The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Cherno134 said:
Swapped the OEM Laguna Seca splitter for the FRPP World Challenge splitter. I had the top and edges painted Race Red to tie in with the LS red trim theme. The paint shop sanded smooth the texture on the splitter top to get the glossy finish. My inspiration to paint the splitter red came from steveespo’s Baus 302 painted in Wood Brothers Racing color scheme.

Looks really nice.

Cherno134 said:
Swapped the OEM Laguna Seca splitter for the FRPP World Challenge splitter. I had the top and edges painted Race Red to tie in with the LS red trim theme. The paint shop sanded smooth the texture on the splitter top to get the glossy finish. My inspiration to paint the splitter red came from steveespo’s Baus 302 painted in Wood Brothers Racing color scheme.

RedSplitter4.png

That looks Fantastic!

That looks fantastic. The 2012 Black LS is my favorite color combo of the two years. I like the splitter painted red but I won't be painting mine white on my LF.

Cherno134 said:

RedSplitter4.png
beautiful.

NFSBOSS said:
Thanks. I'm looking at the 18x8 version of that wheel and have heard it will clear the Brembos. Let us know if it fits.

Rim does fit. Cleared the front brake caliber.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Replaced the body panel clip on the driver's front since I broke the last clip on it taking off the fascia:

1510870_10100530567909654_2112270909_n.jpg

In order to install a bigger Setrab oil cooler and (not pictured) true AN lines:

1688323_10100530591637104_1645430000_n.jpg

lol...broke both of those backing off the trailer after I put the splitter on....it was ugly. Maybe you were there (Chuckwalla?)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

Yesterday I clay bar'd the car then put on some of Adams new paint sealant. Then installed the starkey fog light kit.

DaveStang said:
Received a VIP invite for the 2014 Chicago World of Wheels show Feb. 28th (www.worldofwheels.com) This year they are having a special Mustang exhibit in honor of the 50th anniversary. So, in order to retain the factory stock look, I had to install the original wheels on my Boss LS since the previous owner had put on Ford Racing wheels with Continental tires for daily driving (he sold me the original wheels and tires with the car). Also detailed the wheels wells, brake calipers etc. Should be fun to be a part of this show!

photo.jpg

Congrats for the nomination.
I just finished the Kansas City World of Wheels and took Second in my Class....

Tulsa, OK

Cut down my mondo homemade splitter. Now it resembles the world challenge splitter. I tossed the wheel spats too. It's more sturdy now with less length and it fits the rest of the car.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Keavdog said:
lol...broke both of those backing off the trailer after I put the splitter on....it was ugly. Maybe you were there (Chuckwalla?)

Yep! I didn't realize the damage went that deep, however! Good thing those brackets are cheap.

roadhouse said:
Cut down my mondo homemade splitter. Now it resembles the world challenge splitter. I tossed the wheel spats too. It's more sturdy now with less length and it fits the rest of the car.

Nice. Have any pictures?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Rick:
Nice job on the intake tube plug. I was looking at the inside shot of the tube and there is something in there that is shinny. Is that a head of a screw? Just wondering if I was seeing things.
Regards,
302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
Rick:
Nice job on the intake tube plug. I was looking at the inside shot of the tube and there is something in there that is shinny. Is that a head of a screw? Just wondering if I was seeing things.
Regards,
302 Hi Pro

Probably the rivets holding on the AirRaid logo.

302 Hi Pro said:
Rick:
Regards,
302 Hi Pro
It's just a reflection off of the carbon fiber. There are no bolts or rivets sticking through into the inside of the tube.

Sean said:
Finally dug it out of the snow ;D

tumblr_n1dkw0DKQE1sp6cr2o1_1280.jpg

Looks like you plowed a bit of snow, also, those parking spots suck, I'd be reluctant to even park there. I'm assuming it's a DD, those parking spots would have me out there looking every hour or so.

TMO Supporting Vendors