The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Price check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Guys, getting divorced so the practical thing to do is keep the 2012 F150. So the 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss must go. Probably going to trade it in on a car for the ex per the settlement we have agreed to. Need to find a value for it so thought I would ask what you think. One advantage of trading is the tax advantage. If at Ford I have a dealer that will go into the hold back on her car so that helps too.

I commute 35 miles to work every third day on the interstate so it has 26,000 highway miles. Ford LS rear spoiler, MGW shifter, upper and lower control arms and adjustable pan hard bar. Rear Boss 302 emblem on the trunk. Just put new tires on the rear so that should be an indication of the lack of abuse this car has had. Car has all options including cover. Track key never programed. No paint work, garage kept. No door dings,dents or damage. Some wear on the driver seat but was going to do warranty replacement when it got closer.
Questions Scott.

So what is a reasonable trade in price.??
Thanks

I traded my 2012 Boss in February for a 2013 Boss. I got $36500 trade on the 2012 and bought 2013 for invoice. My 2012 had trackey, 10k miles. I checked ebay and there are a few 2012's with buyitnow price of approx. $37,900. Dealers usually pay approx. 4k below retail so I'd say the low number $34k, mid number $35k with a high of $36k. Good luck with the trade/purchase.

byronj said:
Return it to stock, sale off the parts then get a trade in price. JMO

For starters sorry to hear about your marital meltdown, good luck with that.
I have to agree with this post when it comes to dealers. I don't think the dealer will give a hoot about the extras until they sell it. Might net you a few extra coins.

Please follow the rules in the link below for posting cars for sale.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3526.0

NFSBOSS said:
Please follow the rules in the link below for posting cars for sale.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3526.0
Sorry about that. But not really listing it, just wanted to know what you all thought was a fair trade in price. I checked manheim and a few other places so it looks like I will see if I can get around 35. Would love to hold out for more but this saves some tax also and will help move this process forward. Hate to see it go but I retire in 2 1/2 years and may consider another Boss or a 500 then. One thing that sucks is my plan was to get with Justin and supercharge it. Would have been a hoot. Plus I really like the color with the black accents. Obviously the fastest color. LOL You guys be safe.
Thanks

BLAZN BOSS

Go to NADA.com or KBB.com...............you canget a real good feel for a price!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel