The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Great news! Maybe yours will be special "as in the last KB car built" ;D Maybe you can find someone to buy it and get a free Boss ;)
Maybe I'll start a thread about the Last Kona Blue Boss 302 made to generate more hype which will boost the price. Right.

If they had changed the color on me I would not have lost any sleep over it but I'm glad I got Kona Blue and not Sonic Blue.

New member here ;D

Just got my Vin and I have a build date of June 8th. Anybody know how long it takes to build the cars?

I think your build date is actually the date it's completed. The delay is waiting for it to ship, then the transit time. Generally it looks like cars are arriving 3-4 weeks after the build date as long as they don't get hung up "awaiting shipment" which seems to happen to some.

I got my window sticker today ha ha ha !!!!! do I need to call to find out the build date or is it on the window sticker? how do you track it until it's delivered,it'sby rail. I want to be the dealership when it get's delivered.

OK your build will start with your body in the body/paint shop on the 7th, 8th on the trim line and finished on the 9th. That is the best I know and may not or may not be 100% true. Chris understands the blends better then me, as far as I know the higher the number the later the build in that date/run/batch the car is. You blend has a higher number so most likely it will pass trim later in the day but again Chris may know better.

It may mean something to you but the only real value I have seen was in trying to figure out build numbers of the first few cars, I don't mean that in a bad way since it was just luck I got a first build but at this point it does not mean a whole lot. I suppose if the line gets held up during the day a higher blend could push the car till the following morning or something like that.

Scott, thanks for the info. No worries on the blend number I was just looking for an explanation as I knew it meant something. Hopefully things go smoothly next week and Flat Rock produces a bunch of Boss 302's.

I'm hoping mine is the last Kona Blue Boss 302 built so I can use that to double or triple my selling price when I sell my Boss 20 years from now. ;) ;) ;)

The whole Blend number thing is not really a big deal. It's a close approximation of the build order. If I understand it correctly, the body shells could probably be built in just about any order. They are built, painted, and then stored without a VIN having been assigned. They are then pulled as needed to go to final assembly.

AZBoss302 said:
New member here ;D

Just got my Vin and I have a build date of June 8th. Anybody know how long it takes to build the cars?
My build date was 23 May, it went to paint on the 18th, and trim on the 20th. I believe the build date is when it rolls off the line then awaits shipping.

thank you, My #is also 120110608 and blend # is 3642. still trying find out if I can track the train to socal,ETA still the19th. This weekend i need to change all of fluids in my cobra and give it a good wax job so I can give my time to the BOSS.

5 DOT 0 said:
I'm hoping mine is the last Kona Blue Boss 302 built so I can use that to double or triple my selling price when I sell my Boss 20 years from now. ;) ;) ;)

Or if they run out of Kona Blue halfway thru? Maybe an original two-tone paintjob? That would really bring big $$$ ;D

Boss Ls said:
thank you, My #is also 120110608 and blend # is 3642. still trying find out if I can track the train to socal,ETA still the19th. This weekend i need to change all of fluids in my cobra and give it a good wax job so I can give my time to the BOSS.
My ETA is June 18th but I'm telling everyone July 2nd. ;) In in the Sacramento area.

Chris thanks for the info.

TMO Supporting Vendors