The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

302BOB said:
Nice tires Buland, Cheapest Pirelli's you'll ever find.. ;D

that is true 302bob ;)

did nothing more to the boss today, but hissed the correct flags :)
a2b41d9c722e97aa9c04638995ee4129_zpse94567fd.jpg

Bought a used set of Borla Ataks from Craigslist. Met a cool Mustang head and made a new friend. Got a great deal on the exhaust and he offered to install them on my Boss real quick. Best Craigslist experience ever ;) He just sold his 13 LS, got an offer he couldn't refuse. Has a sweet '03 Cobra and to replace his Boss he picked up an all original '93 Cobra that was stored in a bubble with 9,300 miles. Car is crazy cool, clean and mint. He's doing some maintenance on it from sitting and some mods I think. Can't wait to go for a ride when he's done. Too cool.

6u9a7yja.jpg

I went to the Fuji Speedway short course.I received guidance from Eiji "Tarzan" Yamada.He is a famous racer.
He drove my Mustang Boss302. He said. "This is a very nice car. And so much fun!. I'm glad to be able to drive this car."
It was a great time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarzan_Yamada
[youtube]http://youtu.be/PM-X6WF0S40[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/FiUqemcTnNg[/youtube]

9d4428b982.jpg
9eb268c993.jpg
599b1f5b6c.jpg
896ead3632.jpg
c8f27e63fb.jpg

Bikke that's an awesome video but I couldn't understand a word he said. ;) Way to represent the Boss 302 in Japan!

I recognize most of the cars in your photos but not the white one you just passed. What car is that?

After my short test drive it was time to put her away due to an incoming rain storm
The weather was close and I needed to get her three blocks,
Just prior to getting to the shop, the car decided to take a very ubrupt right hand turn
Brakes could not stop the car once it was on grassy she slid into two more walls and the entire suspension
Has been removed almost completey. Chromoly aram brok
Front and rear
A arms and k member and the radiated did they jobs
Everything from the lower grill and down is toast.
I have no coolant leaks and only one oil leak coming from mid block
Rear end rolled.nthenlower control arms snapped.
React apron took a a kit too. But door gaps Ect ATM first glance appears normal. Nothing I can say with
Body that's hurt. Other than from fenders being smushed by the fudged wheels.

I think is it going to be easy for a good shop to straighten up
Repair it properly and I'll have to decide if I will retire and this point since my wife almost broke down
She was there when I crashed ny last effort and was watching as they liked lighted me to
The hospitals. And for surgeries later.. I do now if I should be putting her through this much
Stress again

Any idea? Cars insured for roughly 70k
So I bet it isn't totaled on that reason
If it is totaled I think I'm going to buy back

NFSBOSS, looks like an FD RX7.
I drove my car around after installing Koni Yellows and the GC cc plates, feel like the car should have come from the factory this way. Now I think I need A arm bushings since I think I can feel the deflection in them now that everything else is tight.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

gremlinsteve said:
After my short test drive it was time to put her away due to an incoming rain storm
Just prior to getting to the shop, the car decided to take a very ubrupt right hand turn
Brakes could not stop the car once it was on grassy she slid into two more walls and the entire suspension
Front and rear
React apron took a a kit too. But door gaps Ect ATM first glance appears normal. Nothing I can say with

Repair it properly and I'll have to decide if I will retire and this point since my wife almost broke down
She was there when I crashed ny last effort and was watching as they liked lighted me to
The hospitals. And for surgeries later.. I do now if I should be putting her through this much
Stress again

Fix her up as a driver and make wife happy.

You know what they say....If Mama ain't happy....Ain't nobody happy

Glad the driver came out better than the car. It's just stuff.

NFSBOSS said:
Bikke that's an awesome video but I couldn't understand a word he said. ;) Way to represent the Boss 302 in Japan!

I recognize most of the cars in your photos but not the white one you just passed. What car is that?
Thanks NFSBOSS.
He said"This car is fun! Amazing! This is the V8 engine".He likes American cars.
That car is RX7.
95926639a0.jpg

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Rear diff fluid flush, fresh oil & filter, brake fluid flush, check brake pads/rotors, radiator flush, inspect tires, torque down the obvious.

Now all I need IS WEATHER OVER 32 DEGREES DAMN IT ! ::)

Signed,
Sick of Winter in CT

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

gremlinsteve said:
Front and rear

Stress again

YIKES!
What products were you using for the control arms etc?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

PeteInCT said:
Rear diff fluid flush, fresh oil & filter, brake fluid flush, check brake pads/rotors, radiator flush, inspect tires, torque down the obvious.

Signed,
Sick of Winter in CT
+1 sick of winter.
All I have left is to change front hubs, brakes, flush brake fluid, put the nose back on, mout 2 sets of slicks, pick up my new truck and trailer and be ready for Lime Rock 4/12 and leave for Charlotte 4/15-4/18. Plenty of time.
Steve

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

PeteInCT said:

Signed,
Sick of Winter in CT

+2

Had to fire up the propane heater in the garage to start the install of the Diff cooler. Had originally planned on just the gage to check temps, but talking to the Ford Racing guys at Watson they said that with the Torsen, any extended track time, they add a cooler.

More than half way through. Will post pics next weekend.

TMO Supporting Vendors