The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Re: Pics of your Boss or Mustang at the track!!!

Pic of "Thor" at Pocono. Pics of him at shop below keeping an eye on some GT3's ;D

unnamed.jpg4_zpsuviuvykd.jpg

unnamed.jpg1_zpszmysnu1k.jpg

unnamed_zpsqr1a2urm.jpg

unnamed.jpg2_zpsugdw0w04.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Looking good, dude! I have the Momo cool shirt adapted to work with a Cool Shirt cooler/box, I really like it compared to the Cool Shirt shirt.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX

VooDooBOSS said:
Nice. Who's faster? ;D

Mine is so far. She's catching up though. It's really fun to hear the guys say they can't catch her on the straights though.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile

Little by little that car is getting to where I would like it to be.... the problem is that its way ahead of me!!

11057464_10207934971672104_1411147804074860081_o.jpg

treynor said:
From the SAAC Turkey Blast, Friday 27 November '15.

CH2A0145.jpg

_DSC0603.jpg

No pictures of a loaf of bread on the car to show it is yours? You are slacking sir hahaha

treynor said:
From the SAAC Turkey Blast, Friday 27 November '15.

CH2A0145.jpg

_DSC0603.jpg
Great shots, sorry I missed the event but I sold my Boss 302 and I'm waiting on my GT350. Since you have some other fast cars in your stable how about a quick commentary on the 302S, considering it's price, and how it compares so some of your other cars on track.

The 302S is one sweet track package!
  • The brakes are superb; big brembos with a track-calibrated ABS actuator which had zero fade even coming downhill into T2 on slicks.
  • The engine is... well, same as the regular Boss 302, but in slightly lighter car, and it just pulls and pulls up the 7800RPM redline.
  • Shifter & transmission is fantastic, I never missed a shift and the throws are short and positive.
  • Mechanical grip is high with 305/18 PZERO Slicks on all four corners. The car's factory-spec setup is moderate understeer everwhere, and I'll free it up as I get used to the platform.
  • Finally, driver position, visibility and comfort is excellent - the regular (not XL) seat fits me like a glove, and there was very little fine tuning needed.

Compared to other cars I've driven recently - the 302S is a significant step-function improvement over the Spec Mustang in every dimension, particularly brakes and motor. It has similar cornering grip to the 458 Challenge, but less braking and substantially less power. If I compare lap times - the 302S is 6-7 sec/lap slower than the 458 at Laguna, and that's how it feels: 85% of the performance for 25% of the cost.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13

At Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington last summer. One of the nicer photos of the car since I'm now using Road Wrap when on-track these days. It does a nice job of protecting the paint but doesn't photograph well.....

Track%20time_zpsaepc7wgp.jpg

treynor said:
The 302S is one sweet track package!
  • The brakes are superb; big brembos with a track-calibrated ABS actuator which had zero fade even coming downhill into T2 on slicks.
  • The engine is... well, same as the regular Boss 302, but in slightly lighter car, and it just pulls and pulls up the 7800RPM redline.
  • Shifter & transmission is fantastic, I never missed a shift and the throws are short and positive.
  • Mechanical grip is high with 305/18 PZERO Slicks on all four corners. The car's factory-spec setup is moderate understeer everwhere, and I'll free it up as I get used to the platform.
  • Finally, driver position, visibility and comfort is excellent - the regular (not XL) seat fits me like a glove, and there was very little fine tuning needed.

Compared to other cars I've driven recently - the 302S is a significant step-function improvement over the Spec Mustang in every dimension, particularly brakes and motor. It has similar cornering grip to the 458 Challenge, but less braking and substantially less power. If I compare lap times - the 302S is 6-7 sec/lap slower than the 458 at Laguna, and that's how it feels: 85% of the performance for 25% of the cost.
@treynor was that you with the yellow GT350R at LS this past week with HOD? If so how about an indepth on track review?

@cloud9
@Black Boss
@Moto
@fuhrius

Looking good! 8) Funny thing, I was talking to a guy working out next to me on Sunday at the gym and the topic of road racing came up. He has never done it before, but said was at Daytona on a business trip the same time as you were there, and saw these Mustangs and Corvettes going around the banking and through the infield. Small world.

treynor said:
It was not, I am sad to say. One of these days I will get the 350R down to LS.

another 350R in the bay area 'hood?
my first LS day in mine won't be 'til April 11 with CFRA.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel