The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

roadhouse racecar build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's just how mine looked after going off at Lost Hills Button Willow last month. Mines all back together just waiting on paint and a splitter. I removed the A/C stuff while I was at it.

Tulsa, OK
Tri-bar said:
That's just how mine looked after going off at Lost Hills Button Willow last month. Mines all back together just waiting on paint and a splitter. I removed the A/C stuff while I was at it.

Glad you're almost back together! Definitely a good time to remove all that stuff...

Taking this as an opportunity to rework a few things. I'd really like to make a quick disconnect system for the whole front bumper assembly if possible. This is also a good time to make a few changes to my splitter design and add the spats. I was never really happy with where I welded my front tow hook either so I'm going to swap to the tubular bar w/tow hook.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
ROADHOUSE, YOU BOJO!!! THOSE BRAKES DON'T WORK ON GRASS!!!

BIFF.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Roadhouse,

You weren't going to let a bit of mowing get you down. You got right back out there. Your steadfast determination shows in your great attitude.

Tulsa, OK
Budget Boss said:
@roadhouse

For quick release for the from bumper take a look at this-

http://www.quik-latch.com

Thanks for the link. I've never seen those before...

[quote author=ArizonaBOSS]
ROADHOUSE, YOU BOJO!!! THOSE BRAKES DON'T WORK ON GRASS!!!
[/quote]

hahahaha classic...

I just kept sliding and sliding and sliding :-[

[quote author=TymeSlayer]
Roadhouse,

You weren't going to let a bit of mowing get you down. You got right back out there. Your steadfast determination shows in your great attitude.
[/quote]

Thanks! Hoping for that Toro sponsorship!

drano38

Wayne
Sorry to hear about the cross-country tour.
But back in the saddle with upgrades is a great way to recover.

Tulsa, OK
On the road to recovery...

-Ordered a primered OEM bumper cover on da eBay
-Picked up a a GT/CS lower front fascia for $30 on CL locally... STEAL
-Bought a 302S tubular front bumper beam w/ tow hook from a friend who wrecked his car last year and decided to rebuild back to stock

Now I need to figure out what material I want to build to the splitter out of.... Plywood? Aluminum? ABS again? Decisions

Oh, and my lovely wife gave me a MYLAPS transponder for my birthday earlier this week. I think I'll keep her around :)

Tulsa, OK
Mad302 said:
Excellent build. I know you have it posted somewhere but your Splitter what did you use to make it?

Thank you
Dean

Much appreciated. I made the splitter out of 1/4" ABS. I bought a 4'x8' sheet and made one for me and friend. My next one will be made out of 1/2" birch plywood.

Tulsa, OK
neema said:
Hmm, I wonder if a few of these would be rated for holding a splitter on. Something to help pop it on and off in, say... a minute?

That would certainly be convenient. I may look into using a few of them for attaching my new splitter.

I've given up on my dream on having the whole front end being "quick-disconnect." Don't really have the time/skills to make it happen. So having the splitter come off quickly would be a nice consolation prize.

Tulsa, OK
Refurbished bumper I picked on fleabay. The finish is very nice and I can't even find any blemishes. I think I'll just leave it flat black for the time being since it fits in with the rest of the color scheme. Ricer mod

F266EBC0-B326-4E96-8BBD-69EF7D4E1630_zpsbiikkelx.jpg

Nice bumper! I won't judge.

I'd want to see a quik latch in person just to see if rubbing the splitter over curbs or objects would be enough to disengage them. If the push button is recessed enough, it may be okay

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel