The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need 18" slick size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I am slowly getting the Boss ready for some track and hillclimb events. I have a set of the AM 18x10 wheels that just went on clearance and was going to get some Hoosiers but saw a post about used slicks. I remember doing business with John Burget back in the early 90's when I last was on the track. Another member got some 305/645/18 slicks that he said were good for several events and cost about $500. That sounds great for my budget but I have never used slicks. I assume the 305 is good for a 10" wheel all square but what about compound choices? The 645 relates to diameter, right? Just want to know what to ask for when I talk to John.

We recently bought some tires from John and he was very helpful with tire choices for specific uses or different conditions. Again he was very helpful, give him a call.

Tulsa, OK
I have purchased several sets of 305/645/18 slicks from John. This is a great tire that fits very well on a 10" wheel (not as wide as a "true" 305).

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
docs302 said:
So I am slowly getting the Boss ready for some track and hillclimb events. I have a set of the AM 18x10 wheels that just went on clearance and was going to get some Hoosiers but saw a post about used slicks. I remember doing business with John Burget back in the early 90's when I last was on the track. Another member got some 305/645/18 slicks that he said were good for several events and cost about $500. That sounds great for my budget but I have never used slicks. I assume the 305 is good for a 10" wheel all square but what about compound choices? The 645 relates to diameter, right? Just want to know what to ask for when I talk to John.

We put a set of the AM 18-10s on DD's car Tuesday. Nice wheels, great price. Gap between the front rotor and wheel was about .045".

Will likely put a 1/8 spacer in to move the moving parts away from the none moving parts.

Logan, how does the 305/345 compare with the 305/645? Is it just not as tall? Less sidewall? I have P springs installed if that makes a difference.

TMO Supporting Vendors