The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear downforce options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Mad Hatter said:
I usually use a shipping address in Miami and then gather a big shipment of parts with our Hoosier rep here in Chile. That way we keep the price down. Shipping/taxes etc adds about 40% to everything :'(
I lived in Hawaii for a spell, that's when I noticed how many things were "only shipped to the lower 48".
Got me a painful geography lesson right there....and what WAS shipped came on the backs of golden dolphins....or at least that's what shipping rates suggested.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Nice, but why only a year? Sounds like an extended vacation!

Just don't remind me about the PITA of shipping to Hawaii! ;) I used to do the same for any businesses that would only ship lower 48. Send to my brother here in SoCal and have him re-ship back home. And then I hate thinking of all the crap that made it back here round-trip when I moved. :mad:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Sailed to Hawaii from Vancouver with family on small yacht. Stayed for a year and then sailed back to wet cold Vancouver. Dad thought it would be a good experience!! Great way to grow up!

I bought my Boss by internet, then plunked in a container to Ship down to Chile. Crazy idea, but have no regrets.... Ford Chile said you brought it.... You fix it... :eek: ;D

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Down here the word "Customer Service" does not mean the same as in the US. But it might improve, many, many more American cars now then 10 years ago...

Has anyone seen or know anything about the MMD Downforce Aluminum Rear Spoiler (10-14 All)? Sold at American muscle? I'm having problems with traction at 80+ mph and need something to help!!!bfdc3960018d7b88bbb280b719fb6b5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TMO. Do you have a link to the spoiler?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Yeah but I was hoping for some downforce up top. On the 1/8th I'm getting very loose

How much power are you making?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I'm at 765rwhp and 676rwtq, hot more left in it... just still on stock internals.

I was able to achieve 100% traction at 700/676 with no aero and a very modest suspension setup. Are you stick or auto?

I was able to achieve 100% traction at 700/676 with no aero and a very modest suspension setup. Are you stick or auto?

Stick, but I'm not kissing during shifting it's at high rpms normally when I'm approaching 100 backend gets light

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Stick, but I'm not kissing during shifting it's at high rpms normally when I'm approaching 100 backend gets light

I never experienced that. Car was so hooked up it was boring to drive.
Are you sure it's not walk from the wrinkle walls?

I never experienced that. Car was so hooked up it was boring to drive.
Are you sure it's not walk from the wrinkle walls?

Thought that a first, so kept playing with pressure... but it also does it on my street trip tires as well.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Thought that a first, so kept playing with pressure... but it also does it on my street trip tires as well.

Odd problem. Is it blowing up the tires or just a stability issue?

Odd problem. Is it blowing up the tires or just a stability issue?

Depending on track temps, I've had it just unsettle, but if it's too cold I've had it brake loose. Stays straight for the most part just the peddling is killing my times.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Depending on track temps, I've had it just unsettle, but if it's too cold I've had it brake loose. Stays straight for the most part just the peddling is killing my times.

Sometimes excessive anti squat will let it bite initially, but spin farther down the track. I don't know what your setup is but I bet it's in there somewhere.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel