The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Right Side Net

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For safety, on an 08 Mustang GT track prepped car, I am in the process of adding a right side net. Going through the dash vent to the right of the gauge cluster, I would like to anchor it to the upper left-to-right cross bar, but am running into the duct work. With two races coming up real soon, I'd like to get this done without too much drama.
For those of you that have done this, how did you accomplish this and what are your suggestions. Info greatly appreciated.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
From the FR500S:
6963968068_9ae5879419.jpg

I'd poke through the ductwork with a strap, assuming you're not deleting the ductwork. If you have one that loops through itself (and around the front bar) I think a wide slit would work and not loose too much air.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Do you still have the AC and ducting in-place?

You should pull all that stuff, if it's an option.

I used this net and looped it around the main cross-beam behind the dash. http://www.ogracing.com/simpson-safety-solutions-c5r-poly-driver-net

gxQYEOO.png

Please clarify what you're asking--I'm not quite certain here.

No A/C, but ducting in place. I'd like to just keep it for now.

Grant- That sounds like something I have been thinking about.
Will look to see if that is an option. If the strap is only going thriugh the ductwork and it is a straight shot to the cross bar, it should work.

AZ Boss- are you happy with the placement/location of that ratchet buckle? Do you use it frequently to tighten?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
DocB said:
AZ Boss- are you happy with the placement/location of that ratchet buckle? Do you use it frequently to tighten?

I am happy with the placement, as for tightening, it's basically "set it and forget it" with the seat moved all the way back.
It will have a little slack with the seat moved forward.
If you tighten it with the seat moved forward, it will impede your ability to move the seat back.

If you don't have a slider on your seat, no worries.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel