The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Tucson302 said:
Amen! I'm assuming your coming down to Inde right?

Uh, YEAH!! It's gonna be a good weekend!

BTW, your car is gonna look sorta like this next weekend:

V6jHQCf.jpg

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

ArizonaBOSS said:
Uh, YEAH!! It's gonna be a good weekend!

BTW, your car is gonna look sorta like this next weekend:

V6jHQCf.jpg

Yeah I can't wait to get all these parts installed, walk past them everyday in the garage and sigh!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

installed the web electric products one touch turn signals. nice little upgrade it should have come with :)

also I bought four revan racing true forged jacking rail inserts. I took some shoe goo and glued them in place. two for the front and two for the rear. having roush side splitters I had to get out the dremel and make some room. even modified the back for them to fit in front of the kooks side pipes. now I have a super easy no welding required way to easily jack up the car.

http://www.revanracing.com/products/true-forged-billet-jacking-insert.html

I had new tires mounted on my track wheels.

IMG_3763_zps5b5ebba2.jpg

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

also I bought four revan racing true forged jacking rail inserts. I took some shoe goo and glued them in place. two for the front and two for the rear. having roush side splitters I had to get out the dremel and make some room. even modified the back for them to fit in front of the kooks side pipes. now I have a super easy no welding required way to easily jack up the

Justin, their web site says it doesn't work in the rear on the Boss. What did you do? Also what is "shoe goo"?

Tulsa, OK

Finished welding up my new "Vorshlag" exhaust. 3" Magnaflow resonators after the x-pipe dumped right before the axle. This setup is LOUD but it sounds great :)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

Fomoco302 said:
also I bought four revan racing true forged jacking rail inserts. I took some shoe goo and glued them in place. two for the front and two for the rear. having roush side splitters I had to get out the dremel and make some room. even modified the back for them to fit in front of the kooks side pipes. now I have a super easy no welding required way to easily jack up the

Justin, their web site says it doesn't work in the rear on the Boss. What did you do? Also what is "shoe goo"?
you have to dremel out a larger opening in for of the side exhaust. It on the side skirts underneath so you can't see it anyways. Shoe goo is an adhesive it's clear and weather resistant. E600 at advanced will work also

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

roadhouse said:
Finished welding up my new "Vorshlag" exhaust. 3" Magnaflow resonators after the x-pipe dumped right before the axle. This setup is LOUD but it sounds great :)

The smittytx exhaust ;)

roadhouse said:

Get some ear plugs. Makes driving a lot more peaceful. Did you install exhaust hangers anywhere?

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Justin said:
you have to dremel out a larger opening in for of the side exhaust. It on the side skirts underneath so you can't see it anyways. Shoe goo is an adhesive it's clear and weather resistant. E600 at advanced will work also

If you could post some pics that would be great. I also have the Kooks side exhausts.
Thanks

Tulsa, OK

neema said:
Get some ear plugs. Makes driving a lot more peaceful. Did you install exhaust hangers anywhere?

I'll keep that in mind :) Yes, I welded some hangers to the tips, connected those to some rubber straps and then bolted them to the body.

Tulsa, OK

roadhouse said:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/cCVZQuzyloQ[/youtube]

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14

installed my JLT passenger side oil separator before my Wednesday drive Seattle-Portland round trip;which I am treating as a dry-run for my end of the month run to Miller Motorsport Park and pack.

SVO WOODY said:
Finally got everything together on the Paxton Novi 2200 Competition Kit
What kind of power does that hair dryer put out. Nice install, looks clean. What I really like is that you keep the Boss intake..

TMO Supporting Vendors