The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

roadhouse racecar build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Tri-bar said:
I made a template for mine using the Ford Racing one off the F500s and my old bumper cover. It's for a 2012 bumper. It came out dead on. When I get the time I'm going to clean up the template and scan it. I can then Email it to any one who needs it.

So the FR500S template was close? I haven't cut mine yet but I have the template printed off. If your template is better I would gladly use it :)

roadhouse said:
So the FR500S template was close? I haven't cut mine yet but I have the template printed off. If your template is better I would gladly use it :)

Not really, I will redraw it out and send it to you, PM me your email address.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I just bought the same bumper beam. I do have the front tow hook kit, but when I looked at the stock bumper bar, the splitter bracket and the tow hook bracket, I thought might as well shave 10lbs off the nose.

I will hit you up about the template, there's absolutely no instructions with any of this stuff.

Has anyone seen directions/templates for the rear hook kit?

Tulsa, OK
captdistraction said:
I just bought the same bumper beam. I do have the front tow hook kit, but when I looked at the stock bumper bar, the splitter bracket and the tow hook bracket, I thought might as well shave 10lbs off the nose.

I will hit you up about the template, there's absolutely no instructions with any of this stuff.

Has anyone seen directions/templates for the rear hook kit?

Good call. I welded the rear hook onto the stock beam so I just eye-balled the cut. Not the greatest but it's functional. If Ford provided a template that would be great....(Bill Lumbergh)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
captdistraction said:
I thought might as well shave 10lbs off the nose.

Please weigh the stock stuff when it comes off the car. I might be interested in doing the same mod.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Man I put the CHE ALUMINUM bumper bar up front thinking it would save a ton of weight and it was only 9lbs vs the stock beam. That HSS is really light and strong.
Steve

What was the stock beam weight?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Drew
The stock beam is 16lbs IIRC, aluminum one is 7. I had thought there was at least a 20lb difference but there wasn't.

Excellent, thanks for the info. That's 8-9lbs off the far front of the car. That would be a nice improvement. Maybe I'll get one!

Tulsa, OK
Big thanks to Tri-bar for sending me his template to cut the bumper cover for the 302S tow hook ;D Turned out great.

6E5A70E1-8D83-4BE9-937B-66B8BEA9CB80_zpsqkdpsq4z.jpg

Also installed my transponder mount behind the bumper cover. Since mine is rechargeable, this will allow easy access and still shield it from any on-track bumps/love taps.

ABF4135E-7D48-4068-98D6-3E897513DB8B_zpsoe4xahjl.jpg

Slow progress but progress nonetheless...

TMO Supporting Vendors