The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sorry I've been away a bit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
We bought a new place recently and I'm hammering away at a remodel before we move in (literally), and trying to pack up our current home. Things are pretty hectic to say the least. So expect slower than normal response times from me but please do send me a PM if anything needs to be addressed here in the forum.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Doing the same thing myself. Just moved in last weekend and the projects are endless. Are you still in CA?
Yeah, about 15 mins away from the old place. The school district is great here so that was the main factor. Will have some pics of the garage soon. It’s a little larger 3-car than the old one we had. And I have storage options elsewhere in the house so I should be able to keep this one much cleaner. :) I sprung for an epoxy coating on the floor since the wife “suggested” it. Now I just need her to suggest a workbench and cabinets, and a lift (10 foot ceilings!).

Still more work to be done on the tear out first for the mini remodel before we move in. I’m beat!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Chris, no apologies needed!!! We've all been down that road and know all the stuff that goes on...Good luck on your new adventure!!!
Thanks Bob! It's exhausting - but it will be great once it's all done. Being on a well, septic, and propane will be a bit different for us. It's on just over an acre, and the sellers included a ride-on mower in the sale. I feel like a kid being excited about riding that thing LOL!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
A well septic and propane require a little attention. If possible contact the company which installed the well for maintenance. They put it in and will know what is below ground. Good info when you need quick repairs. Septic, use additives which promote the breakdown of solids. You pour it in and send it on it’s way. I have been told diced cabbage does the same thing. Propane, get on a scheduled fill program. They may also offer an annual payment program which levels payments although you may not have the seasonal spikes some of us do.:oops:
A larger lot and fewer neighbors are usually good things. The downside, if you live in the sticks like I do, is power outages. A storm comes through or someone hits a power pole and you are out of power for hours or days. In that case, Generac is your friend. Ask your neighbors on that one.
Enjoy the new spread. :cool:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
A Generac with auto switch box is the best solution. I have also had homes with a manual switch box you connect a portable generator to. They work well. Cheaper and the portable can go to the track if you have a trailer.

Last edited:
I chose a system with a 3 tier pump with a ten yr back up battery for just about $3K...The Generac deal would need yrly service and propane tanks installed, which would need monitoring ...I wasn't worried about anything other than the sump pump in the cellar.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I chose a system with a 3 tier pump with a ten yr back up battery for just about $3K...The Generac deal would need yrly service and propane tanks installed, which would need monitoring ...I wasn't worried about anything other than the sump pump in the cellar.
Send me the details on your system Bob, I'd like to check it out.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I have a pony panel on my house with all the critical circuits on it. That panel can be powered by the external hydro or a generator, you just flip a switch to tell it where the power is coming from. Plug on the wall outside for the generator hookup. I have 3 generators, 2 on wheels a 10KW and a 4KW both of which have the 4 prong plug for the 220V pony panel hookup. I also have a 2 Kw suitcase job that can only do 110V. These generators are pretty cheap compared to a Generac, I exercise them now and then to make sure they're still working, and I always have gas around, so it works for me and didn't cost a ton of bucks. If the power went out and I was away from home for a few days, well, I have insurance for that!

TMO Supporting Vendors