The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Window sticker is almost like an icon - the first thing about the car you can actually hold in your hand. Mine is dog-eared with coffee stains on it. Congratulations! be sure to post pics!

I just received a deliver date of June 18th which seems optimistic since my car is scheduled for production the week of June 6th but now I'm getting excited. Maybe it will be here in time to drive to LS. ;D

Hey Scott do you have the URL handy so I can check for my window sticker? TIA

5 DOT 0 said:
I just received a deliver date of June 18th which seems optimistic since my car is scheduled for production the week of June 6th but now I'm getting excited. Maybe it will be here in time to drive to LS. ;D

Hey Scott do you have the URL handy so I can check for my window sticker? TIA
Now the waiting begins in earnest! ;D Congrats!

5 DOT 0 said:
I just got the full data dump from Ford and my build DAY is now June 6th. Now I'm really getting excited. Next up is my window sticker, are they posted a week in advance?

Mine was up last Friday, and is supposed to be built the 26th. So it was 6 days for mine.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

That is correct, it may be up this Thursday, if not I would think next Tues. BTW it does not help checking that link every 25 minutes from now till then, not that I did that it is just what I have heard.

I checked about 10 times a day. Don't make the same mistake I did. I checked it right b4 bed. Window sticker was up and I couldn't sleep for hours!

Jza1736 said:
I checked about 10 times a day. Don't make the same mistake I did. I checked it right b4 bed. Window sticker was up and I couldn't sleep for hours!
Another good tip. Have you checked your window sticker to make sure you have Kona and not Sonic blue? It was reported on TMS that today, May 25th, is the last day of Kona and tomorrow they will switch to Sonic Blue. I would prefer Kona but I can't control what's going on so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll report back as soon as I have my window sticker.

Yes my window sticker says Kona. It was built on the 20th. I should be ok. Let me know if your sticker says sonic.

Can anyone describe or show a picture example of Sonic Blue? None of the vehicles on the Ford web site indicate Sonic blue as a color option that I can find.

Woo Hoo !! Got my VIN, Build week and ETA !!!!

Build by Jun-06-2011
ETA of Jun-11-2011 which is subject to change
VIN: 1ZVBP8CU4C5229805

-Scott

STIG302 said:
Nccstud said:
Mine was up last Friday, and is supposed to be built the 26th. So it was 6 days for mine.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

I couldn't get that link to work. Am I missing something?

Yes, you need to add your full VIN at the end, no spaces, dash or dot, just the VIN.

DA712

Owner of 2012 & 13 Boss 302's
I've got some info regarding a 2nd quarter car that has a vin along with a window sticker available online, built 4/25 But It is still at the factory on a hold and they won't say why. Can any one shed any light on this?

DA712 said:
I've got some info regarding a 2nd quarter car that has a vin along with a window sticker available online, built 4/25 But It is still at the factory on a hold and they won't say why. Can any one shed any light on this?
I wish I could. Mine was supposedly built 4/18(yikes a monday build :-\). For several weeks after my window sticker was on line, my ETA was 5/8. On 5/12 is was till in Ford's system as a 5/8. On 5/12 is was in "awaiting shipment" status after being in "in transit" status for over two weeks previously. On 5/16, it finally was updated to ETA 5/27 - tomorrow. The only possible explanation I have is there may have been some quality control issues for cars built late in April and Ford either held up the vehicles for additional QA or actually addressed a QA issue on a couple weeks of builds done at that time. But I've never got a real explanation as to what the hold up was nor have I seen anything in print or in blogs to indicate what may have caused the hold up.

At this point I'm just waiting for the dealer to call when it actually shows up. Hopefully your dealer will be able to update you regularly so you get a better delivery experience than I have. Good luck!

DA712

Owner of 2012 & 13 Boss 302's
Thx Jim,

I'll be interested to hear if it actually ships, The regional rep for Texas would only give the explanation that it was "on hold'
Ford apparently would not elaborate beyond that. Oh yeah and offered a hat! REALLY???

Please post here if you get further details, as will I

Thanks again

Dave

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel