The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those of you with Q2 builds please check in with your build and delivery dates.

;D As my post said, I got a build date of 5/9 and an ETA of 5/29. I still can't find out if it was a Qtr 2 build but I have to assume it is. I placed the order on 1/29. :D

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
You and your 2nd quarter builds! I'm jealous since I have a 3rd quarter! But this is probably the hardest part!

ufnavy06 said:
You and your 2nd quarter builds! I'm jealous since I have a 3rd quarter! But this is probably the hardest part!

You and I both navy........at least we can compete and see who gets their 3rd quarter car first! LOL

I was told That I will be getting a vin# this month .Yee Ha!
Who knows how long it will be till I actually get the beast!
I am so tired of waiting …..But I know there is no option.
The good news is my Gtr is coming in a week from tuesday!!!

I just talked to my dealer today and he has no information. He keeps telling me that the order is in, dont worry it will come. I ordered it at the end of Jan after getting one pulled by other dealer. My 1st order was in Dec for 3 over, gave him a deposit of 5. At the end of Jan he called and said that he could not order the LS and I need to pick up my deposit. the car is now in the dealership at 30 over. All of this makes me wonder if I will end up with the LS.

Boss Ls said:
I just talked to my dealer today and he has no information. He keeps telling me that the order is in, dont worry it will come. I ordered it at the end of Jan after getting one pulled by other dealer. My 1st order was in Dec for 3 over, gave him a deposit of 5. At the end of Jan he called and said that he could not order the LS and I need to pick up my deposit. the car is now in the dealership at 30 over. All of this makes me wonder if I will end up with the LS.
Welcome to BMO. Sorry to hear of your order issues but hopefully it will get worked out. I had issues with my initial order after they added a $5K ADM and had to order from another dealer. Good luck!

Boss Ls said:

So the dealer with 5K of your money blew you off, took delivery of the LS just so he could sell it to someone else for a bigger ADM??? Really??? Who is that dealer...the world should be advised. Man, harsh.

And the thing that p's me off is the dealers who pull this crap go to bed at night & sleep like babies, dreaming about all the profit they made by giving the screws to their customers. You would think Ford would have some kind of penalty system in place to prevent those unscupulous dealers from pulling these shenanigans.

Unless the dealers misrepresent or defraud Ford, I think Corporate stays out of dealer business. I expect they, and we, figure if there is a dealer with bad business practices, the marketplace will take care of them. Still, I'd sure like to know who the dealer is that screwed our compatriot here so we, at least, can spread the word.

Just got my VIN for June 6th build week!

There's still a glimmer of hope it will be here in time so I can drive it to the Grand AM race at Laguna Seca on July 9th but I'm not holding my breath. From Deysha:

I just checked on your order and it has received a scheduled to build the week of Jun-06-2011 but no ETA yet. It also received a VIN: 230349. Have a great day!

Deysha

That is some serious news...good for you...now you'll get to experience a strange phenomenon: Time will actually begin to slow down...must somehow be tied into the universal clock which must also be tied into Ford's production schedule...days will seem like weeks and a month will go by slower than August did when you were in 4th grade. Or not! Here's hoping the time sails by for you! ;)

jimprw said:
That is some serious news...good for you...now you'll get to experience a strange phenomenon: Time will actually begin to slow down...must somehow be tied into the universal clock which must also be tied into Ford's production schedule...days will seem like weeks and a month will go by slower than August did when you were in 4th grade. Or not! Here's hoping the time sails by for you! ;)
I've been pretty patient so far, I started looking at the 5 DOT 0 Mustangs last July and made the decision to buy a Boss on November 12th and placed a deposit on November 19th. I've waited this long so another 6-8 weeks won't kill me. The news today is like finding out your wife is pregnant. Then you wait some more and a Boss arrives. ;D

The worst part is you get an actual build date, and the ETA they give you is like 8 days after the build date. Now that would be simply awesome if my car shows up 8 days after the build date. But I am in no way holding my breath for that to happen. I think the end of June is probably much more what I will be looking at. Here's for hoping!

TMO Supporting Vendors