The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
LOL Now if I could just stop calling to get hourly updates of it's movement.....
cloud9, heads up, my Boss is heading your way and just left Lowden IA. ::)

Want your Boss much?

TheBlues9108 said:
Do you know what the average production time is? Thanks!

I am no expert but from what I hear basic "bodies in white" are prepared then they are in body shop, trim line and out the door. Mine was in this process (body, trim, door) for three days.

Where is Sparky, you guys ban him here also, lol

Has anyone heard rumors that FMC may discontinue the Boss once all 2012 orders have been completed? The rumor is law enforcement departments driving Chevy vehicles have filled complaints to FMC. The Chevys are unable keep up with the Boss during high speed pursuits.

TheBlues9108 said:
The Chevys are unable keep up with the Boss during high speed pursuits.

The Chargers are big with law enforcement here in S. Florida. The town I live in (Davie, FL) has a few black Chargers, no light bars and faint grey decals on the side, so you only can recognze them as LE after they pull you over :-\
Still have not figured out how to outrun the poppa units (helicopters). ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
LOL Now if I could just stop calling to get hourly updates of it's movement.....
My Boss has left the station in Ogallala Nebraska and should be in Colorado by now. Looks like it's taking the Pony Express route to Sacramento. Actually it's headed for a stop in the City of Industry in SoCal on 7/10 before heading North. I'm hoping for an early arrival.

5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
My Boss has left the station in Ogallala Nebraska and should be in Colorado by now. Looks like it's taking the Pony Express route to Sacramento. Actually it's headed for a stop in the City of Industry in SoCal on 7/10 before heading North. I'm hoping for an early arrival.
I wish I could push it along for you...but its coming...that route makes no sense to me, but at least it is moving.

jimprw said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
I wish I could push it along for you...but its coming...that route makes no sense to me, but at least it is moving.

Does anyone know how long it takes to travel through the body shop? MY CO/B has been there since 30 June and the ETA has slipped by a week.

Hey Guys...........been a long day, but guess what's sitting in my garage? Just washed and detailed her. I'll post a full write up and pics tomorrow. I will say coming from a BMW to the Boss...........I'm speechless. I'll save all the details for my write up, but Ford has hit a home run with this car. I felt like a rock star driving it!!!! ;D

TheBlues9108 said:
jimprw said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to travel through the body shop? MY CO/B has been there since 30 June and the ETA has slipped by a week.

It usually takes about 3 days. Mine was sent to the plant on the 29th and is doing the same thing. I was hoping it was just a glitch due to the 4rth of july.

boss2012 said:
TheBlues9108 said:
jimprw said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:

It usually takes about 3 days. Mine was sent to the plant on the 29th and is doing the same thing. I was hoping it was just a glitch due to the 4rth of july.

Mine was sent to the plant on 27 June and to the body shop on 30 June. It sounds as if our cars are being built togheter. Mine CO/B will be a Southern Gal ;D ;D - Atlanta and yours?

TheBlues9108 said:
boss2012 said:
TheBlues9108 said:
jimprw said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Mine was sent to the plant on 27 June and to the body shop on 30 June. It sounds as if our cars are being built togheter. Mine CO/B will be a Southern Gal ;D ;D - Atlanta and yours?

5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Boss #10xx is passing through Utah with a 7/10 ETA in SoCal. I made arrangements to pick up my car on July 15th. The dealer thinks it will be at their showroom in Sacramento sooner but I'm traveling next week. :'(

5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Boss #10xx is passing through Utah with a 7/10 ETA in SoCal. I made arrangements to pick up my car on July 15th. The dealer thinks it will be at their showroom in Sacramento sooner but I'm traveling next week. :'(
Outstanding! I picked mine up on a Friday too and had three days to soak it all up.

AZBoss302 said:
Hey Guys...........been a long day, but guess what's sitting in my garage? Just washed and detailed her. I'll post a full write up and pics tomorrow. I will say coming from a BMW to the Boss...........I'm speechless. I'll save all the details for my write up, but Ford has hit a home run with this car. I felt like a rock star driving it!!!! ;D
Congratulations! Are you around Phoenix? I'm in Scottsdale on business next week - if I see one on the road it will probably be you!

Congratulations AZ Boss. glad you switched to to the BOSS, I also know the rock star feeling, it makes you smile. I can not explain it is words but it's so good to drive or just sit back and look at it. Tonight it will get the detail cleaning and if I get R done it will be off to a car show in Irvine at 7am tomarrow. again congrats.

AZBoss302 said:
Congrats man! It is an awesome machine.

BLAZN BOSS

Gongrats! I ordered mine memorial day weekend...........told maybe 1st part of september........as with everybody else its on "material Hold"...........I read somewhere else that thats normal?..........material is there and not going anywhere.......cant wait till september........I have a 2008 california special.for sale but no bites yet..........more than likely a trade in wil occur. Mine also is Blaze Yellow. no options..........god sept is so far away!!!! LOL

Did the dealer tell you what quarter their allocation was? That will help you get a more accurate time line of when it will be built!

TMO Supporting Vendors