The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Member Introductions

firefighter120 said:
Sorry to keep rambling, I just love this car and can't wait to hit the track!
Well you've come to the right place. And you have skills with the video. I've watched hundreds of Boss 302 videos and that's one of if not the best. Seriously great job. BTW you have excellent taste in music as well. Welcome!

Hello everyone I am Frank, but all my friends call me Pancho. I am currently 44 years old and reside in Brownsville, Tx. with my wife of seven years. I work as a fuel terminal mgr for an oil company right on the water in Pt. Isabel, next to South Padre Island. Yeah, I know- tough gig right. Anyway I just bought my 2013 race red BOSS 302 on April 16 of 2013. It just turned over 1000 mi. on the clock and it has been nothing but awesome to drive, I totally love this car. All my previous cars have been mustangs. I started with an '84 SVO, then a 2004 GT, to a 2006 GT, to a 2011 GT. Could not resist that 5.0 badge and the Brembo brake package. I swore up and down that I would never sell that car , but the BOSS had me hypnotized and I had to have her, especially after the test drive. My wife even told me to go for it because she knew I never be happy. So I jumped on it and never looked back and I have no regrets what's so ever. The BOSS is whole different animal, but you all know that. Anyway, just wanted to say "what's up" and give credit to this awesome online site. You guys are really cool and don't judge even when a newbie like me asks "duh" questions. I'll be posting pix soon as soon as I take them and I figure how to upload them. Until then, you all be cool and hope to see you on some track some day. Adios!

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

firefighter120 said:
I also did a small video on the BOSS, so if you folks have the time, do take a look and tell me what you think!

MD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nWx9Tu3dGJ4[/youtube]

Well Done!!!

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town

Hey everyone, I'm Aaron, US Navy, have been a Ford guy all my life. Dad worked a factory job for as long as I can remember at a Ford engine plant, finally retired from the DYNO room and is selling cars at a Ford Dealership in Ohio. There was always a Mustang in the garage, from Foxbody's to V6's and GT's. My Uncle Dan had a 1970 Yellow Boss 302 and currently my Uncle Randy has a Shelby, so the Mustang love spills out into the rest of the family. I had a 2000 V6 in White, a 2006 Pony Package in Torch Red, a 2013 GT/CS in Race Red, and now a SBY 2013 Boss 302. I'm in absolute awe of how much the vehicle has transformed over the years since I have been able to follow it's progression since my first 'Stang. I couldn't be happier...although me having gone from a V6 to a GT and now to a Boss 302, I wonder what could be lurking around the corner...? ::)

aarcox2013 said:
Hey everyone, I'm Aaron, US Navy, have been a Ford guy all my life. Dad worked a factory job for as long as I can remember at a Ford engine plant, finally retired from the DYNO room and is selling cars at a Ford Dealership in Ohio. There was always a Mustang in the garage, from Foxbody's to V6's and GT's. My Uncle Dan had a 1970 Yellow Boss 302 and currently my Uncle Randy has a Shelby, so the Mustang love spills out into the rest of the family. I had a 2000 V6 in White, a 2006 Pony Package in Torch Red, a 2013 GT/CS in Race Red, and now a SBY 2013 Boss 302. I'm in absolute awe of how much the vehicle has transformed over the years since I have been able to follow it's progression since my first 'Stang. I couldn't be happier...although me having gone from a V6 to a GT and now to a Boss 302, I wonder what could be lurking around the corner...? ::)
Welcome to BMO. Have fun with your Boss!

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town

NFSBOSS said:
Welcome to BMO. Have fun with your Boss!

Thanks! Had the Track Key installed moments ago (and the re-stricter plates removed for free). I had them do the octane adjustment just to avoid the possible pitfalls others have been having with detonation issues. I couldn't be happier - the lopey idle is aggressive and the car is just a whole other animal. I might just misplace that silver key somewhere... ;)

After considering 2 other vehicles I traded in my 04 E55 AMG on a new white Boss yesterday. Only options are Recaros and the car cover. This is my 16th Mustang and probably my 25th Ford as I don't keep cars too long and I only sell them if I am not taking a loss. My first impressions are WOW! and I have owned some very fast (Vortech SC 2000 GT) and some fast / luxurious cars (04 E55). I like 1/2 mile drag racing as I went to my first one in April and the next one is in Septemeber - wannagofast.com I have always wanted to do some open track events but never really had a great car for it. Now I will try to get her on the road course as well. I opened up the baffles to 3/4" and that's it for now as I really spent more than I ever have on a car before but the next mod will be a shifter.

027_zps3ffef19b.png

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Hello to everyone ! My name is Bill, I live in Magnolia, TX. I am 62 y/o and retired back in 2010. This is my first Mustang but we do have a 2013 Edge and a 2002 F150 in the driveway so I guess we r Ford fans. My last three company cars before I retired were all Fords. In my younger days I was into imports, had a Triumph TR6, an Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV and a Datsun 510, heavily modified by Bob Sharp racing in Connecticut. The Boss is a year old now with about 7300 miles, totally stock, bought it with all the options. I guess I got lucky reading some posts on here, I got it for $2k under sticker, free sat radio, free window tint, free weather tech mats and the dealer split the cost of TK because I had to take it in two times to get it done. Plus he gives me a free fill up about every other month. Love the car, everywhere you go people stop n look at it. Did Boss Track Attack late May and had a blast !

My name is Jeff and I live in Knoxville Tn. I am 55 yrs old. Married 31 years and have 2 grown children. I am a maintenance supervisor for the USPS. This is my second Mustang that I have owned. I purchased a 2011 Kona Blue GT before I knew about the Boss. I really liked the GT but when I saw the Boss for the first time I knew I had to have one. Due to the cost of a new Boss and what they were offering for my 38K new mustang I could not bring myself to trade for a new one. So I sold my 2011 and waited for the right Boss at the right price to buy one. Well I found and brought a 2012 PW Boss # 2003 in June from the orginal owner in Peidmont South Caroulina. It has 5400 mils on her. Never been in the rain nor sit outside overnight. He special ordered it from Fairway Ford Greenville S.C. in August 2011 and took delivery of it in October 2011. Love the car and hope to pass it down to my Son when I'm too old to enjoy it.

IrishVol said:
My name is Jeff and I live in Knoxville Tn. I am 55 yrs old. Married 31 years and have 2 grown children. I am a maintenance supervisor for the USPS. This is my second Mustang that I have owned. I purchased a 2011 Kona Blue GT before I knew about the Boss. I really liked the GT but when I saw the Boss for the first time I knew I had to have one. Due to the cost of a new Boss and what they were offering for my 38K new mustang I could not bring myself to trade for a new one. So I sold my 2011 and waited for the right Boss at the right price to buy one. Well I found and brought a 2012 PW Boss # 2003 in June from the orginal owner in Peidmont South Caroulina. It has 5400 mils on her. Never been in the rain nor sit outside overnight. He special ordered it from Fairway Ford Greenville S.C. in August 2011 and took delivery of it in October 2011. Love the car and hope to pass it down to my Son when I'm too old to enjoy it.
Welcome to BMO. Be sure to post photos of your Boss.

Hey Folks, my name is Russell. I'm 28 from Decatur Tx and have 2 beautiful daughters and am about to be going through a divorce (booo) and bought a 2013 RR BOSS 302 one week ago today. I love this car. I've been wanting another mustang for several years now but have to have a truck and couldn't ever really do both. Well times have changed. I also have a 2012 F-150 SVT Raptor that I enjoy driving. Just last night I installed the Borla ATAK axlebacks. I had removed the exhaust restriction plates the second day I had it. This car sounds so awesome now. I love to work on my own stuff and once I really get a feel for the mods on this car will probably spend lots of time with it. It's great to be here.

Floor It said:
Hey Folks, my name is Russell. I'm 28 from Decatur Tx and have 2 beautiful daughters and am about to be going through a divorce (booo) and bought a 2013 RR BOSS 302 one week ago today. I love this car. I've been wanting another mustang for several years now but have to have a truck and couldn't ever really do both. Well times have changed. I also have a 2012 F-150 SVT Raptor that I enjoy driving. Just last night I installed the Borla ATAK axlebacks. I had removed the exhaust restriction plates the second day I had it. This car sounds so awesome now. I love to work on my own stuff and once I really get a feel for the mods on this car will probably spend lots of time with it. It's great to be here.
Welcome to BMO. Be sure to post up photos of you Boss and Raptor. Lots of Raptor fans here including me. We have a Raptor sub forum.

Member Introductions

Sorry the pic of the BOSS is just at the dealership in the parking lot. Haven't really had any nice photos taken of it yet.

uma5yzaj.jpg

yra4ubys.jpg
And yes that actually is my truck.

xroads

It's good to be the Boss.

I'm AL from Wisconsin. I owned, drove, autocrossed and thoroughly enjoyed my 70 Grabber Orange Boss in the 80's. I've had many Mustangs since and still have an 06 Windveil Blue GT and a 65 2+2 that I restored in my 2 car garage. I've never quite gotten over the 70, so when the 13 SBY came out, I was in love. I held out until today, picking it up, new, in St. Louis next Thursday. Can't wait!

xroads said:
I'm AL from Wisconsin. I owned, drove, autocrossed and thoroughly enjoyed my 70 Grabber Orange Boss in the 80's. I've had many Mustangs since and still have an 06 Windveil Blue GT and a 65 2+2 that I restored in my 2 car garage. I've never quite gotten over the 70, so when the 13 SBY came out, I was in love. I held out until today, picking it up, new, in St. Louis next Thursday. Can't wait!
Al, welcome to BMO. Be sure and post photos of your car when you get it. Congratulations!

xroads

It's good to be the Boss.

I'm happy to be on the forum. I hope I can contribute a little. My wife and I drove 480 miles to Farmington MO to pick up the "bus". Great drive home!
IMG_4237_zps921183c7.jpg

xroads said:
I'm happy to be on the forum. I hope I can contribute a little. My wife and I drove 480 miles to Farmington MO to pick up the "bus". Great drive home!
Welcome to BMO and congratulations on your new Boss. You can find instructions on how to post photos along with some other tips at the link below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

IMG_4229_zpse6ea6f5f.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors