The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

ArizonaBOSS said:
http://youtu.be/LZJicIfzDFk

First event back with the fresh engine, car ran great and even set a new personal best by a couple hundredths of a second.

Had an issue with my EPAS where it would cut out intermittently, turned out to be a loose ground wire from when we put the engine in (hence my incident at 11:47).

Was it the ground wire connection at the right side strut tower? That must have been a bit unsettling to have had the the PS cut out on you. Glad you found it.

Dave
302 HP

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

302 Hi Pro said:
Was it the ground wire connection at the right side strut tower? That must have been a bit unsettling to have had the the PS cut out on you. Glad you found it.

Dave
302 HP

Bingo.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

I washed the Boss this morning and then went for a cruise through the Sam Houston National Forest to Anderson, Tx. Sunny and 65 degrees.

19th Century Courthouse
Courthouse_zpsf03896ce.jpg

Confederate Soldiers Memorial Plaza
ConfederateMemPlaza_zpseb30432a.jpg

ArizonaBOSS said:
First event back with the fresh engine, car ran great and even set a new personal best by a couple hundredths of a second.

Had an issue with my EPAS where it would cut out intermittently, turned out to be a loose ground wire from when we put the engine in (hence my incident at 11:47).

You got back on course with style, though:) Those two in front looked dangerous, yikes. I thought Mustangs were the ones who couldn't turn ;D

I'll save you! (yes, I don't have a garage. No, that is not my broken fence) Yes, neighbors stared. But you know what? I was not the one getting half the snow coming out of the snow blower blown back into my face! And my ears stayed warm. I am wearing my helmet every time from now on. Gotta get some Boss stripes for my red Toro :)

Juno_Winter_Sucks-1_1.png

[/quote]
WinterSucks said:
I'll save you! (yes, I don't have a garage. No, that is not my broken fence) Yes, neighbors stared. But you know what? I was not the one getting half the snow coming out of the snow blower blown back into my face! And my ears stayed warm. I am wearing my helmet every time from now on. Gotta get some Boss stripes for my red Toro :)
Every snowflake is just another reason to seek a warmer climate.
Hate to see any nice car outside in the weather...especially a Boss.
Wish I had known your predicament.
I'm not that far from you and just happen to have an empty enclosed car trailer.
You are welcome to use it for the remainder of the winter/early spring.

Fastfordnut said:
Every snowflake is just another reason to seek a warmer climate.
Hate to see any nice car outside in the weather...especially a Boss.
Wish I had known your predicament.
I'm not that far from you and just happen to have an empty enclosed car trailer.
You are welcome to use it for the remainder of the winter/early spring.

What a wonderfull offer. Thats as good as it gets.

That picture made me cold--upper 60's here and sunny. I was working on some fab work today, used the Boss as a storage shelf....I know, sounds awful. haha

Black Boss said:
Looking forward to seeing you. Let's hope the weather cooperates ;)

Looking forward to seeing both of you and Steve. The cars got a new ECU, so hopefully no limp mode every other lap this go around.

I grew up in San Antonio, maybe someday I can convince Steve to do a road trip to COTA and we can all link up.

There are some great back roads in the central Texas hill country. If you have an extra day, head West to Lano, grab some BBQ at Coopers, then head south on 16 to 965 through Enchanted Rock to Fredericksburg. Finish the drive with some good German food in one of Fredericksburg's beer gardens.

A good friend bought a 2003 Cobra recently and he called today to see if I wanted to go for a drive. We got together ( me in the Boss and he in his Cobra) when he needed gas, so we pull into the station and he fills up. We get ready to leave when his car goes "click click click". All of a sudden a cute mid 30's blonde girl pulls up and asks if we need a jump.......I say yes please. She pulls around ( in her new Chevy truck) and gets out with the cables, I said "do you always carry jumper cables?" She just smiled and said " I keep them for the Fords".........ouch.
Got it going and went for a nice drive through the foothills, it was sunny and in the upper 60's today. Sorry, no pics.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

cobrakidz said:
A good friend bought a 2003 Cobra recently and he called today to see if I wanted to go for a drive. We got together ( me in the Boss and he in his Cobra) when he needed gas, so we pull into the station and he fills up. We get ready to leave when his car goes "click click click". All of a sudden a cute mid 30's blonde girl pulls up and asks if we need a jump.......I say yes please. She pulls around ( in her new Chevy truck) and gets out with the cables, I said "do you always carry jumper cables?" She just smiled and said " I keep them for the Fords".........ouch.
Got it going and went for a nice drive through the foothills, it was sunny and in the upper 60's today. Sorry, no pics.

So you guys weren't Found On Road Dead...but found at gas station? ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Who said blondes are "lacking"... she knew who to help in their time of need. Wintersucks, I need to borrow that helmet Monday.....they're predicting 8 to 12 inches of snow here in CT.

302BOB said:
Who said blondes are "lacking"... she knew who to help in their time of need. Wintersucks, I need to borrow that helmet Monday.....they're predicting 8 to 12 inches of snow here in CT.

UGH! Same here... hopefully winter will tire itself out with all this sudden activity :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel