The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backorder said:
Do you think the recent reduction and "fire sale" of the Z28s for 20% off will have any effect on pricing for the 350 and R? With GM having to reduce their vehicles (Buick, GMC, chevy) including their unsold Zs maybe that was expected by ford and is why they were saying we would be surprised about prices? I wonder when we will get more regular 350 info like specs or pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it will have much effect on pricing but I'm sure Ford is watching it closely. No doubt it will help keep pricing reasonable. I don't think we'll see specific pricing until the order banks open or shortly before. We might get a range or ballpark number though.

So just imagine that you're a Camaro Fan Boy and paid $5-20K ADM to be the first kid on the block to own a Z/28 and then have GM lower the price by 20% plus incentives. Or you're that "car collector" guy that thinks the car is going to be worth more than you paid for it. I imagine there's a few unhappy peeps over in the Chevy camp at the moment. :p

Definitely agree. I would be SO mad! Not to mention, not ALL of the Z28s and Zl1s are marked down, only those that have been on the lot a while. A coworker of mine was at a dealer recently and saw a ZL1 for original MSRP. I would be so angry being the guy to buy a Z NOW only to drive it off the lot and lose more than 20k on it when a little shopping around would have gotten a good deal...it's sad

Anyway, sorry for the thread jack...I'm just soooo freakin bored waiting for more info :-(

For me...I like the regular 350 hood and I'm not sure if/why they would change that and the louvers are ridiculous on the s550...people need to give that idea up.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
Geez let's hope it doesn't look like this. I do expect to see rear brake ducts though.

Agreed. That would not be an incentive to spend over the base GT350. You'd go from the most track oriented car to the one with the most scoops and ducts possible on a Mustang. Well aside from adding one of those roof mounted driver air scoops... ;D

Backorder said:
For me...I like the regular 350 hood and I'm not sure if/why they would change that and the louvers are ridiculous on the s550...people need to give that idea up.
If the scoops are functional and look right I'm all for it but not the way this rendering looks. Below is a link to the article.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2016-ford-shelby-gt350r-mustang-ar166415.html

Now this roof scoop looks ok. ;D

P1-roof.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
If the scoops are functional and look right I'm all for it but not the way this rendering looks. Below is a link to the article.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2016-ford-shelby-gt350r-mustang-ar166415.html

Now this roof scoop looks ok. ;D

P1-roof.jpg

Can I have that whole car for the price of the gt350? Lol

You guys are so nostalgic ; D I'm not a huge fan of white cars but that's why they come with choices right :) Interesting comment on factory 6 - point harnesses. I hadn't seen that before.

TMSBOSS said:
Not nostalgia here. I have issues. ::)

My wife always asks what shade of blue are we buying this time. ;D

The first step is admitting you have a problem. ;)
Blue is my favorite color but I'm trying to convince myself to go stealth this time.

I become more indecisive as the wait gets longer. I have been dead set on competition orange with black stripes...but the white and blue is classic and looks really good...

This wait sucks :-( I don't want to know how much tougher it'll be after I get one ordered lok

The "limited" production is the one caveat to pay attention to. Despite the Z28s sitting on lots with big discounts, if the production numbers are in the low hundreds like I've heard, it could put a damper on things....at least for a while. The key will be my dealer getting an allocation and if not, there will be huge ADMs for a while which I won't be interested in pursuing. Let's hope Ford gets the production numbers right so there are enough for people really willing to buy one, but not too many that they sit on the lots.

cloud9 said:
Interesting comment on factory 6 - point harnesses. I hadn't seen that before.

provisions for safety equipment in a car meant for the track?!?! hallelujah if that's true.
and the double bubble?! if that's true then I'd expect the roof (and perhaps add'l parts) to be made with lighter-weight materials than the gt350.
at this point, I don't care if it only comes in primer color...I'm wanting one.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel