The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

SVO WOODY said:
Finally got everything together on the Paxton Novi 2200 Competition Kit

photo42_zps6063b1fa.jpg
photo1_zpsaff1ef69.jpg
JLT2_zps007fcd36.jpg
JLT1_zps2d9844c9.jpg
IMG_4042_zps71155e16.jpg

Your Boss looks great. I'm not sure on the tint regulations up here in Canada ( I'm not sure I could get away with that.)

What did I do.... well took her out and opened her up in the back country here in Calgary, and with camera in hand, trying to make some awesome shots for my sons new poster I'm going to make for him of our 2012 Boss.

what do you think?

60334D68-7B86-44DF-A67B-C97C779AF9AD.jpg

D3A74AFB-B809-436E-BC67-4394BF2586D4.jpg

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada

boss man said:
What kind of power does that hair dryer put out. Nice install, looks clean. What I really like is that you keep the Boss intake..

750hp to the crank and 608rwhp. On pump gas. On a Mustang dyno. So a Dynojet will be insane!!!!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Had to find a header leak so I did this;
photo14_zpsc53566a3.jpg
photo24_zps47403aa0.jpg
photo35_zpsc019193e.jpg

And while I did that I am adding this;
photo13_zps755d1243.jpg
photo23_zps8452e120.jpg
photo34_zps2e161985.jpg
photo4_zps3ecf1a11.jpg

If I knew how easy it is to drop the K Member I would have done it A) When I did my headers and B) When I replaced the steering rack. Everything is so much easier to access. Got the K member dropped, motor mounts and starter out and exhaust pipes disconnected from the headers in 3 1/2 hours from 5pm-8:30pm. Tomorrow I will remove the headers and replace the gaskets and studs/nuts. Thursday I'll do the pan swap and start putting it back together, Friday rotors and pads for VIR and a wash, then she should be all buttoned up and ready to go. Saturday my dealer has a big car show so it will be nice to just relax.
Steve

Steve, I tip my hat to you! You go where many of us won't when working on your car. What I'm really amazed is you do all this in your driveway at home. I love when things are posted like this. All I can say is WoW.

steveespo said:
Had to find a header leak so I did this;
photo14_zpsc53566a3.jpg
photo24_zps47403aa0.jpg
photo35_zpsc019193e.jpg

And while I did that I am adding this;
photo13_zps755d1243.jpg
photo23_zps8452e120.jpg
photo34_zps2e161985.jpg
photo4_zps3ecf1a11.jpg

If I knew how easy it is to drop the K Member I would have done it A) When I did my headers and B) When I replaced the steering rack. Everything is so much easier to access. Got the K member dropped, motor mounts and starter out and exhaust pipes disconnected from the headers in 3 1/2 hours from 5pm-8:30pm. Tomorrow I will remove the headers and replace the gaskets and studs/nuts. Thursday I'll do the pan swap and start putting it back together, Friday rotors and pads for VIR and a wash, then she should be all buttoned up and ready to go. Saturday my dealer has a big car show so it will be nice to just relax.
Steve

Very nice! What was the hardest part of removing k member?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

There really is no hard part. Supporting the engine I guess, as you see I have the trans jack under the front of the bellhousing and a jack stand under the coil pan as a safety. I have an engine support bar but its more trouble to set up than its worth. When I replace the engine I am dropping out the bottom factory style, I will use my friend's lift for that though.
Steve

113°!?? You guys have it worse than us! (in Fresno)

Steve you just gave me the itch to man up and get some work done. Why can't you be my neighbor?

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Found the header leak on cyliinder #4, and got the pan in with help from a nice young man named Vinny who has a 2012 Kona Boss. Met him through my body shop guy last year and he stopped by my house when he saw the car up on jacks. Really made the oil pan install go a lot easier.

photo_zpsff6146cf.jpg

Steve

Looking good Steve!

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Found potential problem causing vacuum leak. I have been chasing an air or exhaust leak since I have been trying to data log for a tune for my CJ intake. So far I have changed all the vacuum lines, replaced header gaskets, replaced O2 sensors and MAF sensor, and this morning pulled my intake to check the port gaskets. No way the port gaskets were leaking but upon examination I found a 3" long crack in the rear of the upper plenum, running from the seam between the halves in the middle to the reinforcing rib on the drivers side. I cleaned it out with electric contact cleaner and flooded it and the weld seam with medium viscosity super glue. I will let cure for an hour and then plan on coating with Super Black RTV. Hopefully this is what has caused my fuel trims to be 27% above baseline. Wish me luck.

Moral of this story is I don't know why it cracked, so be aware of any funny intake noises or idle stability issues. I thought my idle hunting was because of my tune and large CAI/85mm throttle body combo.
Steve

Installed lower mesh grille finally. Learned to remeasure, after you measure again, somehow I was off somewhat on the passenger side. I tugged on it and it seems to hold.

20140518_102537_zpsa2554768.jpg

I swapped the stock exhaust baffles for the 3/4" ones, and I never liked the stock driving light delete inserts so I had a buddy print a set on his 3D printer that had the honeycomb opened up. If you ask me, that's how they should have come from the factory.

p135503481-5.jpg

fu_watertempsensor_censor.jpg

After months (a year?), I finally screwed my water temp sensor into the block heater port. I guess I put it off, because I knew it would be a PIA and it was. But now I got 4/5 of my Innovate gauges working, so I'm happy. Write-up coming soon in the gauges thread.

TMO Supporting Vendors