The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Boss Effect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin said:
jeepinocala said:
Yeah wait until you pull up next to a camaro and watch the guy kinda look down cause he knows you can hand him his ass anytime ;D Best advice-- Get a radar detector and a good one to. ::)
lol I know what you mean. I cant get a guys in SS's to even look my way on the road. :)

I have one that followed me about 10 min from about 100yards back cause I would not let him catch up he must have been scared of anything over 100 it was kinda funny cause he was first trying to wave me down like hey lets race so I figured sure if you can catch up Ill stop and have some fun what a joke how much faster this car is I owned a camaro 2ss 2010 and thought it was fast untill I decided to get something alot better built wow what an eye opener.

I do the same thing about getting up and looking out in the garage.

Yes, it's ok, yes, it's still there.

Yes, it's still absolutely beautiful.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I know the feeling...you're right about the effect.

My Cobra got good microfiber...now I only use new towels on the Boss paint.

I don't wet mop, but the Boss stall is regularly swept, and the used floor mats from my Cobra are now door mats to wipe my shoes before getting in the Boss. :D

Hard part for me was driving it up 300+ miles to LS...and then parking it uncovered outside a Best Western. I got up 3 or 4 times to check on it and parked where I could see it from the room. :-\

I brought detailing supplies to the track.

Driving back from LS, I looked in 3 towns for a self serve place to rinse down the car...no luck. :(

I have cataloged most of the tags/stickers with pictures and removed/stored most of the paper ones that won't survive on the car long. Loco, I know. ;)

I think the "Boss Effect" starts when you join this site and start checking it every 30 minutes hoping jmbboss can give you an update!

MA
fduboss302 said:
My "Boss effect" has kept me outta trouble. I always look for a super open area before I decide to take a turn a little fast, I don't spin the wheels randomly, and the other day when a stock 335 with some punk college kids kept egging me for 2 miles at EVERY stoplight I did nothing.

Or I'm just getting old (turning 32 later this year) and responsible. Ha, ha, ha. ;D

I need more autocross/track days though. I'm getting the itch, still waiting on my Enkei's before I hit up a road course (separate set of track wheels) Good thing the rest of you guys made 'em all back ordered so I've managed to space out my car fund purchases quite a bit. :D

Totally unrelated, I must be like one of five Asian Boss 302 owners. I need to start sporting a mullet so there's less shock.

No need to grow a mullet. This is a Ford Mustang, not a Chevy Camaro. lol

As far as my "Boss Effect" I love my car, but I refuse to obsess over it. I keep it clean, and mostly I am only able to drive it on the weekends, but I just drive it and don't obsess on the miles on the odometer or the bugs on the bumper cover. I wash it regularly, but I just mostly drive it. Sick of owning cars that I treat better than my wife. I find the Boss 302 to be way too rewarding to drive than it is to detail. Especially, I mean especially, on a race track. And it will get VERY dirty on a race track!

bossmantampa said:
Any other Tampa Boss owners on here..??

Great deal on the Boss congrats. I know there are several Boss owners over there. How many on this site I am not sure.

I'm gonna be at Sebring this Saturday, come on down for a look around.

Sesshomurai

As for boss effect, I'm starting to notice that my concept of money is lost. I see cool options, upgrades and mods everywhere and am getting things I like/need with reckless abandon. It's like monopoly money to me now....order this...order that...I need help!!!! Make it stop!

darreng505 said:
As for boss effect, I'm starting to notice that my concept of money is lost. I see cool options, upgrades and mods everywhere and am getting things I like/need with reckless abandon. It's like monopoly money to me now....order this...order that...I need help!!!! Make it stop!
Yep "The Boss Effect" has mostly effected my wallet. :D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
5 DOT 0 said:
darreng505 said:
Yep "The Boss Effect" has mostly effected my wallet. :D
+2.....my words back in march "I dont want to do anything to the car I like it as is..." Just bolted on a magnaflow comp cat back this morning..... lol

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I think this is the standard reaction to the car. I don't know if it ever goes away. Even though I'm 7500 miles away from mine, I tell my wife to do this or that to the car to make sure it's good. BTW, not from the Tampa area but I did buy my Boss from Nokomis.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel