The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Key Installation and Pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My idle sounds pretty much the same as the video. The thing is it seems to a take a long time after starting the car before it kicks in. I realize it has to come up to temp, but it also takes a long time if the car is restarted warm. It definitely sounds much better with the side pipes fully uncorked.

Boss1309 said:
Jeepinocala I think you are the only lucky one so far.
I do have the QTP exhaust valves on my car but I think the biggest issue is the fuel I have always used good fuel 93 no less and that does make a big difference not to mention when my tune was put in it was done by someone who has been installing tunes professionally for years he never had to do any update or revision from what I undestood from my dealer. But they did tell me the first thing done was a call to ford racing so who knows.

Those that are saying their car sounds like the car on the video or better, could y'all please post some videos? I'm having a hard time believing someones trackey tune has a lopey idle and mine just makes it idle louder...

codyl said:
Those that are saying their car sounds like the car on the video or better, could y'all please post some videos? I'm having a hard time believing someones trackey tune has a lopey idle and mine just makes it idle louder...

Here is mine but I am not saying it sounds like any other videos posted.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuxcfvqoUc[/youtube]

Here is the Miller car I drove, different camera and only from inside but it is all I have.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTZnLi7pIRk[/youtube]

Black key running the same discs I have with red key (with reving but there is some plain idle at first). I am not saying anything is different, better or worse, just posting the vids for viewing pleasure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmZidzu5KXs[/youtube]

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
I took my LS to the dealer on Friday to have the TK enabled. They did not have any issues and this was the first car they have done. I am certainly underwhelmed by the lopey idle but the crispness of the throttle response and the engine braking are excellent. The car is LS #541 and says “Trackey Idle Enabled” once it warms up. The best part of my Trackey experience……. No charge. ;D

I've had my TracKey installed for several weeks now. I have noticed that once the car is warmed up to normal operating temp, no AC on, no heat setting on....the idle really gets nasty compared to when TracKey Engine Enabled first comes on. As others have stated, they really noticed the lopey idle when the Miller cars were coming into the pits / garage area after being out on the track.

Personally, I like it alot and those that have been in the car with me have definitely noticed the idle difference once the car is warmed up.

I went to the dealer and the service writer did not know about it so she got a tech that knew exactly what to do. He showed her what to order and we went to parts and they ordered it. Got the pack in and the tech installed it in less then an hour. He really knew what he was doing even though this was their first Trackey. Cost me $360. I felt it when I left the dealer. It pulls harder and the the lopey idle is there after warming up. I did notice when I first start it, is says "trackey enabled" then after awhile it says" trackey engine enabled". I got my CARB sticker and I guess it doesn't matter where on the shock tower it's put. Can you imagine in 40 years people trying to reproduce the sticker then where it's put?

BossLS said:
I got my CARB sticker and I guess it doesn't matter where on the shock tower it's put. Can you imagine in 40 years people trying to reproduce the sticker then where it's put?
When did you get the sticker? I had mine installed over two weeks ago and haven't received the sticker yet.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Dot - When I had the Trackey installed they gave me paperwork that instructed me to fill it out and fax it in for registration. I believe the same paper instructed us to call Ford Racing for the sticker, however when i called the person I spoke to said it was already on it's way - it came the next day. My assumption is that when the software is loaded and enabled by the Ford Tech the system should trigger a FedEx of the sticker to you. I'd just call Ford Racing, I'm sure they can track it down for you.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
DOT - No problem. It's a blue sheet entitled "Ford Racing Boss 302 TracKey Voucher". It has the voucher ID on it. The same sheet says to call 1-800-FORD-7888 to provide proff of purchase, VIN, voucher ID (i.e. ####-####-####) and installation invoices number (i.e. FOCS######). When I did call, the guy told me to fax all info to 1-313-621-2500.

However, as I said when I spoke to him he told me that the sticker itself was already on it's way and all this info was to intiate the 3 yr warranty of the TracKey software.

PeteInCT said:
DOT - No problem. It's a blue sheet entitled "Ford Racing Boss 302 TracKey Voucher". It has the voucher ID on it. The same sheet says to call 1-800-FORD-7888 to provide proff of purchase, VIN, voucher ID (i.e. ####-####-####) and installation invoices number (i.e. FOCS######). When I did call, the guy told me to fax all info to 1-313-621-2500.

However, as I said when I spoke to him he told me that the sticker itself was already on it's way and all this info was to intiate the 3 yr warranty of the TracKey software.
Thanks, I did read that and thought the dealer was supposed to contact Ford. I'll give them a call next week.

Since I helped my Tech install my track key program/flash etc. the sticker is mailed to the address you have to type in as you do program download, my Tech just let me type my name, address etc in, my sticker came in about a week. Unless the Tech typed in dealer address it should come to owner. That is what the blanks on screen asked for is your address, not dealers.

5 DOT 0 said:
PeteInCT said:

Thanks, I did read that and thought the dealer was supposed to contact Ford. I'll give them a call next week.

The dealer should call for you but it says call if you don't receive it in 5 days. They just don't tell you where to put it except on left shock tower.

BossLS said:
5 DOT 0 said:
PeteInCT said:

The dealer should call for you but it says call if you don't receive it in 5 days. They just don't tell you where to put it except on left shock tower.

So for those of you placing the stickers on the shock tower, would it be possible to post some pics of the decal placement on the forum? Personally, I think it would be good to see what the consensus is so that Boss onwers can duplicate what has been done already (not sure that the dealers care about these things).

Went to the dealer today and picked up my track key package but will not install it now till spring (we already have salt on the roads) and the cost was $220.00 (his cost). It is the dealer that I do all my business with and would have purchased my LS from him but he did not have an allocation.
Bob

TMO Supporting Vendors