The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What all have you had them fix on your boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My rear bumper is nice on the right side, but the gap is bad on the left side like it is just a little crooked. Anyone else have that issue?

Clutch, small exhaust leak at the manifold/H-pipe connection, and P0300 codes fixed with crankshaft sensor relearn process. Other than that it's been flawless. Very reliable track animal so far.

cloud9 said:
Clutch, small exhaust leak at the manifold/H-pipe connection, and P0300 codes fixed with crankshaft sensor relearn process. Other than that it's been flawless. Very reliable track animal so far.
What did they do to your clutch?

CaliMR -

I have had similar issues with my car. I also had black overspray (in the clear coat) on the driver side top of fender and my rear bumper fitment on the driver side is a little bit off. I chose to keep things the way they are vs. having the dealer potentially make it worse.

Joe

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
Clay bar took most of the black out, it is acceptable now.
things like sap and road tar...dont waste your time or money on bug and tar remover.....denatured alcohol and a soft towel...works wonders. to speed it up a little heat with a heat gun or hairdryer its even better that way.

I haven't had to fix anything yet. Taking it to the dealer for the first oil-change and service. Going to have them check for an exhaust leak that I thought I heard the other day and take care of some scratches in the clear-coat. Probably have them swap the wheels from side to side.

Anyone have a source on some Mobil 1 5w-50?

My 2013 Boss arrived with the radiator cover cracked in 4 places since the bolts underneath were not sitting flush on the frame. My dealer ordered a replacement immediately and replaced. All is good now!

My BOSS just turned a year old today and with 6k on the odometer, I have had no problems or issues. I still enjoy the BOSS and get excited every time I drive just like the first day I drove her home.

Don't think I mentioned it yet, I had a rattle from 3-4k rpm that I could not figure out. Turned out it was a loose clip inside the A pillar. Dealer put tape over it instead of replacing it, I don't know why, but it is inside so I don't really care as long as it works.

Cali, I saw on another post that you bought your Boss at Fairfield Ford. I know it was Feb 13th, I had seen both cars there in the end of Jan. I decided I was going to by one that morning of feb 13th. I called and talked to Devin and asked if they still had the Boss there, he said they still had both of them and I told him I would be there in a little over an hour. I told him I was interested in the White Boss and he said come on down and we could work out a deal. I liked both the Comp Orange and the White Boss but I was a little partial to the White one Because I had a White 2006 GT. When I got to the dealership they were parked nose to nose in the showroom. I walked up to the White Boss and it had a sold sign on the dash, I was disappointed. Devin said he sold it about 1/2 an hour after he talked to me. After thinking about it for an hour I decided to buy the Comp orange Boss. I've got about 1750 miles on it and haven't had any problems. I'm glad I bought it because I really love the Comp Orange, they are great cars.

mvic1518 said:
Cali, I saw on another post that you bought your Boss at Fairfield Ford. I know it was Feb 13th, I had seen both cars there in the end of Jan. I decided I was going to by one that morning of feb 13th. I called and talked to Devin and asked if they still had the Boss there, he said they still had both of them and I told him I would be there in a little over an hour. I told him I was interested in the White Boss and he said come on down and we could work out a deal. I liked both the Comp Orange and the White Boss but I was a little partial to the White one Because I had a White 2006 GT. When I got to the dealership they were parked nose to nose in the showroom. I walked up to the White Boss and it had a sold sign on the dash, I was disappointed. Devin said he sold it about 1/2 an hour after he talked to me. After thinking about it for an hour I decided to buy the Comp orange Boss. I've got about 1750 miles on it and haven't had any problems. I'm glad I bought it because I really love the Comp Orange, they are great cars.

Hey mvic1518, yeah mine was the white one. I had been playing phone tag with Devin for over a week trying to make it out there to pick it up and just put a deposit over the phone since I wasn't going to make it until the 14th. I wasn't sure if he was jerking me around when he said someone was coming to buy it, but he turned out to be a pretty straight shooter.

We should get them together for a reunion. The orange is nice, but my friend had a red one already and didn't want something that close to his when we hang out. I have about 2500 miles on it now.

"Be careful what you post here, you may wish you hadn't when you are trying to sell your car down the road."

Really? The best thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said in the past.

Mine does not have the original battery, it shorted a cell after a month. Guess I'll have to deduct that from the price if I sell it. No longer battery matching.

Mike

BossDuke said:
"Be careful what you post here, you may wish you hadn't when you are trying to sell your car down the road."

Really? The best thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said in the past.

Mine does not have the original battery, it shorted a cell after a month. Guess I'll have to deduct that from the price if I sell it. No longer battery matching.

Mike
Well, here is a real example of what I'm talking about. I had a gt500 up for sale. Posted the add on one of the forums I frequent. The buyer told me he reviewed all my posts to see if I had any of the common issues, and I had a lot of posts, but no issue posts. From that he deduced I had a good car. I'm not saying anything you post here will devalue your car, not at all. But it could keep a potential buyer away, depending on the issue. I'm all for this thread, it helps us keep an eye out for common issues and provides some suggested solutions. I just prefer to take my issues up with the dealer.

Cali, Devin treated me well and seemed like a pretty honest guy. He had a good day selling both cars the same day. In case you are not aware if it, the Golden Gate Mustang National car show is June 22-24 2012 in Concord. I've never been to a national show. Check it out.

TMO Supporting Vendors