not welcome it with open arms (to the tune of 500 penalty laps), I sold it and it now lives life as a Spec Miata racer. Now that is a proper life for a car.

No laughing at all. I know some very very fast Miata's that frighten corvette owners to death. :)

Jimmy Pribble said:
Link to the thread with photos? I honestly didn't think it looked that bad. Bad, but not total loss bad. $15 isn't bad. That's the drivetrain. Everythig else would be gravy. Or...race car. My Miata (hey, don't laugh, that's not nice), went on to become a LeMons racer and when the judges did not welcome it with open arms (to the tune of 500 penalty laps), I sold it and it now lives life as a Spec Miata racer. Now that is a proper life for a car.

Anyway, sorry about the loss.

As far as "totaled" goes, this wasn' that bad. This one can be fixed to where it's perfect I'm pretty sure. It's just expensive. I haven't created a thread per se since the final chapters have yet to be written.

ShelbyBash2013013_zpsaba60493.jpg

Before deciding what to do you should contact Rehagen Racing. They have tons of experience rebuilding these cars and have already rescued two Bosses (see car in background of the picture), returning one to the original owner. I have been in their shop and seen their work first hand.

I have been following the auctions, and 15k for your car would be a bargain.

_834146.jpg

I've already made my decision. If it had been in the 8-10k range I would have bought it, but at 15 the uncertainty of the cost of repair coupled with the salvage title drove me to pass on buying it back. If Rehagen was local I might have had them look at it. The good part of the story, besides the fact that my friend and I walked away unscathed, is my regular insurance covered it with a $500 deductible.

Sad to say this but #72 is down. Hydroplaned and hit a tree off the highway. Hasnt been considered totaled yet but I'm 98 percent it will be she was gotta have it green. How insurance isn't douches over the situation

TMO Supporting Vendors