The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What all have you had them fix on your boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

at 1200 mi. so far only problem has been a defective center LED brake light. Entire assembly is being replaced next week along with first motor oil and MT trans fluid change. Staying with Motorcraft oil for now but going with Royal Purple Synchromax in trans..

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Dealer will be installing a new ring & pinion into my car this week to combat a very annoying whine from the rearend at highway speed, total mileage around 9600.

cloud9 said:
Dealer installing new A/C condenser tomorrow morning. Failure caused by following M3s with sticky tires too closely.

I thought you had disconnected that thing ? ;D

rom said:
cloud9 said:
Dealer installing new A/C condenser tomorrow morning. Failure caused by following M3s with sticky tires too closely.

I thought you had disconnected that thing ? ;D
I was talked into keeping it since I'd only lose 20 lbs and there were better ways to lose 20lbs :D It's been in the 90s and 85% humidity the past few days so I've actually used my A/C......twice......in 15 months of ownership ::) I did order a grille from 06mach1 to cut down on the carnage.

I thought the real point of pulling it was to open up air for the radiator? I have the AC unconnected on my other car, but am keeping it on the Boss. It is part of the reason I switched to the Boss for Sunday...

CaliMR said:
I thought the real point of pulling it was to open up air for the radiator? I have the AC unconnected on my other car, but am keeping it on the Boss. It is part of the reason I switched to the Boss for Sunday...
That's why I'm putting a new one in that isn't flattend like a pancake so air will flow through it, and I'm putting in the lower grille to hopefully keep it in that condition. If it doesn't work then out it goes.

Just had to take my Boss in for reverse gear damage. The last time i ran the car, while I was attempting to downshift into 1st gear, the shifter slid over into the reverse gate and damaged the reverse gear synchronizer and the proper gear. I tried to replicate the issue while I was not driving foward and, indeed, when I was using an open hand with slight pressure to the inboard side (to keep fight the spring guiding he shfiter towards third gear) the shfiter slid into the reverse gate. I was not putting any intentional downward force on the gear lever at all. At the time it happened, I did not realize it was going into the reverse gate, but thought it was just having trouble getting into first gear. It wasn't until I lost reverse that I realized the true nature of the failure. I knew everyone complained about this shifter, but I thought I could work through it...wrong. Hopefully Ford doens't give me any troubles with covering this under warranty...given it's clearly the fault of their shifter design.

I've had mine for 13 months. No mechanical issues whatsoever. My only gripe was that I found a couple paint flecks but didn't feel it was worth a respray as its never the same as the factory paint. Its one of the best cars I've ever owned...thus far.

Technically the only problem I had was a incorrectly installed guide for the passenger side window which made it squeal when you rolled it up.

The shifter is a POS and the trans clanks between gears, but we know that's normal.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Passenger side power window motor. Other than that, Perfect....

Just changed oil yesterday at 15,000 miles.

john

About to be towed in with a partially engaged brake(parking/E ?) . 4977 on the clock.
Not sure which brake is not releasing.. but it seem to be coming from the rear.

Just pulled it out of the garage and parked it, so I could pull my 08 F-350 in for a little repair... a frozen rear caliper on it.

Brake problems must be contagious.. Hope my other garage parked Ford doesn't get the brake flu...

Nafod said:
About to be towed in with a partially engaged brake(parking/E ?) . 4977 on the clock.
Not sure which brake is not releasing.. but it seem to be coming from the rear.

Just pulled it out of the garage and parked it, so I could pull my 08 F-350 in for a little repair... a frozen rear caliper on it.

Brake problems must be contagious.. Hope my other garage parked Ford doesn't get the brake flu...
What were the symptoms? Was it completely locked up?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel