The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

tlflow said:
May want to make sure that your heads have not been swapped out for coyote heads, shops like that are full of thieves.

I totally 2nd this. CHECK EVERYTHING !

even odd things like suspension, anything you added aftermarket etc...

There used to be a Honda shop that did a lot of swaps out by where I used to live. They would remove an engine from one car to do a swap, then sell the same used engine to someone else, as "new" etc... for the price of new....

I would actually spend a little extra $ and have a dealer look the car over once everything is done just to make sure nothing is cut, broken, damaged, missing etc. (and I am referring to the rest of the car, often times big installs like this can lead to other things missing or broken that seem to be unrelated to the SC system)

Re: Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

WorldFamousZ said:
I totally 2nd this. CHECK EVERYTHING !

even odd things like suspension, anything you added aftermarket etc...

There used to be a Honda shop that did a lot of swaps out by where I used to live. They would remove an engine from one car to do a swap, then sell the same used engine to someone else, as "new" etc... for the price of new....

I would actually spend a little extra $ and have a dealer look the car over once everything is done just to make sure nothing is cut, broken, damaged, missing etc. (and I am referring to the rest of the car, often times big installs like this can lead to other things missing or broken that seem to be unrelated to the SC system)

Looking into small claims court now. Injected called to tell me this morning they are going to have to order new spark plugs as the oem ones are running hot and they need to take it a notch down. Oh and you know I never disappoint you guys without a new surprise. And the new surprise is...................................................Injected can't find the BAP on the car. It's a mystery to where it is. Most installers put it in the trunk so I hear. I'm starting to think MTI never installed it - just another reason torque/hp and boost numbers were not met. It just keeps getting better and better. Called over to MTI an hour ago to find out about the BAP. God only knows if/when they will call me back to discuss. Not getting her back today unfortunately. :( Maybe tomorrow. Injected basically had to take everything apart and back on. Looking at $1300 for labor at the current time. Just FYI - I'm at $4400 in labor between both shops.

Just found out THE BAP WAS NEVER INSTALLED!! WTF!!! They thought it was unnecessary due to the large ID1000 injectors that came with the kit. Noone ever told me this at the shop at any point in time - even when I went to pick up my car. They claim the didn't bill me for it but that doesn't show on the invoice. I can't believe this right now. No wonder my car was running lean and Lund couldn't figure it out. They hid that information from us the entire time. They still have the BAP and are gofering it up the other shop today.

Man last time I read this thread was when the OP was excited like a little boy on Christmas eve. Reading this now, I feel for you man, wow. I have been considering a S/C and the thought of the install is so exciting. Hearing this makes me sick and is another tick in the "leave your car the way it is" column. If I do go through with it I was thinking of driving to JPC for the install (I live in Toronto, Canada), just to make sure its done right from people I can trust. You need to do your best to try and destroy this shop's reputation. Hell, go to the local newspaper! Messing up and making mistakes is tolerable, we're all human and aftermarket work involves trial and error. However, as soon as lies are used to trick and manipulate customers, at that point I have no respect or care for a shop and what happens to them once other people find out. It seems to be the same story with most shops, prices go up, business goes up, but quality always goes down. They make it seem like they are doing me a favor for giving them my business. Man I could rant about this for days, and I have only started this car stuff last year.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

yankeehick said:
Just found out THE BAP WAS NEVER INSTALLED!!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

This is why I am so so so glad I have the skill and tools to do installs like this myself

Latest update: MTI has finally delivered the vortech BAP along with some other parts in a box to Injected Engineering. OTHER PARTS???? HUH??? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I hope this thread is the first thing anyone sees googling MTI Racing. Nice idea about going to the local paper/news channel. One of my clients is the senior editor to Channel 2 news here. Business scandals are good for ratings too. :)

The first thing I learned from my grandfather working on lawnmower engines--YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE EXTRA PARTS LEFT OVER!

I'm almost more interested in how this whole MTI mess turns out than the original blower post. Glad you got your car back and speaking as a mechanic I'm sorry another shop has sullied the reputation of an entire industry. There are more professionals out there than not.

Good luck with the car and the MTI fight...

Hey, I know a guy who knows a guy who's friends with this guy that can address this MTI issuie. You know Just Sayin...... 8)
I hope you end up with one bad ass ride. Please post some vids. when everythig gets straighten out.

boss man said:
Hey, I know a guy who knows a guy who's friends with this guy that can address this MTI issuie. You know Just Sayin...... 8)
I hope you end up with one bad ass ride. Please post some vids. when everythig gets straighten out.

sounds complicated....I'll definitely post those pics though. Thanks man.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

There is not a whole lot of MTI negative online, but this one stands out:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-tech-performance/2579876-my-experience-with-mti-racing-of-atlanta-42-000-later-part-1-of-3-a.html

Justin said:
This is why I am so so so glad I have the skill and tools to do installs like this myself

^^^^^ GREAT! what a relief....now I know who to call when its time for my s/c upgrade ;) ^^^^^

four-walling said:
There is not a whole lot of MTI negative online, but this one stands out:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-tech-performance/2579876-my-experience-with-mti-racing-of-atlanta-42-000-later-part-1-of-3-a.html

Doesn't surprise me at all. I feel horrible for that guy after spending thousands.

Justin

KonaBlue302 said:
^^^^^ GREAT! what a relief....now I know who to call when its time for my s/c upgrade ;) ^^^^^
lol ok good practice for me when I get mine

If you had it to do over, would you attempt the install yourself or do you feel a speed shop is needed?

seca954 said:
If you had it to do over, would you attempt the install yourself or do you feel a speed shop is needed?

To be honest, I don't have any auto mechanical experience. Putting on a supercharger for me would be like taking controls of a plane in mid flight and trying to land it without any direction. At least that's how I feel now...maybe if I had all of the equipment, lifts and tools needed and TIME I could wing it. However I wouldn't do it completely by myself - one of my buddies would be there for sure.

My knowledge and auto terminology has surely increased throughout the process.

Good news is I will be installing an MGW shifter myself in a few months. :)

Justin

seca954 said:
take a look at the instructions and see if its something you can do. if you have the tools listed and can follow instructions then it shouldnt be to difficult and a lift isnt required.
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/download.php?dir=pdf/manuals&file=4FQ020-010v3.0.pdf

yankeehick said:
To be honest, I don't have any auto mechanical experience. Putting on a supercharger for me would be like taking controls of a plane in mid flight and trying to land it without any direction. At least that's how I feel now...maybe if I had all of the equipment, lifts and tools needed and TIME I could wing it. However I wouldn't do it completely by myself - one of my buddies would be there for sure.

My knowledge and auto terminology has surely increased throughout the process.

Good news is I will be installing an MGW shifter myself in a few months. :)

Don't bang any gears with that blower before you install the shifter, lest you want to bounce off the rev limiter when you miss a shift.

Justin said:
take a look at the instructions and see if its something you can do. if you have the tools listed and can follow instructions then it shouldnt be to difficult and a lift isnt required.
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/download.php?dir=pdf/manuals&file=4FQ020-010v3.0.pdf

Thanks for the link. I'll read it tonight. I've installed a procharger on a 94 and a vortech on a 93. I'm intimidated by all the technology and lack of a distributor on this motor. To be honest I bought the Boss intending to install a blower, but it drives so darn good as is, I haven't been able to make myself do it.

TMO Supporting Vendors