The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NItto NT01

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those of you using NItto NT01s at the track, what are you setting cold tire pressure at and where should I be hot?
Tires are 275 40 18 Square set up.
My previous Toyo street tires I set cold at 29F and 28R and had good results.
Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran mine at 38 hot but the last few times I ran them at 35-36 with better results.

I run the same setup, as well.

I aim for 36-38psi hot on all tires. I start with 30psi cold all around the first session, but I take a long time to adjust and get up to speed. Before the second session, I set the tire(s) that get used most to 27psi cold, and the "less" used tire(s) a couple of psi higher. This approach usually puts me around 37psi hot, after pushing.

I have the same setup on the track. I'd start at 27-28 psi cold and measure/adjust after each session, aiming to hit 34psi. If you start much higher, it may feel a little 'greasy' at the end of the run. Ambient temps do play a role too.

Seems like everyone is aiming for a lower hot psi than what I usually aim for. May have to try this myself. But from what I remember, turn-ins felt sluggish with anything lower than ~36psi hot up front. I assumed it was the 40 series sidewall doing it's thing, so I aimed for 37-38psi hot.

F.D. Sako said:
Seems like everyone is aiming for a lower hot psi than what I usually aim for. May have to try this myself. But from what I remember, turn-ins felt sluggish with anything lower than ~36psi hot up front. I assumed it was the 40 series sidewall doing it's thing, so I aimed for 37-38psi hot.

I measured 39psi on after my first session on NT01s and the ass-end was getting loose. Lowered the PSI for the next run and it felt much better. I'd just play around with it a bit until you find what works.

TMO Supporting Vendors