The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Cobra700 said:
A16CEBFF-BCB4-4845-8ABC-100A638688D0.png

SO PISSED!!!!!! Hit a damn big piece of tire on the highway this morn heading to work. Yes, was late to work too. Ugh. :'(

At least it wasn't the hood or anything else, sucks though, hopefully nothing underneath was damaged.

seca954 said:
I changed the oil at 11k and permanently removed the tranny cool scoop. I'm tired of taking the scoop off for oil changes.

They list the Tranny cooling scoop as a GT specific piece but shouldn't it be able to be installed on a v6 model as well since we share the same transmission?

I cant put my finger on it. but I think the tranny sits some what different. Again, I THINK the V6 may sit foward alittle more than the V8. Do not take this as concreet information. which sometimes I think my brain may have some in it. Bottom line is I beleive the scoop should work:)

I wish I knew for sure because I am always down to get something that would help cool the components of my car. Maybe if someone were to be selling one for a decent price, I might try it out :p

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

I was talking to Steve from Blowfish about the differences in the V8 and V6 transmission locations. Steve said the trans sits 30 MM (if I remember correctly) forward compared to the V8.

That makes the body of the trans forward and maybe too close to the scoop.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Changed the oil and filter after my break in and dyno runs. I must have gone nuts on tightening the original filter because I had to puncture it about 6 times with a screwdriver to get enough torque to loosen it. Geez :eek:

TMSBOSS said:
I was talking to Steve from Blowfish about the differences in the V8 and V6 transmission locations. Steve said the trans sits 30 MM (if I remember correctly) forward compared to the V8.

That makes the body of the trans forward and maybe too close to the scoop.

30mm going to make that big of a difference? I mean the scoop just sits below the transmission and directs air up on to it right?

Well, nothing as exciting as new equipment TO the car today, but here in the sometimes dismal (weather wise) NW we're having a grand day. Temp in the low 60s, no rain, in fact just some wispy clouds on a field of blue above. So we decide the Boss needs some exercise. Since we haven't had it very long I've only logged about a dozen miles or so on it, and my bride hadn't clocked any. In a gentlemanly move I let her take the first shift behind the wheel......................couldn't get her to give it up...............she now has quite a few more miles driving the new toy than I do. Oh well............just more incentive to play catch up later. Life is good.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Installed seats couple weeks ago,finished harness bar and belts(well still have to do mine
want to try to lower my seat a littl)and then gave her a littl wash and back to sleep
image_7.jpg
image_6.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_1.jpg

Looking good guys.

I washed mine today. ::)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

http://youtu.be/LZJicIfzDFk

First event back with the fresh engine, car ran great and even set a new personal best by a couple hundredths of a second.

Had an issue with my EPAS where it would cut out intermittently, turned out to be a loose ground wire from when we put the engine in (hence my incident at 11:47).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel