The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby GT350 Build..."HAN SOLO"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
VoodooBOSS said:
Looking good. The white letters on your coil covers match the milk in the baby bottle. ;)
Hahah good spot. The install took forever with my son tying up one arm. It was funny pulling off double sided tape and applying the inserts one handed. I will say it is the first project my son and I did together even if he was just staring at the ceiling fan

302 Hi Pro said:
Hi 50Deep:

Your coil covers look great! Look forward to seeing a pic of them installed on your 5.2L. That was $150 well spent!

All the best,
302 Hi Pro

Thanks brother. I gotta get this car out in some sun and get pics of the coil covers. They look pretty good on the car.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Have a little bit of an update. I got to attend the track tour at Buttonwillow race way. Had a hell of a time and thoroughly enjoyed driving the DIB R model. I will upgrade to the R at some point when all the stars align. I snapped a few pics from that event. Also had Jim Owens, Mark Schaller, and my FP driving instructor sign the strut tower brace. They enjoyed seeing the custom Coil Covers.

DSC_0324.jpgDSC_0332.jpgDSC_0333.jpgDSC_0330.jpgDSC_0331.jpgDSC_0353.jpg

After driving the R I knew I wanted to delete the resonators. I am fortunate enough to live about 45 minutes from AED so I had Drew weld in some stainless steel exhaust pipe in place of the resonators. It cost a little more but I wanted quality material and welds. Drew took the time to drop the entire exhaust, weld around the entire pipe. He also was able to cut/modify the stock heat shield so it could be retained and welded it back on. His welding ability is MONEY. Car sounds great by the way
image_54.jpg

Lastly the wife went to IKEA and picked up a frame for me to mount my GT350 photo from. This is the print that is included in the owners supplement.
DSC_0348.jpg

AED FTW. I'm not removing my resonators just yet just in case I can figure out to pass sound at LS.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
VoodooBOSS said:
AED FTW. I'm not removing my resonators just yet just in case I can figure out to pass sound at LS.

I'm a noob at the track. What's up with the noise restrictions? I think thunder hill and Sonoma are closest to us in sac. are they the same way?

We're lucky to have three awesome tracks in NorCal. Unfortunately due to the proximity of homes close to LS they have strict noise limits. Sonoma and TH also have noise limits but it's rarely an issue with street cars and most race cars for that matter.

For your first track day I highly recommend running TH and preferably with HOD and their excellent first track day instruction.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
byronj said:
Hey we were in the same group at Buttonwillow. That was a great event Ford Performance put on.
a few guys wan to go back and run the track once we get our cooler setups installed. I wil let you know in case you want to tag along

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
It would be hot as heck when the splitter shows up. I am in humboldt this weekend and come back Monday afternoon. I am hoping to get it on next week. Let me know when you plan to do yours and see if we can do them both the same day

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
First off want to give a big thanks to Chris at Carbon 2 Carbon. They are a great company and he is a great guy to deal with. Always available for questions before, during, and after purchase. Also helped me trouble shoot the install by text, phone, and email. I would buy more of their parts for sure. I got to see their carbon fiber R spoiler this weekend in Tahoe on Rick from Track Mustangs Online race red 350 and it is a beauty also.

Install of the splitter took some time since it was my first time and dealing with carbon fiber that i was afraid to break. It probably took me 4-5 hours total to get it just right. It would maybe take half that the second time around. The quality is legit though. Make sure to contact Chris at Carbon 2 Carbon if you want one. I ordered mine with the red shelby lettering and a clear bra applied before shipping.

Anyway onto the pics. A couple were taken in Lake Tahoe over the weekend at the Team Shelby "Snakes At The Lake" cruise. The others were snapped locally.

DSC_0383.jpgIMG_2163.jpgDSC_0389.jpgIMG_2177.jpgIMG_2180.jpgIMG_2179.jpg

Also came across this lady who makes cool pixelations at a special event i was working. I had her make a few items for me so I can make a mobile for the kid. Also had her do one of the car just to see how it turned out. It looks better or worse depending on how long I look at it. Pretty cool though.
DSC_0398.png

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Not feeling the red lettering but the clear bra on the splitter was definitely a good call. Glad to see that there IS a way to get replica parts since Ford won't release the OEM stuff to aftermarket.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
ArizonaBOSS said:
Not feeling the red lettering but the clear bra on the splitter was definitely a good call. Glad to see that there IS a way to get replica parts since Ford won't release the OEM stuff to aftermarket.

Thanks brother. The lettering is a love/hate for most.

Wheels and coolers are left to get installed, then I think she will be ready for track use

Very sharp! Great choice. I was on the fence about Graphite on white but the gloss really makes them pop. I now have a new mod on the list. Thanks

This might be a stupid question, but what is a brushed clear? It doesn't look like you brushed it on yourself )

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel