The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Third Quarter Boss Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigiCowboy said:
I'm in the same boat as suprmn and 5 DOT 0.

I called Ford customer service with my order number and was told the car is on a 'Materials Hold". The person helping me did not have access to enough info to say what the hold material was, although it sounds like paint is a suspect. We all heard about the Kona Blue shortage, but this rep said several of the red colors were also currently responsible for holds (not just Bosses/Mustangs).

I was also told that no build date or VIN would be assigned until the hold is released so ....... no idea of a timeframe for build or delivery. The car was ordered 4/11/11.

DigiCowboy......

If you have a 3rd quarter build as I suspect you do, the "material hold" will remain until the order is pulled. Everytime I call and talk to Ford, they say it's on that hold. I ordered mine on 2/14/11 and have been waiting ever so patiently for a build date.

So far, I've yet to hear anymore about the materials used to make Red or Blue being difficult to get......but then again since mine is Yellow, I've paid little attention to it. I wish you the best of luck with your car.

I just hope once the 3rd quarter cars are pulled, they do so by order date and not some random order!

suprmn said:
I ordered mine on 2/14/11 and have been waiting ever so patiently for a build date.

suprmn,
Dang ... you are patient. I thought I was going to be patient, but after hearing how good the car is, my patience is getting thin.
I sure hope you are right and I have the car in Q3. That open-ended delivery date is tough to handle. I was originally told 2-3 months, on 4/11/11.

Material hold means it's in the order system and waiting to be pulled for production. It can show MH for months...ask me how I know. ;D

Well, I can honestly say the best thing about having to wait is I can save more money on a down payment! Not only can I save more for the car but I can also get parts for it that I want.

Using this form and others, there are plenty of new owners out there like Cloud9 who are paving the way with new information about the car. Nothing beats hearing about those who have tried different things with something you are about to get.

Each and every new subject or post which has ideas, parts, or what to do or not to do.....I save and put towards my goals for the car. So with all of this said, the waiting isn't too bad.

Finally got my vin# today!!! Yee ha!
I am told mid to late july for delivery.
I am hoping to go see final assembly .
Its about time!
Got a LS in silver

Roketman.........congrats on the VIN! I'm assuming you have a 2 quarter allocation?

If you do not have a 2nd quarter and its actually a 3rd quarter, this is the thread to post on. It will give people like me hope mine is drawing near. I'd be thrilled to get a VIN in June, but I believe July or August is more like it.

PLEASE POST ONLY IF YOU HAVE A 3rd QUARTER ALLOCATION (with info).......all these false alarms are killing me! LOL

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
It's like I see whether or not there's a new post to this thread and I hope each time that maybe, maybe I might see good news. But noooooo. :(

ufnavy06

5 DOT 0 said:
ufnavy06 said:
It's like I see whether or not there's a new post to this thread and I hope each time that maybe, maybe I might see good news. But noooooo. :(
I think you'll see Q3 cars being scheduled after the fourth of July. Hopefully Ford is getting caught up on the Boss orders.

My ideal situation is when I get off the cruise ship in Alaska, I check my voicemail and see I have a message from the dealer saying my car is built. Or even at the dealership. I can hope right?

5 DOT 0 said:
ufnavy06 said:
I think you'll see Q3 cars being scheduled after the fourth of July. Hopefully Ford is getting caught up on the Boss orders.

I PRAY YOU ARE RIGHT 5 DOT 0!!!

My sales guy promised that it was going to be how it has turned out so far. He said he was slotted a Q3 build, put the order in on Priority "High" and predicted a mid july build. Again this was mid May. When asked if they were jacking the price over MSRP, he scoffed and said no were a reputable dealer.

Let's see how this plays out thru July - plenty of time for things to go south :eek:

Think good thoughts! Waiting sux but every1 says it's worth the wait! Mine was 6 1/2 months and counting. But almost over!

ufnavy06

There's light at the end of the tunnel! I'll have to call my dealer tomorrow and see what they have. I've been meaning to anyways since I'm home finally.

ufnavy06 said:
There's light at the end of the tunnel! I'll have to call my dealer tomorrow and see what they have. I've been meaning to anyways since I'm home finally.

Right after I read meanmud said his was a 3rd quarter, I called ford customer service....just waiting for them to call back! I hope they have good news for me. Stay tuned...lol

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel