The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Got my tracking numbers for the clutch and the driveshaft ;D. trans is being built now and should be out my way soon. BTW were are looking about about 6" to 8" of snow here in Cleveland depending on what weatherman you listen to.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Changed rotors and pads plus full brake fluid flush to prepare for 2015 opener at VIR next weekend. Then drove over and loaded it on the trailer parked at Dad's. Gonna get 8" of snow tonight so on Friday I'll just pull out and be on my way with snow flying off the car.
Steve

Emptied the JLT oil separator, half full after 6 months use. Thought about how and where to fit it best. Didn't find an easy solution. Cleaned the air filter.
Watched some track vids on Youtube and waited for the snow to melt.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

2012-Boss said:
There are some great back roads in the central Texas hill country. If you have an extra day, head West to Lano, grab some BBQ at Coopers, then head south on 16 to 965 through Enchanted Rock to Fredericksburg. Finish the drive with some good German food in one of Fredericksburg's beer gardens.

Had a spare day in Texas after COTA, so I took this trip. Really nice drive and the car saw 6th gear for a change. The BBQ at Coopers was fantastic, but the car wouldn't start after lunch. Seems to be an issue with starter power feed when hot. Battery, Relay and Fuse are fine and cold start isn't an issue. Anyway the BBQ pit team gave me a push start :)

Now on the way to VIR and need to do more diagnosis.....

Glad you liked the BBQ. It's unfortunate you didn't get to drive South through Enchanted Rock. It is a really nice drive with just wining two lane highway and little traffic this time of year.

Have a safe drive to VIR and I'll probably see you Friday night.

Steve

And I forgot to add: changed plugs, installed a Watson breather kit, installed new front rotors, flushed the brakes, mounted tires, and got a spare set of front and rear pads from Pete over the weekend.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

2012-Boss said:
And I forgot to add: changed plugs, installed a Watson breather kit, installed new front rotors, flushed the brakes, mounted tires, and got a spare set of front and rear pads from Pete over the weekend.

You've been busy! After the abuse I gave the car at COTA, I'm planning on getting to VIR early. Need to change Front and rear pads, and front rotors, plus a mini flush on the brakes. Glad I booked a Garage....

I can give you a hand. I am leaving early enough on Friday to make the 4:30 tech, so I'll have plenty of time to help out in the evening.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Berol said:
Getting ready for VIR, found the front wheel hubs are shot :p

Quick fix once you've got parts in-hand...gogogo!

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

2012-Boss said:
I can give you a hand. I am leaving early enough on Friday to make the 4:30 tech, so I'll have plenty of time to help out in the evening.

Thanks Steve. I hope to be done with most of this early, but an extra set of hands for the brake bleed would be a great help!

I expect Steve E will be down early too -- be good to catch up for Dinner.

Nick

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Got my Eibach 300 lb rear spring today...............DOH! I only ordered 1!!!!
Won't be able to play crew chief this weekend trying different spring rates. Ah who cares we are going racin' Berol I will bring the tools to change that hub, I also have a hub if you don't get them, let me know before 6am on Friday.
See you guys about 5pm on Friday.
Steve

Fastfordnut said:
More crap on the way.
Did you ever send me a PM or email?

I was going to but the roads are still so crappy I am not sure I can even get off my street (still no pavement visible)! Stock Pirellis on her at the moment, too. Debating if it would be worth moving her at this point. You never know. This could be the last of it or we could have another blizzard...or several. I have a hard time making up my mind, lol.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

CorteX/JRi DA rears, 18mm sway and Eibach LCAs installed.
16454437315_527f458dfa_z.jpg
16453489432_cf1c9a9973_z.jpg

Not sure if the adjuster should have been mounted facing in or outboard:
16267007300_d55f9703ac_z.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors