The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
AZBoss302 said:
Thanks. Also, my Blend number is 3601......whatever that means. I'm guessing we will be on the same train.
That means you're after me but before Boss Ls. What car/color/options did you order?

I ordered Competition Orange, Black stripe's, Recaro Spt seats/Helical Diff and the Car Cover/Floor Mats.

;D My window sticker showed up this morning !!! Getting excited now !! Build date was moved out to 6/9 from 6/6.

Anyone know how to unmask the info in the lower left of the sticker ?? I'm halfway decent with adobe, but only have the "reader" version on my home computer, I have the "pro" version at work.

DA712 said:
Ok update on 2nd qtr build; After only being able to get "its on hold" from my dealer I took Jim's advice and called Ford customer service @ 800-392-3673. They were able to tell me that as far as they could tell it was completed and waiting to be shipped, he was shocked that it had been in that status for about a month. He forwarded or escalated it up his ladder and I am waiting for a call either tomorrow or Monday with a more definitive answer.

Also Jimprw lets get what # your new Boss is!

AZBoss302 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
AZBoss302 said:
Thanks. Also, my Blend number is 3601......whatever that means. I'm guessing we will be on the same train.
That means you're after me but before Boss Ls. What car/color/options did you order?

I ordered Competition Orange, Black stripe's, Recaro Spt seats/Helical Diff and the Car Cover/Floor Mats.
That's my exact config as well. I just got word that it should be delivered next weekend!

ryeman0127 said:
That's my exact config as well. I just got word that it should be delivered next weekend!
Congratulations, I hope it arrives early. Be sure to post photos when it arrives.

Sigh... ::) I know, I know I should be happy that mine is built AND shipped, but they just told me on the phone that my ETA is now June 12th, bumped from June 10th at the time of shipment on Wed. Would a dealer get a car on a Sunday? What's everyone's experiences with the ETA after the car's been shipped? Has that # been "padded" to ensure on-time delivery? The thing's going 2335 miles to its destination! That's got to be the furthest you can go without backtracking or leaving the country...

It's really just the short term schedule that's got me "all in a bunch." I was hoping on flying down on Sat the 11th and rolling in the '10 Ford... 1910 Ford on the "Lowland Tour" with about 100 other Model T's and A's on the 12th. That following Sat the 18th I've got about 15 friends bringing their 7.3 liter PowerStrokes over for wrenchin' at the house, and my boss was heckling all of us in the staff meeting for scheduling too much vacation already.. Grrr.

I really don't want to miss out on driving the Model T. People actually jump up and down pointing sometimes when you drive by. ;D Plus it's got such advanced features such as "manual spark advance" and "starterless ignition" and "rocky mountain brakes." The 20 HP four cylinder sports an updraft carb, a magneto, and about a 6 to 1 CR. These allow blistering performance of 0-35 in about 60 seconds. Steering is scary. ;)
LowlandTour2009.jpg

Dad going for a cruise.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCftoaPVvHI[/youtube]

5 DOT 0 said:
I wonder what lap times the Model T would put down at Laguna Seca? :) I hope yours arrives early and I'm keeping a close eye on your delivery time as mine shouldn't be too far behind. My ETA is June 18th but I'm planning on July 2nd and if it's here early I'll be happy.

Haha I'd be happy to MAKE IT around the track in five minutes. I'm pretty sure with a running start it could make it up the hill in high gear. If you have to shift to low that means about 5 mph tops. That'd be GREAT if it was here for the long weekend! I saw a post that said it was 7 days train ride to FL so it's gotta be at least 10 to CA right?

Repeat after me

It's worth the wait

It's worth the wait It's worth the wait

It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait

It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait

and so on till it's home ;D ;D

Repeat after me-

I have a window sticker

I have a window sticker and vin number

I have a projected ETA

I like donkey kong :D

Boss Lady

2012Boss said:
Repeat after me

It's worth the wait

It's worth the wait It's worth the wait

It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait

It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait It's worth the wait

and so on till it's home ;D ;D

I'm trying, but all the videos that are hitting the forums is making me a very biotchy lady when it comes to dealing with my salesman. Sent him an e-mail yesterday telling him not to drill the front fascia for the plate, since at this point it's better that I not talk to that man on the phone. He just doesn't get it!

I have all this stuff written down to order for the car but it's on hold because no new ETA.

:'( :mad: ??? :mad: :'( :'( :'(
The dealer called today and found out my car is awaiting rail. Doesn't know why the system was never updated from 8 Jun. He called and found out the soonest I may get it is 20 June. The wife has me on suicide watch.

TMO Supporting Vendors