The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

roadhouse racecar build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Budget Boss said:
Just something to think about with the kill switch and that is to have two of them. One on each side of the vehicle. That way if your knock unconscious and your vehicle is laying on the drivers side someone can get to the kill switch on the passenger's side.

That is a good thought and something I hadn't considered... My main concern was that I could reach it and someone outside the car could reach it. Also considered one on the dash and one on the wiper cowl. That's how your car is setup, correct?

roadhouse said:
That is a good thought and something I hadn't considered... My main concern was that I could reach it and someone outside the car could reach it. Also considered one on the dash and one on the wiper cowl. That's how your car is setup, correct?

I have one on the dash and one on the wiper cowl. I want to put another one either on the passenger side or the rear of the car some where.

Tulsa, OK
Master cutoff switch looks like it should work in the driver side AC vent with a little dremel massaging. Planning to use ABS plastic as a backing plate. We'll see what I can come up with :)

D5A9E8DC-4DD2-4102-84C6-555AD6E509BB_zpseap4fuuj.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Watson makes a dash block-off kit you might look into first. It's around $90, IIRC.

http://shop.watsonracing.com/Road-Race-Interior-Closeout-Kit-p/wr-intcloseoutkit.htm

Tulsa, OK
ArizonaBOSS said:
Watson makes a dash block-off kit you might look into first. It's around $90, IIRC.

http://shop.watsonracing.com/Road-Race-Interior-Closeout-Kit-p/wr-intcloseoutkit.htm

Thanks. If I did that then I'd be tempted to buy an AIM to fit in with you and Jamie... ;D

roadhouse said:
Thanks. If I did that then I'd be tempted to buy an AIM to fit in with you and Jamie... ;D

"You can do it", In Rob Schneider's voice from Adam Sandler's Movies, lol. The AIM MXL2 is out and if you can save up for it, it will be well worth it. If not, at least get an AIM Solo. Believe it or not these will help your lap times as you can see the information it collects.

Tulsa, OK
Budget Boss said:
"You can do it", In Rob Schneider's voice from Adam Sandler's Movies, lol. The AIM MXL2 is out and if you can save up for it, it will be well worth it. If not, at least get an AIM Solo. Believe it or not these will help your lap times as you can see the information it collects.

I have considered at least getting the solo, just to see real time laps and for the predictive feature. I definitely believe it will help my lap times...

Tulsa, OK
Not much has happened lately with the car, but I did manage to start it up last weekend :) After 5+ months sitting in the garage with no battery tender, she fired right up. Still on stock battery, too. I think every dash light lit up when I started it lol. I'm not real sure why it says I don't have any fuel because that's not the case but at this point I'm not terribly worried about it because I just plugged in the gauge cluster, prayed, and fired her up. Same with the check engine light and wrench light. Oh, and the horn honk is from my truck in the driveway. Too loud I guess...

https://youtu.be/GzIACYY4g8w

roadhouse said:
I have considered at least getting the solo, just to see real time laps and for the predictive feature. I definitely believe it will help my lap times...

Also, look into the Solo DL. It's a bit more expensive, I think $100 or so. However, you can purchase a separate cable ($40) from an AIM dealer that goes to the OBD II ( the connection under the dash you use to pull codes), this allows you to get the information off the ECU.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Budget Boss said:
Also, look into the Solo DL. It's a bit more expensive, I think $100 or so. However, you can purchase a separate cable ($40) from an AIM dealer that goes to the OBD II ( the connection under the dash you use to pull codes), this allows you to get the information off the ECU.

I went with the RaceCapture/Pro MK2 from Auto Sports Labs. You can get it with real time telemetry (I didn't) that uploads the same data as the AIM to a website for viewing/analysis and it has a bluetooth module that you can pair with any Android device to display data in the car. It connects to the ECU thru the OBDII port and saves all the data to a memory card so you can load the files onto a PC for analysis (still learning this part) with the bluetooth its less than $500 and I already had an Android tablet

Tulsa, OK
Tucson302 said:
I went with the RaceCapture/Pro MK2 from Auto Sports Labs. You can get it with real time telemetry (I didn't) that uploads the same data as the AIM to a website for viewing/analysis and it has a bluetooth module that you can pair with any Android device to display data in the car. It connects to the ECU thru the OBDII port and saves all the data to a memory card so you can load the files onto a PC for analysis (still learning this part) with the bluetooth its less than $500 and I already had an Android tablet

I have checked out there website and it looks like they have a nice product. Nice that you can use it with an Android tablet, and the price is pretty reasonable.

Tulsa, OK
Budget Boss said:
i like your shifter. If you wouldn't mind where did you get it? Thanks

http://shop.productinnovationsonline.com/Shift-knobs-All-Cars_c2.htm?page=all

Here is where I purchased the knob. This is the 4" hardbar.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
roadhouse said:
http://shop.productinnovationsonline.com/Shift-knobs-All-Cars_c2.htm?page=all

Here is where I purchased the knob. This is the 4" hardbar.

@captdistraction

Budget Boss said:
I am not going to Google that, lol. Drew where did you get yours at?

LOL
I have the same one.

TMO Supporting Vendors