The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

cloud9 said:
Do it. It's a great kit. Have fun at the Glen man!

I'm looking at it CLOSELY (because its in my office ;-). ) Just no time now, leaving tomorrow AM.

Installed my Blowfish Racing brake duct kit. Broke one of the clips in that large plastic triangle for the top side portion of the bumper cover. Oh well. I'll fix it later when I mount the honeycomb sheet that I forgot about. Re-installed my BMR DS safety loop and the Whiteline trans mount insert. The Ds loop was a pita on jack stands. Very heavy when you are inches away and can't stretch your arms up. Dropped it on my face... then got it installed and noticed I forgot a spacer. Grrr. Will take her for a drive tomorrow to test the insert.

What are you all doing about the windshield fluid reservoir? Mine is definitely in the way of the duct and forces it into a sharp bend that will inhibit airflow. Not sure how it mounts. Please tell me there is a way to fix it without removing the bumper cover again!

WinterSucks said:
What are you all doing about the windshield fluid reservoir? Mine is definitely in the way of the duct and forces it into a sharp bend that will inhibit airflow. Not sure how it mounts. Please tell me there is a way to fix it without removing the bumper cover again!

WinterSucks,
Did my passenger side ducting today, the bend is pretty sharp, but even the spacer trick only does so much. I'm hoping the drivers side is easier.

WinterSucks said:
Installed my Blowfish Racing brake duct kit. Broke one of the clips in that large plastic triangle for the top side portion of the bumper cover. Oh well. I'll fix it later when I mount the honeycomb sheet that I forgot about. Re-installed my BMR DS safety loop and the Whiteline trans mount insert. The Ds loop was a pita on jack stands. Very heavy when you are inches away and can't stretch your arms up. Dropped it on my face... then got it installed and noticed I forgot a spacer. Grrr. Will take her for a drive tomorrow to test the insert.

Removed mine completely; less important than proper brake cooling.

Maui

Did what I always dreamed about...
10479203_10152538684643704_948386763681322358_n.jpg

Maui

Thanks guys. BTW Steve I saw a pic of your car in the newest Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords...(Or I think it was that issue) ... There is no Dyno here on the island of Maui so that won't happen.. I will post quarter mile times when I go to the drags though for sure.. I got the 82 MM pulley (10 lbs of boost). I also got the afco dual pass heat exchanger with the two 10 inch fans... I think I got the second to last one of the old gen 1 TVS S/C... The new gen2 VMP S/C should be available soon for the 5.0.

Patrick Shelby --I hope the transmission survives. I will be carefully not to over do it.. :)

Koni Struts and shocks installed... FRPP Oil cooler lines buttoned up, front fascia/bumper cover and splitter all reinstalled, and installed my new 302S grill.

FrontStrut.jpg

Alignment on friday, and she will be ready for her Barber Motorsports park event in two weeks!

Luke

Decided to try the BFGoodrich GForce Sport Comp 2s for street - my Pirellis were done. For $1000 installed I'm liking them.
Also ordered a new set of rotors (factory) - when they come in I'll replace the rotors and pull the carbotech pads and go back to street for the summer.

Keavdog said:
Decided to try the BFGoodrich GForce Sport Comp 2s for street - my Pirellis were done. For $1000 installed I'm liking them.
Also ordered a new set of rotors (factory) - when they come in I'll replace the rotors and pull the carbotech pads and go back to street for the summer.

They're not half bad track tires, either...surprisingly grippy, and seem to wear pretty well. As we all know, Ford Racing School uses them on the Boss Track Attack cars.

dabossinne said:
They're not half bad track tires, either...surprisingly grippy, and seem to wear pretty well. As we all know, Ford Racing School uses them on the Boss Track Attack cars.

That's where I first saw them and liked the way the performed. My jaw dropped at the price - hard to beat!

Installed the giant spherical BMR UCA

ysuny4y9.jpg

Started the seat/roll bar install. Planted seat brackets don't really conserve space if lowering seat height is a concern. There's .5 and 2" of space under the bracket under the front and rear (respectfully). Otherwise, they look nice.

eveqe6yv.jpg

pu2yruju.jpg

udate2eh.jpg

SC BOSS said:
Which seat are u going with neema? Is that the Sparco bracket?

Sparco evo 2 (non US). It's the only seat I've been able to sit in that's tall enough to get the harness holes over my shoulders but it's not too wide.

The seat bracket is made by Planted.

Keavdog said:

I have had these for the last 2k miles and two AutoXs. Great tires so far. The 4th of July I went down to visit my parents in the middle of that monsoon we had here in NE. except for puddles, I can say I never would have known it was raining. And that was with rain so heavy I could only see 40-50ft. In the puddles I was pulled a bit on the puddle side, but NOTHING like the stock Pirellis. I thought I was going to crash the one time I got caught with the Pirellis.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Laguna Seca prep:
Oil & filter change
Transmission fluid change & refill w/ MTL
Noticed the carrier bearing on my stock driveshaft is spewing grease all over the tranny tunnel :-/ Gonna call Dynotech tomorrow and see if they can fast-track me a shaft or I'm going to have to go as-is.

Also on deck for tomorrow front brake pad replacement & full bleed.

Then just need to wash the car and wipe down the interior!

ArizonaBOSS said:
Laguna Seca prep:
Oil & filter change
Transmission fluid change & refill w/ MTL
Noticed the carrier bearing on my stock driveshaft is spewing grease all over the tranny tunnel :-/ Gonna call Dynotech tomorrow and see if they can fast-track me a shaft or I'm going to have to go as-is.

Also on deck for tomorrow front brake pad replacement & full bleed.

Then just need to wash the car and wipe down the interior!
I didn't realize you were still on the stock DS. Amazing it made it this far! Hope they can get you one ASAP.

TMO Supporting Vendors